Clinical & Support Options Employee Reviews

Not enough money
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MASeptember 6, 2018
For a family support worker position, the company requires a college degree yet only pays $12 an hour. I was making $12 an hour at my job during my time going to school in undergrad so this was an insult. It is very hard to live on this low salary. This job also takes a toll on your car because you'll be driving all over the place and have no choice in where they assign you to go. They do reimburse mileage but you cannot count driving time towards productivity so if you were stuck with a far case, this was a loss of time you could be billing for.

I loved my coworkers, loved my clients and had a lot of fun at this job. I had to leave when I was offered a job at a different company with higher pay.
Pros
fun coworkers, learned a lot of skills
Cons
very low pay, lot of mileage on your car
A Great Place to Start a Career
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Berkshire County, MAMay 16, 2018
CSO worked for me. I did not want (for) much and it was a great first job in the field. I worked mostly in my community doing door-to-door therapy and liked that freedom.
Pros
Great chance to start in the field as a therapist
Cons
Upper management has nothing but distain for the people working in the company.
underpayed
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 5, 2018
This was the lowest paying job Ive had, as a professional, despite having experience. It was lower then my entry level job. It was very stressful and there was lack of support from management.
Very fun place to work
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2018
I loves Working here . It was an over all great experience working here and also i gained Some experience and wouldn’t mind referring anybody here for a job .
Pros
A lot of thing
Cons
N/a
I wouldn't want to work anywhere else
Admin (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAFebruary 12, 2018
CSO has given me the flexibility I need to balance both work and family. My supervisor is the best supervisor I've ever had. She is supportive and always there when I need her. I love the work that I get to do and the people I work with. This is the most rewarding job by far that I have had the pleasure of doing.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits, and type of work
Coworker conflicts and lack of team work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAFebruary 8, 2018
I received minimum to no on the job training. My coworkers refused to work cooperatively with me. Work place bullying. Constantly challenged for job placement, security, and hours. CSO Inc. is a large organization with many programs. The program I worked in appeared to be on the verge of bankruptcy.
Pros
Easy work, not physically or mentally strenuous
Cons
Horrible coworker relations, lack of micromanagement
You Will Not Find A Better Place To Work!
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 7, 2018
So I started at CSO as an intern in Outpatient and I did not think I was going to stay past internship, but the relationship I had with the supervisor and all management staff, my peers and the community I was serving were all reasons to stay on. In five years I have been promoted 4 times-that sounds too good to be true, but if you commit to this agency and the mission to provide effective, client-centered care and take advantage of the multitude of trainings, free CEUs, supervisions, specialized certifications, you are sure to succeed! It is amazing that for such a large and rapidly growing agency, that upper management is incredibly visible and down to earth. Your ability to make a difference in this field is lifted up here. As an intern even, I was able to serve on a workgroup to make our site better and more trauma informed. I was passionate about a specific population, so I was supported in adapting a curriculum to start a new group. This organization is led by some incredible women at all levels of management right up to our CEO- who is the smartest, savviest leader and change agent. I could literally go on and on and on about what an amazing place to work CSO is. Most of what the poor reviews say speak more to industry issues (low pay, productivity, etc) and guess what, our CEO actively engaged in taking on the state on to address these inequities and advocate for better client care. It’s an honor to work for CSO, amongst the most compassionate managers and staff and I have learned and grown immensely.
Pros
Commitment to staff training, special certifications in evidenced based practices, free supervision and CEUs, trauma-informed at every level of agency, autonomy, ability to make a difference and feel valued
Cons
Challenging field, but highly rewarding
Geniune, Hard Working, and Passionate people top to bottom.
IT (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MAFebruary 7, 2018
I am currently employed at CSO, in a fairly integral role that allows me to see behind the scenes and on the front of lines of the CSO work force. In my almost 2 years of employment here I have worked with many different people from all of our different areas of service and in every office and program I find sincerity and passion abound. People here really care about the service they provide and support staff understand the trauma and hardships our clients experience as well as the second hand trauma our EMPLOYEES deal with, this leads to very cohesive environment that can survive almost anything because you can trust in the person next to you to do their job, so that you can do yours, and a client can get the help they need and deserve. That has been beautiful to me. In regards to specifically my position I have been allowed to grow and learn and make mistakes so that I an become a better employee in my field and this has been invaluable to me and I will always be grateful to CSO for this! I have also been blessed here to have direct and indirect supervisors or the highest quality who make me want to work harder with the amount of effort and passion they bring to work everyday.
Pros
management, people, services, benefits
Cons
pay but thats standard for a non profit
Fantastic place to work - wouldn't work anywhere else!
current employee (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAFebruary 7, 2018
I've been at CSO 11 years and have had a wonderful employment experience. My coworkers and supervisors have been very supportive, and make it a fun place for me to come to work every day. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else, and I am proud of the great work we do with clients. If you work here, you can expect to work with a great team who loves the work they do.
Great team, great supervisors, and lots of room for learning
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 5, 2018
I've worked at CSO for over 10 years, and have had a wonderful experience. Management invests in opportunities for training, licensure, and advancement, including regular morale events like pot lucks, "tributes" to co-workers, and other fun things. Quality of supervision is great. We have tons of on-site trainings and can get free CEU's. Regular collaboration with coworkers is a plus. It's tough work some days, but this is a great environment to do it in and you get lots of support. Tons of time off too, and a lot of flexibility in scheduling. I have always felt supported here. There has been significant investment from the agency in evidence based practices and supporting getting training in them.
Pros
Colleagues, supportive management, great office space and physical environment
Cons
some colleagues don't appreciate what they have

