Cloudflare

Cloudflare Employee Reviews

Good company
Nice company and many talent people. Very nice working environment. Good products and very bright future.
Founders are very smart and vision. But some middle managers not good.
good team environment
fun place, like a lot of tech companies it is a good team environment and everyone, is focused on making the company, customer, and team successful. compensation is a bit blind, but hopefully, as they grow, compensation and perks become more transparent or better.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
weak 401k
Growing fast
The best part is the people I work with. The work is fast paced, some days harder than others so it balances out. Working on the weekends is discouraged which is great but some days it can't all get done during the week.
Pros
Overnight company retreat outside of the city.
Cons
New office perks would be great.
Working to make a difference
I get that not everyone will love working for a company, but I've really enjoyed the past two years working for Cloudflare.

One of the other reviewers complained there was no opportunity for advancement, but in the same review complained "regular inexperienced staff promoted as supervisor or manager". It can't be both.... unless perhaps they meant that if you were hired as a developer or customer success manager that Cloudflare doesn't really bother with titles like junior or senior. In that case they are totally right, Cloudflare isn't a place to come if career advancement = fancy titles. If it instead means learning new skills, building products from the ground up, being able to identify a problem and own solving it then Cloudflare has that in spades.

Cloudflare has also implemented management training for new managers and those who want to become managers. Personally managing a team isn't really a career goal so I haven't attended, but it's probably a great area to delve into if you're interviewing with Cloudflare and that is something you are interested in.

Cloudflare has some brilliant folks (from a variety of backgrounds), I really enjoy the fact that I am never the smartest person in the room. It challenges me to be better and to think about problems more deeply.
Pros
company makes a real difference and solves hard problems
No career path
Lack of oversight on management
No career path

Salary ok but not fabulous

Benefits are great

Work hours are great

Regular inexperienced staff promoted as supervisor or manager
Pros
one free lunch/week commuter benefits
Cons
no free lunch everyday, no career path
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Poor Management, but some really smart people
Cloudflare used to be a very flat organization. Over the years, they've gone top down with their mentalities. Because of some bad business deals and managers with no experience, overall the culture has declined. If you do work here, there is a wealth of knowledge that you will gain. Most teams are expected to be on call 24/7 though. Not a great work-life balance, and lots of turn over among managers.
Pros
Unlimited/Unmetered PTO, Solid benefits 401k/Roth (unmatched)
Cons
Relatively low pay for the market, very poor interteam communication, sales over promises and under delivers, management is poorly guided and only focused on impressing the CEO.
Setup Conferences and worked on various spreadsheets and reached out to vendors (via e-mail, and phone.)
It was a great experience, I loved the collaborative aspect as well as the independent tasks I did on a daily basis. I checked for leads, outlined and created spreadsheets, I monitored meet-ups.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cloudflare?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cloudflare. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
4.2
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cloudflare.
Cloudflare Reviews by Location