Clipper Petroleum Employee Reviews

Yearly festivals
Associate (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAJuly 13, 2019
Very relaxing work environment, Able to complete assigned task, friendly customers. Managements work with your schedule. Hardest part of the job is trash and cleaning bathrooms.
July 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your work for the most part.

Good place if you have no life
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2019
Worked for both gas and subway side. Enjoyed both but quickly learned why i wouldn't want to be a manager here cause my manager was a good manager but the person over her leave you out to dry and blame manager for lazy workers quiting. Being a manager may be good but after watching what she went through ill pass. They expect you to work open to close with no time to yourself as if you a robot. Only thing appreciated is you on clock weather and most time you by yourself when the manager not slaving
Pros
Decent benifits, free meals
Cons
No support outside of management in store, low pay for work load you have to carry.
July 15, 2019

Thanks for your feedback and for helping out at the c-store and Subway side. I hate to hear about your experiences, but we are actively working to make better work environments for ALL levels of employee. If you'd like to give more detail about your experience, please contact the support center!

Fun great management co workers suck lazy
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, GAApril 16, 2019
Good luck three lazy people I work with but other than that great company love it other than. That but hey it was a decent job and I love it and the owner is a great man
Pros
Free drinks and coffee
Cons
Short breaks and lazy co workers
April 17, 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are definitely working on having a more "team" environment. Feel free to give us a call here at the support center so that we can learn more about your coworkers and try to help them along!

Guest Service Job with flexible hours and work environment
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAApril 14, 2019
The atmosphere at the store that I worked at was comfortable and everyone, from the manager to the other employees care about the customers that enter the store and the other employees on shift.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Shorthanded at times
April 17, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We hope you decide to come work for us again!

Flexible
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 6, 2019
This part time job worked well with my other job. My manager was accommodating with the flexibility of my schedule. I was able to recieve serveral bonuses and opportunities to get additional bonuses.
February 11, 2019

We are so happy to hear about your experience! We look forward to having you as a long term member of our team!

Boring. Slow paced and staffing issues.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousDecember 15, 2018
They show lack of concern. Staffing is a huge issue and they do nothing about it. Will make you work continuously with no incentives raises or bonuses unless you meet certain requirements. Very sneaky company.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Shows favoritism throughout company.
December 17, 2018

Thank you for your comment. I hate to hear these concerns. We care a LOT about our team members. They are truly the cornerstones of what we do here at Clipper. Please feel free to call us at the Support Center so that we can learn more about your concern and address any potential miscommunications or misconceptions.

A decent job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lula, GAOctober 29, 2018
Circle M was a decent job, but did not pay enough for cost of living. The job was easy and everyone in upper management (For the most part) was great. The only problem I encountered right before I left was being harassed by a regular customer who hung out at the store several times, daily. After reporting this to the store manager and district manager, nothing was ever done about it so I ended up finding other employment.
December 17, 2018

Thank you for your service to the company! We have an open door culture, so always remember, there are multiple parties for you to reach out to address your concern. Once we know about it, we will investigate it and address our findings.

Productive and hostile working environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at clipper but at times I didn’t because it was a hostile working environment . From former co workers quit because they said it was hostile . I didn’t really care for my manager. I enjoyed my assistant manager she always was professional. I enjoyed some of my coworkers . Some I didn’t for the most part they were all productive. I will never go back to work theee again though.
Pros
Allowed breaks, healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, no discounts
October 15, 2018

I hate to hear about this experience. We would love to hear more details so that we can look into your claims more effectively. Feel free to call Operations or HR at the Support Center. Best of success in your future endeavors!

Slow moving working environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 27, 2018
It’s was an okay job love meeting the different people, it was an easy job felt like it could’ve been more duties to do the manger had an horrible attitude loved negative energy.
Pros
Listen to radio while working
Cons
Lunch breaks
July 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback and for your time with us! Feel free to let us know more about the management concerns so that we can investigate further.