Want to know more about Clinical & Support Options?

Ask a question
Great place to work!
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAFebruary 5, 2018
Clinical and Support Options is a great place to work! The work they do in the community is really important and needed and I am proud to support the direct care staff. It’s a fast paced company that is rapidly explanding so there are lots of opportunities for advancement. The office feels more like a family, everyone is friendly and willing to help when needed. Benefits are great!
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Awesome Place to Work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MAFebruary 5, 2018
This is a fantastic place to work! My supervisor is extremely helpful and a great mentor. I have the ability to do what I love every day. Work life balance and self care is an incredible part of the culture here. Would recommend CSO to anyone who is interested!
Beware, not a good place to work!
AP Specilaist (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAFebruary 4, 2018
I worked at this company for only one month because they did not give me the opportunity to get familiar with the job. There were no procedures in place to use as a guide. I had to keep asking questions because of this. Also, I got buried with invoices because the person in charge of Purchasing and the IT department sent invoices over a month later to be processed. The company is very unorganized, and was backed up with work. I will say this though, they do have a nice benefits package to make up for low wages but those are the only perks that come with the job. Higher ups at the company can be rude and very direct. Plus, the turnover rate is extremely high.
Pros
Free snack
large community mental health agency
VP of Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAFebruary 3, 2018
learned about managing a company
learned about uniqueness of western mass
become involved in United Way
hard - too many competing priorities, understanding financials
easy - managing staff
Working for this company was a nightmare!
Accounts Payable Managing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MAJanuary 26, 2018
I lasted on the job for a month, but while I was there, I did learned a lot about the company. They expect you to do 5 thing at one time, and are constantly cracking the whip. Management is the problem. They expect for you to be top notch when you walk through the door for pennies.They will bury you with work and give you a deadline to have it done. They do not care. I guess that's why there turnover rate is super, super high. I believe the hardest past of the job is dealing with the uppity, snobby, arrogance of some of the higher ups. I can't say that my experience at this company was a good one, but i will say I was ready to quit as soon as I started. They did me the honors by letting me go first, after word got out that I was going to quit.
Pros
Fee snacks
Cons
n/a

Comment – February 1, 2018

Thank for the review. I was going to apply for the position but no way if this company is that bad.

relaxed enviornment
Mental Health Counselor - (Per-diem) (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAJanuary 22, 2018
Worked at CSO per diem. I always was happy to pick up hours because the staff was easy going and the clients were social and respectful. I enjoyed the experience it gave me.
Pros
nice enviornment
Cons
low pay with a non profit
Best job ever
Outpatient Clinician (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJanuary 14, 2018
I love my job! Lots of autonomy for outpatient clinicians - I can set my own schedule and caseload, as well as pick up extra hours here and there doing intakes as needed. Helpful, accessible and non-overbearing supervisors. Fair compensation. The only pressure to maintain a certain level of productivity is related to keeping health insurance benefits if you choose to enroll. Yes there's paperwork, but it's within what you would expect for this type of position. I've never felt that I needed to prioritize paperwork over client care, and that's what is most important to me.

All around awesome job. I have no plans of leaving and genuinely enjoy going to work.
Sometimes fun sometimes sad
Overnight Crisis supervisor /Clinician (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 11, 2018
Good place to learn and advance in the social work area, easy to train and the manager are supportive to the clinicians. The hardest part of the job is when someone doesn't get to go home.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad turn over rate
More like a paid internship
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  NorthamptonDecember 31, 2017
CSO was a rich learning opportunity for someone straight out of graduate school. I learned the ins and outs of the inner workings of a community outpatient mental health clinic. The staff turn over was too high due to low wages for employees. I enjoyed collaborating with colleagues on cases, yet did not earn a living wage despite working full time.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
poor management
Horrible management
Crisis Clinician (Former Employee) –  Northampton, MADecember 10, 2017
Management belittles and micromanages staff. Little job security if you have a mind of your own. There is favortism if you're not willing to succomb to nonsense.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Upper Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clinical & Support Options. Our community is ready to answer.

Clinical & Support Options Reviews by Location