Cloverleaf Cold Storage Employee Reviews

Maybe if you really need a job
Freezer (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHJanuary 16, 2019
Supervisors(blue hats) don't do their job. I worked there 1 1/2 years. The first 6 months were not too bad but once you start to figure out how much better and easier the job could be, it starts to get frustrating. The place has a lot of potential, but it lacks good managment. A lot of the jobs could be done easier but the supervisors refuse to change little things for the better. Supervisor are constantly lying, I know that's true for most places but this is the only job that has ever made me feel deadful. The supervisors don't care what happens out on the floor, they only care that the job gets done. This sounds good at first, but this means some people end up having to do alot more work while other just clean for half of the day or do very little. Also you can get stuck doing a lot more work in negative degree temperatures, while others clean in 36°.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Bad managment, cold from -10°- 36°
Good
Chicken Stacker (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2019
I love Clover Leaf as a work place. Everything but they have point system u have to keep.’l
Workers & Supervisor was decent. Wages was excellent 12.70 Hr.
Pros
Very postive work environment m.
Cons
Point System is unmerciful
Worst place to work for
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJanuary 2, 2019
Unfair hours benefits ignoring employee comfortaination also a lot of favoritism which makes it unpleasant and arkward place to work for. Your best bet is to shut up and be obedient if you want keep your job don't ask about hours, pay or any difference in the work departments
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Worst people in management to work for.
Throw boxes or get out
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Le Mars, IADecember 27, 2018
Quotas for boxes thrown. Some boxes are over 100 lbs pigs up to 200.... good luck getting a team lift. Ergonomics are not a concept here. Never have a full crew. 15 min breaks your not supposed to smoke on. Lunch is a half hour. Some days 4 hours between breaks. Company provided gloves suck. Company provided jackets require many layers underneath. No warming up if you are cold, go throw boxes. 1/2 point for being late,1 point for every 4 hours of work you miss 12 points gets you fired in your first year. Pto accrual starts right away up to two weeks in year one. Wage cap is very close to starting wage. Very little chance for advancement. Barely a forklift operator 90% of the time you throw heavy boxes and that’s it.
Pros
Very little besides the wage
Cons
A ton
productive fun and fast paced
Forklift Operator and production supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, MODecember 9, 2018
I have fun working with my co workers and its a fast paced job and hardworking. I learned hoe to drive a forklift, make boxes. It is a good job, its about 40 degrees in the production room so you have to dress kinda warm.
Pros
good work, easy to get along with
Cons
cold
Egh
Petfood/Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IANovember 7, 2018
I worked at cloverleaf twice I loved it at first I felt like I was moving up pretty fast only once I got to a certain point is keep getting promised another job opportunity within the company only for that opportunity to be given to someone else because the yellow hat (leadman) was better friends with them. Cloverleaf is more friend based if you're not friends with your lead man you get worked harder and get less chances for advancement and the managers will always back the leads even if the lead gets physically in your face you're wrong not them so trust me don't work at cloverleaf
Pros
Money is good until you top out
Cons
Bad management bad leads
Fast paced and chaotic
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAOctober 22, 2018
Very fast paced with little direction or support from upper management. Had difficult time bringing people in and keeping them for any length of time. Most experienced people were leaving for other jobs and little effort was made to try to keep them.
Cloverleaf is a very good place to work.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 20, 2018
If you have never had a job before then I do not recommend that you work for cloverleaf. You Also have to have some type of body weight, the boxes and meat are fairly heavy to certain people.
Pros
Fun people to be around
Cons
Very cold
Dangerous work environment and do not pay well for the work they require.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 13, 2018
Its a dirth environment and that has a freezing cold wet floor making driving a forklift extremely dangerous at the speed they expect you to be going. You never know when you are going to get off, if a truck is late dropping off inventory you have to stay to unload it.
Pros
Its a cold work environment
Cons
Short breaks, they aren't very organized
Nice a little cold
Pork bellys (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 10, 2018
A good place too work.worked thru temp service. People at the job was very nice.it was cold but if you dressed right, it was fine. Only thing I thought wasn't right, they wanted you too work thru the temp.services.instead of hiring you in.
Pros
Rigjt off highway
Cons
Want too jse just temp services
Management sucks
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHSeptember 8, 2018
Helped me lose weight...lol but wouldn't want to recommend this to anyone, was promised a job and wasn't given to me.... made me throw heavy boxes all night long!!!
Pros
Good workout
Cons
Favoritism big time
Fast paced long hrs but the pay is awesome
Stand up forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 5, 2018
Good place to work if u want to make money it comes with a cost u wii lose ya lively hood when peek season hits an during inclimate weather u are responsible for your own safety to get to your job at Cloverleaf Cold Storage
Pros
Great money
Cons
You will stay until job is done no matter what the cost
Nice company that's always hiring
Short Staffed LLC (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 29, 2018
Nice company and environment to work in. Productiona and warehouse opportunities. Can be very fast paced or very slow at times depending on the days order.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 29, 2018
receiving trailer in bound , loading outbound trailers , storage receive product , hanging fresh pallets, cherry picking orders , single jack op, double jack op , stand up fork lift , high lift op
We got the job done
Assmebly (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCAugust 1, 2018
I would work there again great place it's cold but I rather be cold then hot to work in a factory everything in order long as the right people is in the right place the work would go so smoothly
Negative Workplace
Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 23, 2018
If you like a hostile work environment and no positive feedback on your work, then you have found the perfect place to work with Cloverleaf Cold Storage.
Pros
You get paid for being there.
Cons
Literally, everything else.
Very cold place to work if you are not use to that type of work
Meat Packer (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 17, 2018
The work is not hard but the management team is a different story. They do not know how to talk to people. I love working here but the way management treat people has me seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No time for yourself or family and friends.
warehouse cold storage .
picker (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILJuly 16, 2018
Pretty good job if you believe in the whole company aspect .You do the work and you go home. Simple.if you wanna move up in the company be ready.Overall good place to work
Production
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 12, 2018
good place to work at well liked and work hard. alwas prepared for the working day to begen employers are well liked and superviser has orders ready to go out for the day.
Pros
people talking
Cons
Short first break
Ok place to work
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Le Mars, IAJuly 10, 2018
The company is what you make of it. Pretty relaxed atmosphere but no leadership. Few advancement opportunities and wages are mediocre. Wouldn’t recommend the place but not trashing it either.
Pros
Do what you please
Cons
Zero leadership or accountability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cloverleaf Cold Storage. Our community is ready to answer.