Give me my first chance at managment
Assistant Manager/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Clayton, GAMay 26, 2018
A typical day at work for me last ten to twelve hours. Busy from start to finish. Paperwork, deposits and invoices. Vendor check ins and stocking. Making employees schedules and assigning task. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unsatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn something new. I was always eager to learn, and they didn't mind teaching me anything I wanted to know.
Pros
learning
Cons
Unhappy customers and employee turn over
July 2, 2018

We are thankful for your time with us, and we are happy that you walked away learning and growing from the experience. Feel free to let us know if there's something we can do to improve the turnover!

Fun culture
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAMarch 26, 2018
Good employee engagement. Caring atmosphere. Constant state of transition. Face paced environment. understaffed. Could have better resources. Great Commute
July 2, 2018

Thanks so much for your feedback! Feel free to let us know what we can do better.

work life balance
Associate (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAMarch 5, 2018
constant state of transition. time of growth but also a time of instability. things are changing rapidly and not enough staff to adequately serve the needs.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! You are right, we are growing and working through those growing pains at times. Feel free to let us know how we can make things better.

it was a good job and the employees where friendly
Store Clerk - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAJuly 22, 2017
I liked this job I just needed better pay as my daily was extending. I was promoted from cashier to morning cook. I loved the other employees I worked with like family. I still associate with them to this day. I could be rehired at this job.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us!

Customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 28, 2017
It is your typical convenience store. The best part about the job was the people that you got to meet and see everyday. Clipper is not that bad of a job.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the time you spent with us.

Pretty decent stop gap job but nothing you should try to stay at
Customer Service Representative/baker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Small company , pays pretty decent depending on which location you're applying / working at. Gives you great insight to the company and how it was started whenever you go to the training course at the corporate office in flowery branch.
Pros
If you request days off you're likely to get them
Cons
2 ten minutes breaks, raises aren't given as much as they're portrayed
July 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We are happy you enjoyed the training at the Support Center.

Pays well, but it was very tiring
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 12, 2016
If I can be honest, this position was not necessarily one that I thought I would find myself in when I first began working for the company. Starting as a cashier, I took every chance I could to just make a few more dollars each month. After a few months I became our "safety captain", then shortly after that I was promoted to assistant manager, then I became a store manager a few months after that. There was not much flexibility with the work days due to frequently being short on staff members. I never once took a vacation in my 4 years with the company. I ended up having to leave for my own good because it was burning me out.
July 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback and for your time with Clipper. I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. Everyone needs time off to recuperate! Being a manager is tough, but we are working to make positive change.

Decent job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 9, 2015
This job really isn't terrible. I dont think that the employees get paid nearly enough for all the work they have to put in. It's very repetitive, and the management give much more criticisms than compliments. The job itself is not hard, but dealing with some customers seems to be. My coworkers at my particular store are lazy and will do anything to avoid actual work. The management can be told of bad behavior, but they disregard it and do nothing to help boost their team.
Pros
Steady job, Reliable job.
Cons
Poor management, not closed on major holidays.
July 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Since you've been with us, we have certainly been working to improve the leadership level of our team! Teamwork makes the dream work!

Clipper Petroleum is a somewhat disorganized petroleum company that has expanded to food service.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GASeptember 12, 2015
Clipper Petroleum offers little room for advancement in the food service division and is strictly a numbers oriented focused company.
July 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We have certainly been working to improve our total operation!

Fun workplace
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 15, 2014
In the morning we have a huge rush we have to move at a fast pace to prevent lines and impatient customers. It helpswith my motor skills and fast pace skills
Pros
My Favorite Customers
Cons
No Breaks
July 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! You are right... the fast paced environment of those morning rushes can be tough, but I'm glad you were able to grow as a result of it!

The customers were great
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GANovember 11, 2013
I loved my job at the shell station which is owned by clipper petroleum.The only problem i had was with the District Manager.We would have to count Cig.. every night and if u came up short on your shift then they thought you were stealing from them...
Pros
You were basically your own boss.
Cons
when things got messed up everyone got into trouble.
July 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Much has changed since you wrote this review, and we are working hard to make improvements!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clipper Petroleum. Our community is ready to answer.