Clinical Science Laboratory

Clinical Science Laboratory Employee Reviews

I feel comfortable and energetic while working at this company,The associates working with me mostly were cooperative and trustworthy. The supervisor was very helpful and good attic.
collect human specimens for drug testing. ensure paper work matches specimen, prepare for testing, collect and log results, collect and retest positive samples
Pros
good pay great, work environment, great managment and the owner is very kind
Cons
no free lunch lol
CLS is a good company, run by the original owners. I enjoyed the ability to learn new techniques and the various methods. I enjoyed the Toxicology Department and doing Immuno Assays.
to bring instrument ,start up and calibration and quality control learned a lot in lab. Most of my time I have to slove the problem by myself,made a lot of improvement.
Pros
self confidence
Cons
too stressful sometimes
The place is not very clean, and it has had its issues with hiring very under-qualified people and not paying them much to keep their costs down. There are better labs than this one to work for or hire.
Pros
Entry Level
Cons
There will never be anything more than entry level pay there.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Less than 10% of the staff is certified. The bare minimum of laboratory practices are followed. Equipment is old and outdated. The lab is not clean. The work environment is uncomfortable. Complex jobs are given to under qualified and under educated workers to save on labor costs. Not one worker is valued or treated as such.
Pros
Complete lack of oversight
Cons
Extreme unprofessionalism
In this position I was the solo tech in a satellite drawing station, located in Lancaster, California. My parent company was in the San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles County) and I was responsible for both the drawing/processing of specimens, and customer service duties for the various clinics and private practices we contracted with. In addition, I was able to secure the contracts for two local health fairs, to provide Chemistry panels, CBC's and UA's for the participants. I received a nice bonus for taking this initiative. I resigned this position when I made the decision to move to Oregon for familial reasons. This was, however, a very nice job, and I enjoyed it greatly. Management gave a lot of positive feedback, and I felt like a valued member of the team.
Pros
Great Management, timely response to requests for materials and assistance.
Cons
Benefits were somewhat lacking.
You start off receiving samples and organizing them, and from there you are put in all parts of the lab for a little while to get a feel for it. After that's all over, you can choose which sections or sections you like and help out there. It's pretty interesting and provides top notch experience.
Pros
work in all sections of the lab
Cons
the odor of urine
by being a phlebotomist i was driving to SNF to draw blood and the deliver it to the laboratory
Cons
very early hours