Club Demonstration Services Employee Reviews

Great Place!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 18, 2018
While I was at CDS, I had 2 different managers. Both of them were fantastic! They worked with you, supported you and cared for you. I think this is where my love of selling products came from. Speaking to different people (and the regulars) everyday was fun! I learned a lot of things from this job! I miss it every day.
Pros
Free Samples
This company did well with schedulingaround my schooling but there was no benifits or other opirtunities to advance at the time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 17, 2018
I love working at club demonstration servicies as a sales assosiote as I learned how to become a salesman, cook, and become better socially. These skills will help me in the future.
Pros
Samples, good work hours
Cons
No benifits
Ok
AZ - Driver (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZ 85338July 14, 2018
These people are ok help you find employment but if you woe child support in another state they double dip from you paying az as well as the state you actually owe to
Working at Cds is verying boring. You do not get health benifits unless your a manager.
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2018
You only work 6 hours at a time. You never get overtime. You must meet sales goals to be on schedule. The job is not exciting at all. If the store isn't busy you literally stand and watch people. 😒
Pros
Meeting good people is always good
Cons
You stand in one place for 6 hours
Great Place For Anyone To Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2018
I have worked here for almost 8 years and would recommend anyone without and felony charges of course to work here. The Management team and the people are so nice.
The positions was Area Manager. Loved to travel and visit the stores
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2018
Travel 75% per week. Visit store and evaluate the team and part time employees. Audit the Supervisor position. Talk to the Store Management and having a great rapport with the Store Management. Meet weekly company goals. Train new supervisors.
Pros
Enjoy training new supervisors and always meet company goals
Cds
Costco Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, NJJuly 5, 2018
........................................................................................................................................................................It is the policy of CDS to maintain "at-will" employment status. This means that this offer and your acceptance of this offer do not constitute an employment contract. You are free to resign and the company is entitled to terminate your employment at any time, with or without cause or prior warning. This provision can only be changed or revoked in a formal written contract signed by the president of the company, and cannot be changed by an express or implied agreement based on statements or actions by any employee or supervisor.
Fair and flexiable workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJuly 4, 2018
I do appreciate the environment of CDS since it is much better than my previous job. I just wish there were opportunities to advance and get full time benefits.
great team
Sales Advisor/Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2018
Must be able to stand for long periods of the day
I learned a lot of promotional and advertising techniques
The management was great and worked with your needs
Learned great communication skills
Flexible hours/days
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 4, 2018
I have been there almost 8 years. It started as a nice job but as time went on, I found the standing for 6 hours became too much for me.

Overall, I enjoyed my time there and my co-workers are the ones who keep the company going. However, I am ready for a change.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Too many hours standing
Friendly place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 3, 2018
You can met good people, have good conversations and talk about things and life. Flexible schedule most of the time. Hard place to work on the weekends.
Poor management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, NYJuly 2, 2018
Poor management no room to progress this company plays favoritism and they select only a few to get proper hrs. you demonstrate food and provide information to Costco customers, most of the time majority of demos are not available.
Pros
you learn about various comapnys and their product
Cons
no hours
Nice place to work
Forklift Operator/Electric Pallet Jack (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJuly 1, 2018
• Loading/Unloading products

• RF scanning
• Forklift/Cherry Picker
ambiente saludable y flexible
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 26, 2018
Fue mi primer trabajo y una de las mejores experiencias laborales que e tenido debido a que los horarios y los dias eran flexibles y yo lo necesitaba pues estaba en la universidad y eso me ayudo mucho a completar satisfactoriamente mi curso universitario.
Pros
La flexibilidad, y los jefes pues son pro-empleado.
Cons
cuando yo trabaje alli era un part-time, y tenias alrededor de solo tres a cuatro dias de trabajo, y eran solo seis horas, y no habia ningun tipo de beneficio extra que no fuera tu salario.
It was Just a job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
Working there was ok. a typical day consisted of interacting with customers and partially getting annoyed with management depending on who the manager was they day. The rest of my coworkers were really cool though and they were always willing to help when it was needed. The hardest part of the job is really just dealing with a manager who likes to micromanage everyone and make the job more stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to chill and really interact with different people all day.
Can be fun and rewarding
Food & Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 24, 2018
Overall a good place to work if you are not in need of full time hours or benefits. The work can be challenging with regard to grabby demanding members but can also be rewarding when members give praise for great and engaging demos.
Pros
Free samples and inside info on display model deals
Cons
no benefits, no full time hours
This was a fun work place the team was like family
Sr shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team I had they were like family and I am sad to be gone the o my thing I didn't agree with was policy that were not across the board they were not consistent in up holding each store to every policy and they didn't keep everyone on the same page
Easy job with Annoying Customers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 21, 2018
Cooking food for Costco members isn't hard, but dealing with their attitudes toward you as a person sucks. There's no appreciation or even acknowledgment that you're even there sometimes. Management, from my experience, isn't very reliable and as such, causes you to be without samples for sometimes 20-30 minutes.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Customers are annoying, Management is subpar
Loved working there sometimes, but sometimes supervisors will make things complicated
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJune 19, 2018
I believe it was better when everyone did their own things, like for an example wash their own dishes, set their own cart, and as well clean their own cart. Manager will put some people to wash dishes, some on carts and on trash. When we will do dishes or carts there wasn’t enough time to finished it was really hard to do so.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, short time on setting up carts, the pay is to low
Fun work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 19, 2018
Loved the work. Physically unable to stand for long periods of time. Enjoyed seeing different people and talking about different products. Fun seeing people who come for the winter.
Pros
Fun to work with people
Cons
Not enough hours/ cannot stand for long periods of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Demonstration Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight