Clinical Pathology Laboratories Culture reviews

Great Place To Work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2019
Unfortunately for us CPL has been relocated to Texas. A great place to work and staff were like family. All Instruments were in good condition and they provided all tools necessary for my daily task
Pros
A great place to work and staff were like family
Cons
Relocated to Texas
Fun place to work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2019
very productive place to work. Lots of support from management. Opportunities for growth. Overall great place to work. No complaints from me. Always something new to learn.
Just awful
Microbiology Laboratory Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 25, 2019
I left CPL to work with a company doing the exact same thing in the same area. By comparison CPL gets a poor rating. Management is the worst and doesn't facilitate a positive culture, everyone is overworked and bitter. Management doesnt foster a team oriented environment or keep things fair so team members dislike each other and dont look out for one a other. It all trickles down and you have to deal with childish co workers who act like the are still in high school while working 12 hour days. I know your probably thinking that I'm probably a bitter former employee that didnt work hard but trust me I am a really hard worker. Run!
Pros
Cons
Overworked, pay, benefits, time off.
Terrible
Lab Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2019
I was hired knowing I would be let go a few months later. They had one staff member in training for another location while the rest of staff was let go since the site was closed.
Management is extremely supportive in advancing. Competitive pay with licensure. Very flexible.
Histology Technician, IHC/SS (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71109January 2, 2019
A very busy 24 hour laboratory. Management is supportive in all aspects. A very challenging position yet supportive in teaching in all area(s) of the lab.
Pros
Management and flexibility. Concerned w/family situations
Cons
Very busy and long hours; but fair
another fun job!
Phlebotomy II Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2018
typical day = office work, routine stuff
learned = labor laws, Human resource laws and information
management = they give it their all
culture = diver
Pros
free popcorn and fun work
Cons
the smell of the microbiology department
Nice place to work
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 26, 2018
A typical day at work is friendly and nice to work.
The learning process is always there to extent.
The management needs a little work The hardest part of the job is the management they don't listing to your options or concerns .
The most hardest part of the job is to work with David the super visor he says "everybody is replaceable" makes you feel you have to fight for your job.
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 20, 2018
Repeating duties and getting familiar with systems. Very happy with staff and helpfulness. Staff is always willing to help and teach, hours are great.
n/a
Specimen Processor/ Data entry (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 31, 2018
It needs to be more competitive with their wages. The staff was great to work with and enjoyed the teamwork attitude. I just felt that all the staff was under paid.
Pros
staff
Professional co-workers, team work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2018
I loved my job. I like challenges. Everyone was very experienced and helpful. Whenever we would not get caught talking. I was busy and time went by so fast.
Pros
Team work and free lunches
Cons
No talking until you go to lunch.
Summary of job description
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 1, 2018
I learn how to. work with culture diversity. Other lab technicians took the time showing team work providing hands on teaching for the company specimen processing department. A normal day consist of entering pt. laboratory information into the LIS and preforming venipuncture on adults and children. Placing proper specimen into the correct departures or testing. Monitor pneumatic tube system, assuring supplies remained stocked within the laboratory. Cooperated with staff and departments within the hospital.
Medical Client Biller/Cash Posting/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2018
Very busy daily with clients, numbers and invoices for lab testing. Management and staff were all great to work with. Learned allot. Was given opportunities for advancements.
Pros
team players
Cons
nothing negative
fun working infierment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
fun working, great co-workers, hours are manageable, understanding boss, patient flow well maintained, teaching student are fun and smart, they picked up work flow well,
Pros
coworkers
Cons
packed saturday locations
Disorganized and Depressing
Billing Specialist / Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2018
It had been a great job until CPL was bought by Sonic HealthCare International. It steadily began to change and people became dissatisfied with the climate and constant back stabbing. The constant changes and favoritism was sad to watch and the micromanagement was hard to deal with as a mature adult. The company never listened to any reasonable input from staff that could have saved the company revenue and perhaps made it a happier work environment.
Pros
Decent Benefits for healthcare
Cons
Culture and micromanagement
Excellent Team Spirit
Cytology Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2018
I found CPLSE to be an excellent place to work. Everyone worked as a team. As Cytology Manager I found that their was a team spirit. I was able to recruit competent Cytotechnologists.
good place to work
Molecular Biologist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2018
busy environment, competitive, don't always get a lunch and break, management is nice to work with, hardest part of job is not being able to leave at the end of your shift, there is always more work coming in.
Pros
monthly meeting with lunch, christmas dinner. the happiest time is lab week alway fun.
Cons
too much work, no time for lunch and break
good place to work, not to much opportunity to grow
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 26, 2017
Sometimes very stressful. No directions whatsoever from the CEO person.
Workplace culture was nice. Job work/life balance was fear. Miscommunication was a big issue within CPLSE.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sometimes stressful
Don't work here
Accounts Receivable - Medicaid Follow Up (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2017
Detestable place to work with management that has no idea what they are doing. I would never work here again or recommend it to anyone seeking employment.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
everything
solid/good job, steady work
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2017
steady and busy, but the staff was friendly and helpful. My managers helpful and proactive. My co-workers were great friends and helpful all the time.
Pros
friendly enviroment, even when busy
Cons
some corporate politics would spill down hill
Excellent Company
Phlebotomist/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2017
The company took care of each employee in understanding family matters. The coworkers had great communication with every department. The workplace culture was very diverse that gave it a positive outcome.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
not enough facilities