CliqStudios.com Employee Reviews

Payroll position geared toward early career experience.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 9, 2018
Hi ... as the incumbent to the open payroll position let me just offer some insight as I want the company to get the right fit. If you are early in your career over five years and want room to grow your accounting skills this role would be perfect. Our CFO is very friendly and treats you like the professional you are. Our president is extremely nice and very good at what she does. The finance team is broad based in their skill sets and experiences and easy to work with. The ADP functions are straight forward and the processes are fine tuned but expandable to your skills. I'd have to disagree with the listing as payroll will not take you 70% of your time. I would say 50% is more like it. The interaction with HR is top notch as there are good people there. The turnover however is high as the company is growing at a healthy clip year over year. I have nothing bad to say about anyone here I simply couldn't stay busy enough and wish everyone the best. This position may not be a good fit for a decade plus seasoned payroll pro.
Pros
Relaxed setting. Open door policy.
Cons
N/a
Toxic Environment + Sadly Comical Leadership
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 20, 2018
Where do I start? I can't say anything good about this company and the bad things are nearly endless. The compensation structure is a joke. The "warm" or "inside" leads are 90% junk. The senior management is constantly changing and everyone seems to be realigned under a new person every 6 months. They always keep asking for more, more, more, but never give you more to work with. Our computers are outdated and slow. There is no way this place will still be around in another year. Run away!!
Pros
Nice and friendly coworkers. Good attitudes!
Cons
Management, Compensation, Everything Else
Official response from CliqStudios.com
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review CliqStudios. We have over 100 designers on the team, lots of whom found at CliqStudios what they weren’t able to find elsewhere: some flexibility with their work schedule, the ability to focus on their designs and to manage projects independently. All that while benefiting from a team of skilled designers they could rely upon and learn from. That being said, our work environment isn’t for everyone. If you’re looking for a routine job with little to no changes, this might not be the place for you. We’re still in our early phases and we frequently need to adapt to our growth while preparing for the future. As a part of this exercise, we frequently fine tune our marketing engine to find new customer leads while improving their overall quality. The quality of the leads we receive can at times be lower than usual, but you might have been in the wrong job if 90% of the leads you received didn’t pan out. Even with our initial company training, it takes our Designers months of work as well as some solid sales and customer service skills to successfully manage their book of business. We believe our compensation structure is competitive: Designers receive a base salary, commission on their sales and can also earn spiffs. That being said, as it goes for most sales positions, you’ll find the compensation lower than expected if you aren’t selling your projects and receiving commission.

fun environment , easily made friends
Tier 3 Customer service & designer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 16, 2018
days were 7-6 pm Monday - Friday w/ 1 Saturday every other month

designers were split into groups with mentors to help you grow

weekly meetings occasionally would run too long

sales were done online through email, chatting, or phone

you set your pace but have to meet goals
Pros
mentoring, great support from other designers
Cons
if you aren't self motivated or don't like directions its not for you
Constantly growing workload, too few people to handle it
Finance (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNDecember 28, 2017
If you like being one person carrying the workload of 3, this is the place for you. Constant increasing expectations with inadequate training. Work hard to work harder.
Pros
Cons
Overwhelming workload that leaves you never feeling accomplished
The company evolves faster than it can handle
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 20, 2017
Job descriptions change monthly. Great work life balance with very flexible scheduling. Great benefits! Base pay could be much better and the bonus structure is not really much incentive. They preach advancement opportunities but most of the positions they create have really high qualifications and or 5+ years experience in that field which doesn't allow anyone to advance. Management could use some improvement, overall it is a good company to work for and I would recommend it if you are looking for an entry level job, gaining skills and experience with a company that is growing and evolving.
You will work hard for very little
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 5, 2015
Culture is work hard so you can work harder. No appreciation. Management is not supportive at all. Pay is very low for the extremely heavy workload.
Pros
Flexible schedule and casual dress code
Cons
Extremely heavy workload. You will burn yourself out. Management issues beyond description.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CliqStudios.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight