Clinical Reference Laboratory Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Assestion Clerk
Accessioning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 3, 2018
After I left the company the job has changed but, I processed bio samples and filled out paperwork need.
Management use scare tactics to make employees work faster.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Manditory over time upto 12hrs a day
Great work environment and culture
Interview Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed my work experience at CRL. Management is exceptional. They respect their employees and recognize hard-working/high-performing employees. They offer incentives to their employees so that they are motivated to go above and beyond.
Pros
Ice cream truck on Fridays during summer, exceptional management, great culture/environment, work incentives, recognition
Cons
pay wasn't sufficient enough
Sample Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 11, 2018
They didn't really care about the employees just wanted to make friends and talk about the people that they did not like and start stuff. which is very inappropriate!!
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Short breaks
Busy fast paced environment
Toxicology Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSApril 4, 2018
Fast paced environment. I had a great group of coworkers that worked very well together. Management was good although suggestions and communication with employees could improve.
Pros
Good coworkers & benefits
Cons
Low pay, not much in the way of job advancement
Great Place
Certifying Scientist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 9, 2018
This is a great place for employment and beginning your career. Starting out of college and quickly advancing was a beneficial experience. However, small companies have less room for upper management advancement.
Good Company
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 26, 2018
It was a good company for a good job. Not too many advancement opportunities. Lack of up to date technology. Supportive managers, not a high turn over.
Great Company, lacking Effective management in some Departments
Ils Setup Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 15, 2018
If you liked high school, you'd love working in the insurance department. People will be nice to you to your face, and the moment you're not around will talk badly about you. It's a drama filled environment and with how stressful the job already can be, it makes the work alot worse when you're waiting for the moment someone decides to stab you in the back. Would never work in this department again.
Pros
Company has great holiday events, sometimes compensates for the long hours with a free lunch
Cons
Drama filled, short breaks, no discipline for not following rules or procedures
Family oriented culture in privately held company.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 12, 2018
Family oriented culture in privately held company. Employees are hard working and most management is supportive and appreciative. The lab is acquiring larger clients which will present more opportunity for growth.
Pros
work environment, coworkers, free events
Cons
pay for hourly employees, computer system
Accessory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 24, 2018
I loved working in the insurance department as an accessory clerk. The people are awesome and the work is fun to do once you get the hang of it. I truly miss working there. If I ever move back to Kansas I know where to go.
Intern
Medical Laboratory Intern (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 24, 2018
I was a student when I was working here. I got to learn how a reference laboratory works. Everybody knows each other there and is willing to talk to you.
Good company to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 30, 2017
Good company to work for, but not good for a PRN employee. Don’t get enough hours. Love the management, but need to be more organized with supply ordering.
productive place to work
Assist manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 23, 2017
great work place with great people I work as a telephone interviewer it's the same thing every day small call center, work is repetitive management will attempt to work you into the ground while sticking you on the 2:15-11 shift with no chance for advancement or moving to another shift. The pay is the only thing worth staying for.
NOT Friendly
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 15, 2017
The people are just not willing to wK together to get the wK done. Its a crazy zoo, but the wK is very easy (order filler).>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pros
Sometime the company by you lunch
Cons
People been in sample dept for 21 years
Good company
Support Service Clerk, TLS (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 15, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. Typical day was repetitive, but no mind numbing. For the most part, co-workers were welcoming and nice. There were opportunities for advancement.
not fun
Document Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 8, 2017
people got a way with a lot of stuff. The days were very very long and overtime almost every single day. and having to raise your hand to use the restroom was a joke
Not worth the stress
Document Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 23, 2017
I worked there for over a year and it was horrible. I often worked 10 hour days. We had to combine our two fifteen minute paid breaks into lunchtime and never received extra break even when we worked multiple hours of overtime. This company gives bonuses on how long you've been at the company not the quality of work you do. Also everyone got the same raises regardless of the quality of work they do. The only good thing about this job was I loved my co-workers. Another bad thing was only one person in the department could take PTO at a time, and the company doesn't give many holiday days. We had to work the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. They expect certain people in the department to do more work than others for the same pay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay, bonuses, management
It was a nice place to work and it was manageable
Associate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66215April 21, 2017
I would work Monday through Friday and I liked it. I liked their Management and everybody I worked with there was nice.
The easiest part of the job was pouring the sample.
Decent work environment
Accessoning Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 3, 2017
Worked here for 19 years as a specimen processor and regret staying for so long. Management needs some serious work as they are rude and favorite employees that are caucasian.
Benefits
Cons
disrespectful management
People are great, but long hours
Toxicology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 25, 2017
I loved my co-workers, very friendly people. Management is nice as well but needs some work on organization and skills. The company overall seemed great. Free lunches from time to time and free ice cream on fridays during the summer. They offer a lot of cool information to employees if you look around and read the boards. The biggest con is the Toxicology department can have long hours. 90% of the time it was 10-12hr days. They give you two 20minute breaks and no lunch breaks. Other areas of the company get two 20min breaks plus an hour lunch break. I dont recommend that department if you have a family or are still in school.
Pros
Free lunches, nice people
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Eh.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 25, 2017
It's tedious and unfulfilling, and you will probably reach a dead end in your department. But you can wear jeans and listen to your headphones if you're not upper managment, so...cool I guess? I don't know. It's fine, but don't go looking for deep fulfillment there.
Pros
holiday meals, casual dress
Cons
boring, silence from managment