Clover Technologies Group Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILNovember 13, 2018
I've learned a lot about finance and business acumen from working at Clover. CFO and Senior Leadership were very knowledgeable about their career fields. A typical day was easy-going. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and gaining experience from senior leadership. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with some of the other staff members. Sometimes it was hard to get the correct information or the information you needed from other staff.
I never experienced a job like this before
Order Picker/Packer/Loader/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 21, 2018
Wow I'm lost for words I never experienced a job like this one here before. Wow wow wow. I got fired because of a temp who came to work with attitude each day one day decided she was gonna come at me and cursed me n gavr me attitude in when I retaliated back in curse her back I got fired I was like were is the protection from that I had to defend myself the way she was cursing n coming at me they didn't say ok we'll suspend u for a week r write u up they just straight fired me. Clover needs better management who can care about u in also protect u.
Pros
CoWorkers
Cons
Amy in David are the worst managers i ever had in my years of working.
Exhausting work!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, MIOctober 27, 2018
10 Hour days + Saturdays is way to exhausting. Many cuts over the last few years. They tell you at any moment you can be replaced by someone else, not a very good motivational strategy. Management not overly friendly, only to a select few. I didn't feel appreciated. A lot of production jobs have moved to Mexico.
Pros
Many potlucks
Cons
Some employes make a high wage, others make much less, no balance.
Terrible place to work especially 1st shift warehouse
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILSeptember 27, 2018
Avoid the 1st shift in the Ottawa DC unless you are comfortable working for an elderly manager that barely knows how to turn on his computer, falls asleep at his desk, and is willing to steamroll and back stab anybody and everybody to maintain his job for as long as he possibly can.
Pros
Paid vacation days
Cons
Too many to list.
Not so great!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 9, 2018
Was laid off without warning. Job was slow for about two months they kept us in the dust till let go day no phone calls coming through nothing was a dead office even management started leaving on their own. Also we got bought out by Clover formerly MSE and lots of people from Clover had attitudes and thought they were better. They were slick started re routing all the calls to the IL location without Van Nuts knowing lol. Thank god im out of there right after us all of HR got let go too.
An ok place to work.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, MIJuly 3, 2018
It's a fast paced, hard working environment. If you come to work on time, every day, you qualify for attendance bonuses. They give you lots of vacation time to spend with your family & paid holidays. They have holiday parties & employee appreciation days with special treats. Temperature controlled environment so you don't have to work in really extreme conditions. I love my coworkers & we make our days fun.
Pros
Bonuses, friendly coworkers, vacation time, great pay & benefits.
Cons
Standing in one spot for 8 hours.
Fast paced workplace, friendly people
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMay 19, 2018
A typical day goes by very fast. We were encouraged to meet and exceed production goals. The hardest part of the job was that Clover's standards are very high. It can be quite a challenge to motivate people without creating tension. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people. Management was very supportive of all employees and their rights. It was a fun place to work, lots of laughter, and everyone feels a sense of camaraderie.
Pros
Close to home, decent pay, great working conditions
Cons
Straight afternoon shift was the only availability, My son began failing school and my husband was struggling with caring for him alone in the evening.
management was terrible
Material Handler/Picker Packer/Packaging (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILApril 24, 2018
Poor management and no room for advancement. Slackers are babied and the good workers get all the work dumped on them. HR is not on your side to help you with anything and they look for the smallest reasons to fire you once you have been there for more than 3 years. Horrible place to work for. They are farming out all the work to Mexico and closing up shop so I do not recommend this place to anyone.
Best Job I’ve evervhad
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJuly 18, 2018
No weekends. First job I’ve had in my life where it was not required to work Saturday’s. Loved the 2 weeks vacation after only one year. Most enjoyable part of my job was meet & greet.
Pros
No weekends
The place is going under quickly
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, IL 61350May 14, 2018
Very toxic environment. Moving all production to Mexico and trying to get everybody to quit or get fired. They will go to any length to reduce staff only to not have to supply them with benefits for losing their job to another country.
Pros
Non anymore
Cons
Too many to list.
bad job
Packer/Loader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJuly 9, 2018
they treat a person bad they have terrible bosses the pay is not good they dont care about anyone they have moved alot of jobs to mexico and let people go that have worked there a long time its not a good place
nice people
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMarch 19, 2018
Clover did have nice people but if you were not a team lead friend then you got disrespect. Management did not care. They listened to team leads and only team leads. If you were not friend of management outside of company then you didn't matter to them.
Pros
20 min. break
Cons
standind in one place for 8 hours
This place is a joke
Picker (Former Employee) –  Oglesby, ILDecember 20, 2017
Its 40 hours a week. Clock in. Work. Clock out & leave. Unfortunately, anytime they have some stupid thing going on like an Xmas party, you MUST attend. Even though you have 30 minutes that are unpaid. So you aren't allowed to go to your car or talk to your family if that's what you usually do on YOUR lunch break. Glad I don't work there anymore & would highly recommend to others to not work there.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Too many to list
Would work their again
Sustaining Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, IllinoisJanuary 13, 2018
Good place to work, very competitive. You need to be at the top of your game everyday. Company is very price driven due to competition from China and other low cost areas of production
Great Place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJanuary 11, 2018
Easy short days. Great people who work there. Nice and relaxed. Great manager and co-workers. Hardest part was staying focused. Learned what types of printers there where all around the world.
Productive and fun work place
Quality Assurance/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, PA 15301October 1, 2017
There is an abundance of training and real time work situations to learn and improve your skills everyday. There is great opportunity to interact with end users and develop inter personal skills. There are many opportunities to develop management skills and become a leader
Pros
benfits
Cons
closed place
An ok place to work.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILAugust 6, 2017
Starting with coming in clocking in and going to work right away boxing ink cartridges on the boxing line that was my job but I was also thrown into picking up pallets and putting them on the wrapper which wasn't my job. I started rather easily got to know my job fairly quickly then when I started getting better at it they threw me into another job without changing my job title so I wouldn't be able to get any better at what I needed to do to become full time. Most enjoyable part was being able to bring drinks out onto the floor. The hardest part was not doing the job that I had applied for and not being able to become full time.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Productive place to work at.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILDecember 30, 2017
Great place to work at. Wished pay was better. Management was good. Treated well. Good benefits. Got to work with some great people. Pretty easy to do well there.
Great to work for the purchasig manager
Production Buyer (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 25, 2017
Purchasing manager is a great negotiator and in control of his department. I learned a lot from him, our department was the best organized in the company.
Pros
Great purchsing manager, Well organized
Cons
Not enough pay
Not a good place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJune 4, 2017
Management is terrible. Communication is poor. They increased the wage for 2nd shift material handlers from $12 to $13 an hour to lure more potential applicants because they can't keep people there due to the high amount over overtime & lack of safety. And many material handlers there drive unsafely & nobody's actions are addressed when reported. Very unsafe place to work & company morale is quite low. If you like not having much of a homelife & enjoy working with 2-faced co-workers, then this is the place for you.
Pros
They hire anyone with a pulse
Cons
Management safety communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clover Technologies Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9