Clinton Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Director of Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  wilmington, ohioMarch 11, 2019
highly recommend this company. Patient centered and healthy place to work. Small town feel and I felt supported by executive team as well. A tad slow paced.
Poor management and getting worse
Senior Technology (Former Employee) –  Chemistry LabFebruary 7, 2019
I left a 25 year career due to upper managements participation in eliminating good people to replace with personal friends. Poor management in place now and departments left understaffed. Unable to retain employees, no 401 match, no support for employees, can't trust HR at all. Students used to love to train here, now the leadership is so poor that the students cant wait to leave.
Pros
Grest surgeons
Cons
Poor management, hostile environment
Would recommend
Social Worker /Discharge Planner (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Would recommend for employment . No current issues or complaints about this employer. Have been there for 8 months and previous employer for 17 years.
Pros
Flexible work hours
on site biomedical equipment manager
Site manager- Aramark healthcare (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHDecember 10, 2018
I was employee of Aramark healthcare an contracted to work at Clinton Memorial as the biomedical manager. This was a small hospital so I worked by myself doing the preventive an corrective maintenance of all the medical equipment along with supervising third party repairs on high demand equipment.
The work place was enjoyable until a major employer in the city left which hurt the economy an hospital financially. The hospital was bought by another company an changed the hospital drastically.
The hardest part of the the job was the balance between doing medical equipment work an doing Aramark management.
The enjoyable part was working with the different managers of the hospital an learning from them so I could be a better manager.
Pros
close knit group of people were good to work with
Cons
limited amount of equipment to work on became boring
Structured Environment
Physician Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OH 45177October 15, 2018
As with any hospital you will have a very structured environment. Lots of resources to utilize working here. Was a good place to work if you enjoy working a lot.
Pros
Great Physicians
average
Senior Blood Bank Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 28, 2018
Typically I cover multiple departments which sometimes does not allow me to do my senior duties in Blood Bank which is the hardest part of the job. What I like is the variety to be a generalist. The culture is not ideal as there are so many technologist who feel getting advancements mean putting others down.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Culture set in it's way
I worked there for 8 months
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHSeptember 28, 2018
We had 3 floor managers in the time I worked there. It's actually very hectic and it always seems they are nit picking the techs, something we arent doing right, something we need to do faster, we need to start doing more, and often adding new duties to our list. Shifts are 12 hours long. Management is very poor. You get wrote up for things and dont even know until its too late. Which is very sad to me. Needless to say their staff is a dime a dozen and they show it.
Pros
12 hour shifts, 3 12's a week.
Cons
Short monitered breaks. Poor managment.
Great helping others
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 12, 2018
There is nothing better than saving someone’s life and the nurses and techs work there butt off for every persons family members, even though sometimes they don’t want to believe we are. Bringing someone back from death is the best ever.
job description
Heathcare worker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 23, 2018
I work as a doctor and do procedures and surgeries at the hospital. Scheduling is quite easy but there is great turnover in the physician staff, the most I have seen in many years in practice.
Pros
people in Wilmington are very friendly and kind
Cons
management is misguided and not well informed
Private Company
RN Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 9, 2018
This hospital is owned by a private company. The lack of upper management's care of patient's and their families is very evident. Call here is horrible. If you are on call, be ready to work every time. Very high staff turnover.
Pros
Cons
High turnover, to many call hours, management
Nice place for cna work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MAMarch 8, 2018
I was only here for a short period of time my internship but I will say I enjoyed the friendly Staff and the overall working environment of this hospital.
Quick Paced and met lots of Wonderful people
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJanuary 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. All my co-workers were great and management worked with you. The only reason I quit was because my husband was a full time fire fighter and I had to be home with the kids. So I had to find something with a schedule Monday-Friday first shift for my family. Really miss it and will probably go back at some point.
Pros
Co-workers and Management
Cons
Schedule
Loved working there
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHNovember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with the hospital very nice management team and everyone worked together as a team if I wouldn't of moved I would of stayed with the company
Pros
Team work
Cons
sometimes pulled doubles
Enjoyable local nursing job
LPN. Clinical coordinator of an OB (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, MIOctober 29, 2017
I worked in multiple specialty clinics and enjoyed being a part of a great healthcare system in my home town. Sparrow Clinton was always easy to work with when family needs had to be tended to.
staff is very friendly
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 19, 2017
The staff is ver friendly, but employees have to float to other offices to fill in when others are out of the office on vacation or out due to being sick.
great learning experience
Registered Nurse Pre-op/PACU (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 15, 2017
This hospital puts time into training their employees. I came in with no experience as a PACU nurse and walked out very confident. The staff is great to work with.
I enjoy working there
Unit Coordinator (Unit Clerk) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJune 30, 2017
Clunton Memorial Hospital has given me the opportunity to help others and offers the employees room for growth and advancement. I highly recommend working for Clinton Memorial Hospital to any and all health care job seekers.
UC FAMILY RESIDENCY PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ohioJune 14, 2017
Managed the employed physician practices on a daily basis. Responsible for staffing, budgets, budget adherence, productivity of the physicians, patient satisfaction.
working with good people
contract coder (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMay 9, 2017
working with helping with the back log of accounts
working with the other departments with solving problems with account issue and correction of errors on charts
Pros
meeting a lot of nice people
Cons
working at night
only option in the area
PCA (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMay 8, 2017
unfortunately this is the only hospital choice in this area. it has a bad reputation, they are very limited in the care they can provide there and have to send patients to the city for more adequate care