Clover Health Care

Clover Health Care Employee Reviews

United States26 reviews
Job itself is not rocket science, but hostile coworkers and management makes life difficult. If you have a problem or need something you should probably just keep it to yourself as you’ll be scrutinized for it. No one knows what’s going on half the time as they keep you in the dark about everything until you hear it from coworkers. Feels a lot like I’m in high school again with the rumors and immaturity. So laid back no one cares including bosses.
advancement is basically impossible because they don't offer it fairly. They chose whoever they want not by your hard work or experience or dedication. Its about how much booty you kiss, who your spouse is or if your family is upper management. Its basically all a setup for advancement where they interview other candidates but the most qualified or determined isn't their choice. Sad to see. Currently seeking employment elsewhere due to the lack of opportunities
Clover health company is a Medicare managed care company based in California, servicing 7 states they are very open about working from home. They pay expenses quickly
bad vibe over all, you could be working ur butt off for residents and still made to feel dumb and unwanted by staff and office workers. most employes act as if they are hard workers but not really within the group
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Working at Clover is challenging as the job requires great compassion and patience. A common complaint is that the pay is not compensatory to the effort, heart, and dedication required of staff. There is currently a large turnover of staff, and the inconsistency of care is unfortunate. Overtime and double shifts are not uncommon. This may help those who complain about wages, but having people who are overworked and overtired may not be best practice for the residents.
Pros
self-fullment
Cons
difficult to become team oriented with constantly changing staff
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The way the managers handle certain situations aren’t fair and theyre keeping someone who’s threatens to hit residents & refers to them as the “b word,” along with lying about what other co workers do to get them in trouble and distracted the managers from what their doing. There’s a lot a favoritisms going on. Over all I found it to be a very exhausting & stressful place to work. Way to much drama for working in a nursing home.
Pros
Loving residents
Cons
Terrible co workers and managers.
drive to member's house to take vitals, assessment of their medications, help them schedule a Doctor's appointment and help them find a PCP. If they need help with the cost of medications we help them also we take A1C test, FOBT, and Microalbumin test
Clover needs to improve its pay that it offers to its employees. CNA break their back in their work and 12 dollars an hour is not enough. Management could do much to improve the moral.
I've been at Clover for almost 4 years and it is a great place to work! They always have fun activities going on for the residents and the staff and it a team oriented atmosphere because there is always someone who is willing to help you out when you need it! You can work 7-3, 3-11 or 11-7 if you are a CNA.
Pros
Awesome team!
Cons
You have to work weekends sometimes
From the moment you first walk in to Clover you notice it is not like other nursing homes you have worked at. There is hardly ever any odor, the staff and residents are frequently joking and laughing together, there is a feeling of home and family and camaraderie and being a part of that is truly amazing. I have been here for 5 years and plan to continue working for this rare organization. Clover is rated 5 stars on NursingHomeCompare.com and management understands that it is front line staff that provides the excellent care this rating reflects. We are one of the only facilities that does not use agency staff and we have excellent nurse/ resident ratios on nights and evenings. We are also proud of our CNA program and other contributions to healthcare education.
I loved working at clover! everyone was so kind and helpful made taking care of the residents easier. I loved always knowing if i ever had a problem, there was always someone there to help me.
love Working with the residents who live at this facility, and most of the staff are great.. you definitely do not get paid good enough, some of the staff are over worked
Pros
Residents are the best
Cons
Underpaid
I learn so much every day while working here! I learn about residents, how to care for human beings and practice on one one time and care. I truly enjoy my job, it is a privilege to take care of people who solely depend on our staff to practice every day things such as bathing, eating, and getting dressed. I have made so many bonds with my residents, I have learned so much about myself as a health care worker and as a person, how to work with groups and be apart of a team, and how to take initiative to be independent and pull my own weight.
Pros
One on one time with the residents!
Cons
physical strain on your body, management problems
I personally felt that the Management itself had a kink in the chain. much like most businesses these days, everyone is too worried about themselves rather than the task at hand. This in turn causes issues and takes away from the learning aspect of the job.
Poor management. Poor resident care. Always always always short staffed. Don’t care for the place low wages. I took the CNA certificate class through clover health care, they didn’t CPR certify any of us. This is not an ideal facility at all
Clover has not had a good reputation for years.Its a very hostile environment, from management, down to the few people that have been there for years(CNA's) The pay is laughable, and down right embarrassing. They are always short handed,which also means the quality of care is very poor.The Administration is part of the poor quality of care.Its all about making money .The staff,and patients are treated with much disrespect. Not a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Cons
Seen above
This isnt a bad job i just wish they were more fair about things. The people who have been there a long time are treated better then new people which is not fair
I never felt comfortable about this company. There was not much training, there was never enough help in caring for frail elderly residents and the help were expected to be super workers.
Pros
fairly good benefite
Cons
low pay rates
The staff and patients are remarkable to work with. Administration is willing to work with staff to accommodate personal situations. Extensive opportunities available for over-time.
I have worked for Clover for 2 1/2 years on several units. It is wonderful to work in a community where the quality of life for the Residents is promoted and staff advocates for them. Management is approachable and available. People are invested in positivity and improvement. They have a wall of pictures of people who have been there for more than 10 years and that consistency and sense of community is amazing. Although Healthcare is hard work, I find it is immensely rewarding.
Pros
Fun loving staff and residents. Management is appreciative, supportive and available.
Cons
As its Healthcare Holidays and Weekends are a must
I have worked at Clover for a year and a half and it is a wonderful place to work. The scheduler is very flexible with your schedule and the Staff development coordinator is terrific with all in-services that she provides and is available!! It is a super friendly place to work and my co workers are awesome! The most enjoyable part of my job is the residents, they appreciate all we do for them every day!!
Pros
Fun place to work!
Cons
parking is limited
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clover Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8