Club Demonstration Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
This was a fun work place the team was like family
Sr shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team I had they were like family and I am sad to be gone the o my thing I didn't agree with was policy that were not across the board they were not consistent in up holding each store to every policy and they didn't keep everyone on the same page
Easy job with Annoying Customers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 21, 2018
Cooking food for Costco members isn't hard, but dealing with their attitudes toward you as a person sucks. There's no appreciation or even acknowledgment that you're even there sometimes. Management, from my experience, isn't very reliable and as such, causes you to be without samples for sometimes 20-30 minutes.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Customers are annoying, Management is subpar
Loved working there sometimes, but sometimes supervisors will make things complicated
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJune 19, 2018
I believe it was better when everyone did their own things, like for an example wash their own dishes, set their own cart, and as well clean their own cart. Manager will put some people to wash dishes, some on carts and on trash. When we will do dishes or carts there wasn’t enough time to finished it was really hard to do so.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, short time on setting up carts, the pay is to low
Fun work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 19, 2018
Loved the work. Physically unable to stand for long periods of time. Enjoyed seeing different people and talking about different products. Fun seeing people who come for the winter.
Pros
Fun to work with people
Cons
Not enough hours/ cannot stand for long periods of time
OK part-time job
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAJune 18, 2018
Lots of food to try out and the culture between coworkers can't be replaced. This was a place of experience and growth for me. My lessons learned won't be easily forgotten.
Enjoyed customer service
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 17, 2018
Demontrated samples of Costco’s products, maintaining workplace. Strictly followed store’s work policy, give excellent customer service to all incoming shoppers
Fun Place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJune 16, 2018
A fun place to work. Easy to work around school or other jobs. Downside its part time and no benefits. Sometimes demos are canceled so you may or may not work everyday.
Decent employment for those seeking flexible hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 14, 2018
Typical Day: You are required to arrive on time, prepare your cart for the given event of the day, pay attention to the event instructions, prepare for the event, and do the event for a total 6 hours.

What You Learned: Attention to detail will make the 6 hour event much more stress free. Getting into a "groove" with the event will help makes things much more efficient.

Management: I've had great experience with the management for CDS. The door is always open and they are very concerned that you feel comfortable and are able to do what's expected of you.

Workplace Culture: Extremely accommodating. Progressive.

The Hardest Part of the Job: Keeping up with the demand on fast-paced days. Driving sales when the event you're promoting isn't a favorite of the location.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Meeting new people and learning more about them, their likes and dislikes. You're then able to tailor the event you're doing to their particular tastes.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks, No Benefits
helps with understanding custmers better
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gypsum, COJune 13, 2018
i liked this job very much! the pay was great, the environment was nice! the benefits were great! the only thing that really sucked was the fact that you have to stand for hours trying to sell sample and it really sucked if you got the healthy snacks lol cause they are the hardest to sell! plus they monitor how many times you use the bathroom and how long you might have taken.
Pros
the pay! they pay above minimum wage just to stand there and sell samples!
Cons
there is a certain amount you have to sell
nice place to work with helpful management and staff
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 13, 2018
nice place to work with helpful management and staff. i serve samples to customers and promote certain products to sell. the employees that i work with are friendly and helpful and the management take your schedule into account when assigning hours

Want to know more about Club Demonstration Services?

Ask a question
U suck
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 13, 2018
Your mangers dont know how to do their jobs. When an employee loses a family you should not get written up for it. Your mangers need to learn not to speak to an employee about a write up in front of other employees
Great people
Sales Adviser (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 11, 2018
Great people to work with and a wonderful boss The hours are flexible with some time off and also sick pay. Find out about new products at Costco. Meet new people everyday and also get to know regluar members everyday. Down fall is not enougj hours. Not a full time emplyer.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not afull time job
So wrong
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 7, 2018
I thought I was doing my job my sales were up talked about my product so I was off tues and wed got a text from my boss have to talk to you before you work on thuresday ok he text me I have 3 choices take a chance of being terminated and keep not doing your requirements put in your 2 week notice or perform your job to the requiements that has been set beforeyou were hired make choice this man has been on my case since the day he hired me
Fun Fast paced
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJune 4, 2018
We often demoed food to drive sales. We meet different people everyday. Management worked with us on hours. Great place to work. Clean and very organized.
Fast paced work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 31, 2018
An pretty good place to work just needs better hourly wage nice management and some of them really are truly caring about what if goin on in their employees lives
Great Retirement Job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2018
Pay is pretty good for p-t and very flexible work schedule. However, you do get cancelled a lot so can’t really count on steady paycheck. No benefits. Was disappointed that we received no holiday bonus when we really had to step up our game. Our members increased substantially and we worked really hard to keep samples available for them. The hardest part of the job is pushing the heavy carts across the warehouse and having to lift the oven out/in the cart and standing in one place for 6.5 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a lot of people you know.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Getting cancelled, lifting and pushing heavy equipment, standing for 6.5 hours.
Great easy job
PRODUCT DEMONSTRATOR (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2018
excellent management
flexible hours
great coworkers
communication skills builder
very fast paced at times
meeting fascinating people
dealing with complicated custimers
I enjoyed working their
Sales Advisor, Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCMay 29, 2018
It was an experience that taught me a lot about the public and customer service. I learned how to follow SOP and apply communication skills while I was getting train there.
Different...
Great people person and engaging the public (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 29, 2018
Job is very slow-paced.
It is a great sales tactic and good for someone who needs a part-time job.
The workers were great and the work-load was not bad.
Decent, but could use improvement
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 28, 2018
Great pay, no benefits. It is a simple job where you advertise products to increase sales. The managers were not the greatest, but it was a pretty easy job.
Cons
Managers need more skills in managing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Demonstration Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight