Clinique Cosmetics

Clinique Cosmetics Reviews with Jobs

Clinique Cosmetics insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great managment. good leadeship

Working life for me. included... fun, healthy competition, good leadership, set goals. Respect of co-workers. The hardest part of the job is always when stock is limited and a customer may be disappointed. The most enjoyable part of the job is building a client base, getting to know what a customer needs..

Pros

Daily meetings, good training.

Stressful work place

Good pay an benefits. Currently have a union which is great as well. Some days can be long and stressful. Calls are sometimes back to back and targets can be unreasonable.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stressful workplace

Good is the health benefits! Pension plan n 401K

Good pay ! Many customers ! Best product! Good management! Best trainings on make up, skin care and making sales! Generous , get many gratis fr the company!

Pros

A lot of gratis! And Trainings

Cons

None major that I remember!

The very best.

I will always remember working for Clinique cosmetics fondly. They are a top notch company, and I would work for them again if I were physically able to.

Working for a well-respected brand is the best part of the job

Many people, like myself, have used Clinique products throughout their life. They know and trust the Clinique brand, so it's not difficult to sell this product in either skincare or make-up. I enjoyed representing such a well-respected brand, and felt I could truly help people get good results.

Pros

Free products

Cons

long holiday hours

Leave a review. Help people like you.

individual interest in me and the perks of working for the company.

I enjoyed my workdays. I filled them with restocking, cleaning, makeovers and packaging. I focused on my counter and my clients and before I knew it the day would be over. Great company

Pros

continuous training away from the job site and wonderful perks regularly.

Cons

work holidays and weekends.

Clinique sales consultant

The job was intense and the pay was not great. My coworkers were not nice and all just talked behind each other’s back. I hated going into work everyday

Pros

Free makeup

Cons

Short breaks, hard to get commission

Love this brand

I really love working for Clinique brand.. It's the best company to work for but you knw the some people just ruin the best of the company like our AEs

Pros

Taught alot and go on trainings

Cons

Not reaching targer yooh its stressful

My job was dissolved

The ELC holds Clinqiue, and it's a good company. They pay fair, not great, and theres a point where growth is hard to achieve. Both roles inside the ELC company I held were dissolved. They were such awesome jobs. It's a shame.

Opportunity

This company was a great learning experience for me. It taught me a ton of life experience I needed at a young age. I enjoyed the freedom of creativity I had to express myself through makeup. However, the employee environment was not as supportive or positive as I would have liked.

Fun and rewarding

I worked for Clinique as a promotional consultant started back in 1993 . That is when the consultant were paid well and the hours and fixable was great !! Clinique has changed since then and the promotional consultant program is no where never as good as it was . I also worked behind a counter at Macy’s and the pay was not good .

Pros

Fun, growth, great brand

Cons

Pay and hours

Very negative

Terrible toxic management for such a wonderful company So sad that upper management is unaware Clinique was always a fabulous fun company not anymore

Pros

Customer service was the most fun

Cons

Management was hostile and toxic

Excellent place to work

Best company I have ever worked for. The only reason I left was because of personal reasons. Best managers, educators, loved the products and love Clinique as a whole.

Terrible

Thinking this was a dream job to work at a counter, turned out to be a nightmare. Hard work is not recognized, absolute negative environment (your best or what you find to be a good job is never enough), and the management of the Macy’s is way below average. The women of the cosmetics department THRIVE off cattiness and making people feel below them. Oh and let’s not forget their favoritism and the was they talk to you is disgustingly degrading.

Challenging but supported by management and co workers

The downsize is working the Clinique counter inside an Ulta store. Even though my Clinique manager was good the management at Ulta is the worst. I enjoyed sales and working with my clients on a daily basis.

Set up to fail

No support or Communication from Store Manager. No direct contact with Clinique Heads or Cosmetic restock personnel. Set up to fail! Manager picks favorite and bullies other to the point of hostility and dismissal of your ideas or concerns to improve your counter

Pros

Customers

Cons

Store Manager & Never knowing who to ask for help to succeed

Feel of makeup and skincare you would love this job

A lot about sales and customer service. I love that there was extra classes to learn about product knowledge. Competitiveness is what I strive for. Would recommend if someone is passionate about makeup

Awesome company. Would recommend

Awesome. Very rewarding company to work for. Lots of free products. Management is great. Would recommend working for this company. You get to work at various locations. You get to meet new people all the time. The training they offer is great.

very fun and fast paced

usually a typical day will include re stocking merchandise, selling makeup, doing demonstrations on how the product is used and we also will do makeup tutorials. We make sure we met our daily goals.

Pros

Free Makeup

Cons

Not enough pay

Age discrimination

Always loved working for Clinique until a new young male Field Executive was hired. From the first few months he always commented to the younger girls this is our future- you need to learn to be on time and come to work etc. I never really thought much about until recently I was not given a interview for a Counter Managers job nor the link for talent plus. This AE hired a young lady who is late a lot, filthy lab coat and no work ethics! Basically, I was told when she came to work at our store from the competitor she was promised the job.

Pros

Great products

Cons

Work 6 hrs no break

Fun especially if you love makeup and changing the way women look at themselves

It was a great experience working for Clinique. I loved the competitive nature of meeting goals. They give quarterly training seminars which kept us up on new trends!

Pros

Free makeup, recognition

Cons

Long hours and cattiness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clinique Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Clinique Cosmetics with