Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Working at Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP: 29 Reviews

United States29 reviews

What is the best part of working at the company?Friendship What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Anxiety and stressWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Good teamwork What is a typical day like for you at the company?There are good days and there are bad days.

Very unorganized stressful place to work.

This place is unorganized. Stressful for all employees. Horrible trainers and management doesn't know the process or job detail of their billers. Basically if management needed to step in and do someone's job they won't be able to because they don't know how.

Pros

Cons

They give you breaks but you can't take them because it is so understaffed.

Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Move on to something better...

Working for this company should be used as just a stepping stone... DO NOT intend to stay long.It's almost impossible to advance anywhere here. I wouldn't suggest wasting your time for too long.

Entry level job in the background

Clinical Labs is an alright job. My specific position was an entry level position as an assistant. Things were hectic here due to COVID so a lot of things just seemed unorganized. My sister worked in the same department as me and she was usually stressed out.

Pros

Own area to work in, allowed to eat snacks in area, outside area to eat lunch

Cons

Poor management, poor pay, lots of Cliques within the building

N/a

Really good company to work with and the manager and supervisor that I have he’s really nice’the doctors they have really nice too.that’s why I love working for this company

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Fast paced and forever changing environment with a very high demand for quick thinking and quick acting services. You need to be able to work alone and with a team.

Endless Parade of Managers

I worked here for four years, and in that time there were three interim managers, and another permanent manager who quit. Prior to that, the manager who hired me left before I even got there. Corporate pays more attention to the budget than to retaining and motivating good employees. There was little work/life balance as managers changed scheduling patterns frequently and it was difficult to attract perm staff from the mainland due to low salaries. They used agency techs with various job ethics to cut costs, without consulting senior techs during the hiring process. Salaries frequently frozen, no COL increases but occasional annual bonuses. Initiated 25% pay cuts, furloughs and lay offs during COVID-19.

Pros

Supportive coworkers, new break room.

Cons

Lack of work life balance, low salaries.

Disconnect between Management and Employees

The schedule is extremely limiting. It currently operates using a bi-weekly schedule. The schedule is not released regularly, and the shifts are consistently changing. It makes it very difficult to plan any life outside of the workplace. Doctor appointments, family trips, or last minute emergencies become victim to the inconsistent schedule. This in turn results in frequent sick-calls and last minute coverage required. Staff are notified day-of that they need to travel to a different location to cover. An employee may be scheduled at three different job sites in one week, maybe more. PTO is ok, however getting approved for leave or a vacation is a 50/50. There is high turnover and employee satisfaction and morale is low. Silo mentality and favoritism are commonplace.

Pros

Most lab tests are free.

Cons

Schedule/Shifts/No Standardization/No Company Culture

Subjective

Leadership is cloistered and seem aloof If you work at the main offices you might never feel comfortable — top down mgt with Mgrs who seem constantly concerned about their job security so always anxious and sometimes rude

Horrible management at Clinical Labs @ Hilo Medical Center

If you enjoy always being understaffed and under appreciated then this is the place for you! Management is one of the worst that I have ever dealt with. They simply do not manage anything and brush off any serious issues as if it’s a bother to them. It’s a real shame, had the management been better I definitely would have stayed. This specific location doesn’t care about their employees happiness and it shows. Turn over rate is high. They’re not open to any helpful suggestions, they’re stuck in their ways and nothing will change. Most of the employees there are miserable, so morale is very low.. employees call out quite often and supervisors do not find coverage often.. which results in everyone being stressed out and burnt out. Do yourself a favor a STEER CLEAR of this place.

Na

Outstanding. A great company to work for. Great benefits, good pay. Room for advancements. Great training for leadership positions and training for regular employees.

Great working environment!

Upper management really put in a lot of effort to ensure that I was comfortable and exceeding in my work environment. Everyone was friendly and the tasks at hand were always explained and showed thoroughly before I attempted to do them.

Fast-paced, patient-centered, quality-conscious

A typical evening at work is fast paced. We receive a lot of specimens and everyone works together to ensure all testing is completed in a timely manner. There is little supervision so Management expects all lab personnel to manage their time wisely and conduct themselves with utmost integrity and responsibility. The hardest part of the job for me is the schedule; switching between 3 different shifts, sometimes in the same week, is rough. The best part is helping people from behind the scenes. I have learned so much here and I am thankful for the opportunities this company has provided.

Great experience

Very busy lab always on your feet, really helped me become an independent worker and strengthen my time management skills. Critical thinking and problem solving was always a part of everyday work. Always searching and finding alternatives for tests with problems.

Pros

fast pace

Overall great job

I really enjoyed working there if you felt unsafe for any reason or physically hurt They would do everything in their power to fix it and also follow up with you I would work for them again

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

A lot of employee drama

great starting point

on a typical day you work your 8 hours, you get to learn about medical terms and types of specimens you handle. workplace is all around great. best part is you learn more areas of the island as you run routes in the company vehicle

Pros

overtime pay, company car

Cons

traffic

It was easy to go into work because of positive coworkers

Work environment and team work is very essential to me and working at clinical labs was that. Our receptionist team worked together very well. I learned a lot of different lab technology and i think it helped me gain knowledge to further a career in the laboratory area.

A great place to work.

Nice day at work . Always new things to learn. The management is great real helpful. The work place was always pleasant. The hardest part of the job was be move to another area. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people we worked with .

Good place of learning

Since this is my first job, I am trained by very outstanding staff. They cater all my questions and allow me to grow as professional. Now, I want to expand my knowledge be part of other team too.

Fun work Place and great intro to Lab work

Clinical labs of Hawaii was a great job for the first steps into the medical and lab field. The work place was fun and professional and the paid time off was extremely good.

Interesting work experience

Working with clinical labs provided me with a new skill set I never thought I would learn. They provided me with an interesting work experience being in a lab and working in a hospital setting. As time passes though, the work load became a drag. But overall, a great company where I learned so much and obtained interesting work experience that I'll never forget.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits