Clinical Pathology Laboratories Employee Reviews

Not paid well.
Phleb/lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2019
I heard that CPL started phlebs at $18.50/hr. That could not be further from the truth. It doesn't matter how long you have been a phleb they start you at a low rate. Cost of living is going up in Vegas, and honestly as a single parent I barely make ends meet.
Pros
Full-time job
Cons
Low pay rate/ supervisors dont answer phone calls.
Productive, fun, great work place
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2019
I'm currently at a one man site, which pretty much give me the head position there. I'm a phlebotomist of 11 yrs experience and I do great there. Good, nice fun company to work for
Ok place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 10, 2019
In my experience they favor certain people and not eager to teach everyone.
Did not always have supplies needed
They expect you to know things about the way they want certain things done, but never explain it before hand, only after you do it wrong.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Its a great company to get experince. But company doesnt care about our family, its all about them. Its been very hard to get any time off.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2019
Its a great company to get experience. Company doesnt care about our families, its all about them. Its been very hard to get any time off. We pay a lot on medical insurance and its very hard to get any time off. My vacation is spend in bed when I'm sick and my kids are too, and even if I have excuses for my self and my kids, Its still counted against us. Its an unexcused absent even if you have tons of excuses. They say that its only counted if you or your kids are admitted into the hospital. I just can't do this any more. I always have to put my job at CPL first then my kids. I haven't been able to go to any of my kids school conference since I started working here and its been more than one year. CPL doesn't pay right if your a Phlebotomist.
Good staring place to improve on phlebotomy skills, but company doesn't care about you. Poor management, place is a joke!
Medical Receptionist/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 2, 2019
This place is good to improve on phlebotomy skills, but that's just it, get the experience and move on. Management is poorly unorganized. Don't care about employees thats why they have such a high turnover rate!
Great opportunity for entry position.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2019
The company strives to provide great service to patients and clients; but some issues can arrive with support for current employees. The pay rate is better than other organizations; but this also includes multitasking several roles within one position.
BAD Management
Courier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2019
Worked there for Three plus years and it started out alright but got worse and worse and especially when your raise was due they would invent ways to write you up. That move certainly came from upper management. Benefits were horrible even if you were offered them.
Pros
Driving all day
Cons
Bad Management
Don’t work for them in Vegas
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2019
First and foremost they stole $6,000 of my wages.
I saw diabetics go without lunches.
I saw nursing mothers denied time to pump.
I saw them violate HIPPA in regards to an employee’s health condition.
We were always short on supplies, sometimes causing us to not be able to run the most basic of tests.
You can’t bring any issue up to management without it being your fault.
Repeated complaints to HR for hostile work environment. Things would improve for a month or so then go right back to being awful.
Pros
I was lucky to have some great coworkers
Cons
Everythin else
Over Worked and under paid
Phlebotomist I (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Coming in as an experienced STATE Certified Phleb you'd think CPL would offered more than entry level pay. Yet they pay the TEMPS non-certified $3.50 more than their employees. Cpl will have you travel to ANY location they want you, (town to town) and not pay milage. Overworked and underpaid is a prime example of why the turn over rate is so high. I would say under appreciated, but that would be giving this company a mile, there is no appreciation. Favoritism is through the roof, and they love to immediately make assumptions without hearing both sides of the story. They do not care for the harassment employees get from the other patients. I thought this would have been a great company to work for but clearly I was fooled.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
No breaks, over worked, no overtime, favoritism
sad place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2019
When the company does not take care of their employees, the employees will leave. It is as simple as that. Overworked and underpaid. I would say under appreciated, but that would be giving this company a mile, there is no appreciation. Favoritism is through the roof, and they love to immediately make assumptions without hearing both sides of the story. They do not care for the harassment employees get from the patients, to this company they literally say "take the harassment, the patients are your lifeline to a paycheck". Too much gossip and conceded, rookies and even transferred "know-it-alls". Working with someone new, each day makes zero foundation for an actual work enviroment. Usually making only one person to run an entire clinic, is exactly why they are in such an astonishing high-turn over rate, while the team leads and supervisors are always on vacations. Maybe if they had got their act together and learn how to manage a business, and realize the good, hard-working employees are actual people and should be treated as such, they would not be in dire need of hiring people off the street now.
Pros
nothing
Cons
insulting pay, insulting work/life balance, conceded employees, high turn over rate
awesome
Phlebotomist, Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2019
I loved working there. They are a great company with great people. They have some amazing people working for the company that are very educated in the knowledge of laboratory testing for physicians and patient wellness.
Cpl
Phlebotomist Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2019
There is a serious lack of communication within this company. I love my job. I have been Lab Assistant for years, but I have never worked for a company like this. The management is poor and every office does something different. There is no common ground, this makes training other difficult and frustrating. Communications about changes are not brought to the fore front in a timely manner.
Pros
You are placed in a doctor's office, so you learn the doctors and get attached to the patients.
Cons
Communication is poor and they will/can move to another site at any time
Terrible place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2019
Benefits are nice except the overly expensive medical insurance, raises are ridiculous 20-25 cents yearly, evals are a few months late. No OT allowed. If you work OT one day they will make you leave early another day. They don’t like to listen and solve problems at your location. Too much drama and favoritism here. You get counseled for every little mistake. Flexible location placement. They care more about saving money on as little supplies that they can order than actual patient care. You basically have no voice here because your “superiors” are all about having the power more than anything. They overwork you for the pay. Lab week and activities within the company is a little nice if you like that type of stuff. No advancement.
Pros
Flexible location placement
Cons
Everything else
Terrible
Lab Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2019
I was hired knowing I would be let go a few months later. They had one staff member in training for another location while the rest of staff was let go since the site was closed.
Management is extremely supportive in advancing. Competitive pay with licensure. Very flexible.
Histology Technician, IHC/SS (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71109January 2, 2019
A very busy 24 hour laboratory. Management is supportive in all aspects. A very challenging position yet supportive in teaching in all area(s) of the lab.
Pros
Management and flexibility. Concerned w/family situations
Cons
Very busy and long hours; but fair
Not the BEST place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2018
Poor leadership, uncaring nature. I would not recommend working as a phlebotomist for this company. It is very difficult to use your PTO as you see fit.
always doing fun for holidays and lab week
Phlebotomist Technican (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2018
its fast pace you meet different people you work on different project i enjoyed working there and im reapplying for a prn position.Great place to work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
have to stay over some times
great company
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 12, 2018
I love all the staff here and they're really great and always have good attitudes when working here, I left the company though because I am going to school to be a nurse and I couldn't do that working in a lab.
another fun job!
Phlebotomy II Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2018
typical day = office work, routine stuff
learned = labor laws, Human resource laws and information
management = they give it their all
culture = diver
Pros
free popcorn and fun work
Cons
the smell of the microbiology department
Horrible
Specimen Processor/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2018
Never work here. The manager is a complete hypocrite and does not practice what she preaches. Will give certain employees leverage because she would rather them not throw a tantrum even if it is not fair to other employees. They only do what is best for themselves rather than trying to actually grow the company or better their system.