Clinical Pathology Laboratories Employee Reviews

Stay away from cpl
Distribution and Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 27, 2018
A typical day starts out with you doing a ten point check on a company vehicle,then you have to wait around for supplies to be pulled for you to deliver to cpl clients.After you have done that you get a whole 20 min lunch break,but you cant have food in your car and you cant eat in your car,so good luck with lunch.Also the whole time you are out during the day you are being monitored like a prisoner.All cpl management wants is a bunch of yes men working for them.Of course there are a few really great people at cpl,but for the most part the company as a hole just does not care about their employees.They only look at what looks good on paper but not the real day to day interactions of the couriers and the clients.They will let you go the first chance they get without warning to keep from paying you your paid time off.The best part of the job was getting to know and work with the cpl clients.I would not recommend this company for anything other than part time temp work.
Pros
company car
Cons
no breaks, 20 min lunch
Nice place to work
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 26, 2018
A typical day at work is friendly and nice to work.
The learning process is always there to extent.
The management needs a little work The hardest part of the job is the management they don't listing to your options or concerns .
The most hardest part of the job is to work with David the super visor he says "everybody is replaceable" makes you feel you have to fight for your job.
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 20, 2018
Repeating duties and getting familiar with systems. Very happy with staff and helpfulness. Staff is always willing to help and teach, hours are great.
Job Function
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2018
Very fast paced working environment. Working in the call center, patients called for assistance with the inquires regarding billing, test performed and insurance explanation of benefits.
Continuous growth
MEDICAL LAB PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GANovember 12, 2018
This company is striving to embrace the needs of the medical and could be very successful in the future. Needs improvement in management. Needs more man power.
Pros
Worldwide
Cons
Lack of professionalism
n/a
Specimen Processor/ Data entry (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 31, 2018
It needs to be more competitive with their wages. The staff was great to work with and enjoyed the teamwork attitude. I just felt that all the staff was under paid.
Pros
staff
Okay, no room for advancement unless you have certifications
Data Entry and Processing (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 31, 2018
Lots of drama. No room to move up unless you have certifications. Learned a lot though. Management won’t take you seriously unless you have an “in” with them. Very under staffed.
Pros
Evening hours
Cons
“10 minute” break for a 4-5+ shift.
Miss my co-workers
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 26, 2018
Too many good things to say about CPL!! Being On-call was occasionally challenging but worth it.. Picking up slack was a bummer but at the end of the day rewarding!! Knowing that someones diagnoses was in your hands by shipping out their specimens on time..
Pros
Good ppl!!
Cons
Patients attitudes ..understandable not feeling well about getting stuck
Productive work place and can learn phlebotomy good place to start as a beginner in phlebotomy.
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2018
I enjoyed work at this company and have learned a lot have advanced since I have been here would also recommend anyone that this is a good company to work for starting out in this phlebotomy field.
Pros
Cons
I hour lunchtime and good training
not worth it
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXOctober 17, 2018
the company is going down hill fast. It is run by people who only wish to have employees that do not stick up for themselves. okay benefits, but expensive on a bi weekly pay check. no OT allowed.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
12 hour days
Run away as fast as you can!
Admin (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2018
This place seriously sucks. Anyone can do better than here. I would only recommend working here if you like bad benefits, little to no PTO, incompetent management, lack of business focus on anything other than profit for shareholders and unethical behavior.
Pros
Free food with admin was done with it
Cons
Insurance, Pto, management, co-workers
Cpl
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 8, 2018
Horrible management
Pay ok
Unwilling to move you to a closer place by your home
No security in your job....expendable
NO OVERTIME
Loved my fellow employees
good with customers
Phlebotomist Float (Former Employee) –  laredo, texasOctober 5, 2018
great people to work with and clinic is very clean. great hours and helps employees learn receptionist and clinical duties. patients with physician referrals are mainly the customers the clinic sees.
Pros
great work hours
Professional co-workers, team work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
I loved my job. I like challenges. Everyone was very experienced and helpful. Whenever we would not get caught talking. I was busy and time went by so fast.
Pros
Team work and free lunches
Cons
No talking until you go to lunch.
Cpl
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
This company is horrible when it comes to communication, from your so called supervisor, you need to explain why you need to take a off day, and they still denied ya then stop allowing PTO if I can’t take it when I want to, management is a joke they pay different cities, different rules apply as well management get there days and vacations, employees have to sell there souls the Austin offices is the most terrible place that I have ever worked, and they will give you a little over time if it benefits them only, there is excuse for allowing you a off day, is they are short and don’t have coverage, well if they treated they employees better then others would stay, they want to control your life watch out y’all its to much watch the Mexicans they will throw you under the bus
Pros
You have a job
Cons
The health care is to much
Clinical Pathology Orlando Florida
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2018
This wonderful workplace has moved to Texas. I was layed off but still have fond memories of working there. I have no Cons to discuss. The company made the move that best suited their priority.
Pros
very good atmosphere
Cons
Management you just too much favoritism against certain employees San Marcos region
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 25, 2018
I enjoy working with patients and I enjoy my co-workers the management is horrible San Marcos region uses too much favoritism against their employees hey don't treat to fair you complain too management but that's as far as it goes and never gets to corporate office so nothing ever gets done and it's been like that for a long time that's why they have a big turnaround.
Pros
The work is great
Cons
The benefits are okay
courier
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
a typical day at work, get your dry ice, supplies to deliver to the route your on, pickup labs, from doctor offices. a lot of driving, stops are not close to each other. at the end of the day, you come in. put your labs away, do paper work. call it a day.
management, is me myself and I. he is about advancing his people
Pros
not enough pay, even if you are worth more, for your experiences
Cons
hard to get a break in
No consistency or fairness
Phlebotomist I (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2018
I love working with the public and working and help patients, but the turn over at CPL was on a weekly bases. Some employees could make a mega mistake and nothing was said, but other's could make a mistake and it was a write up, very difficult to feel part of the team. I don't believe any of us met the CEO.
Pros
none that I can think of other than the patients, loved working with the public.
Cons
turn overs, having to ask for a day off months a head of time, and they asked for documentation.
Very unorganized company to work for. No structure.
Phlebotomist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
They have no consideration for hard work and long hours put in. They will fire you with no advance notice because some one didn't like you. Not a good company to work for.