Club Demonstration Services Employee Reviews

First job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 13, 2018
Great place to start off working part times. You learn how to deal with diverse groups of people and learn about promoting products. Great place to start.
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNNovember 9, 2018
It was a great job with very nice customers, the manager was just not up to date with certain things even though she was a very nice and helpful person.
ahd to work wth my scheld.
Sample Maker (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 8, 2018
Didn't want to give me time off for church.(Even though I aid I would come in after church) I got checks I couldn't cash I had to send the in and then took 5 days to get a new one.
Pros
all ways had hours
Cons
checks had to cash
You have to love working with people and preparing food in a stressful environment with limited space.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 6, 2018
I loved preparing food and providing samples to the members. The most unfortunate thing is the very small bonus received when achieving sales goals: approximately $0.40 per goal, but needed to hit goal 100 times before you received bonus.
Pros
Nights and 7 holidays off
Cons
Pt, No benefits, low wages, little room for advancement
not for everyone
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 28, 2018
the work is easy , costco customers feel very entitled and will treat you badly and make you lose your job because they know costco policy but fellow employees make for good people
CDS-Sales Advisor
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Camillus, NYOctober 28, 2018
A typical day would begin setting up and reading about my product/ products and meet as a group in a team enviroment. I would prepare to sell my product to Costco members. Creating a friendly working atmosphere while meeting daily goals and requirements needed.
Team Player Always Willing To Help Out My Coworker
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2018
We work as one unit if somebody need some help. If u can make sure they are ok because its order women in there to. The most enjoying the about this job was the different people I incounter.
Nice place to work servicing the public, exceptional customer service.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 23, 2018
As a Advisor a typical day at work was arriving timely reviewing my food service guidance for the day and prepping accordingly, gathering everything as instructed, cooking according to guidance and regulations. I was sure to get on the floor timely, engaging with customers of all culture and backgrounds providing cooking skills, recipes, and promotion of sales of products.
I learn how to demonstrate food and nonfood products and how to engage and interacted with individuals of all cultures members of the club to promote sales. Management was very professional and lead by example. The hardest part of the job was some days were very slow of which we found ways to make the best of. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the people, watching the positive responses and achieving or going beyond my given goal!
Pros
Over all friendly atomosphere
Cons
Fun Job for the right person
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 21, 2018
I loved talking with customers but the fast pace of making food in front of people, following food safety rules & CDS rules all at the same time could be nerve-wracking!
Pros
Better than average pay for PT work
Cons
Not enough training before putting you on your own
Fun workplace (Costco)
Senior Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2018
The Memphis TN location makes a lot of unfair decisions and unjustified terminations. The district manager is hard to please & micromanages. The event managers do not last and the job becomes stressful on the supervisors. It is a fun workplace but can be a headache.
Pros
Fun meeting new people.
ok place to work
Product Demonstrator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYOctober 16, 2018
very good place to work, seeing lots of people throughout your shift and every day. Some days can be stressful but overall its a decent place to work a few days a week.
Fun workplace
Sell items and food products for customer service (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 13, 2018
Productive and fun environment to enjoy and spend time around customers bringing joy and life around others to make a family oriented aroma around the place.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, long stands
Pleasant enough job
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 12, 2018
It was good, enjoyed intereacting with the club members Sometimes my feet hurt standing for long hours tho. Close to home. Opportunity to demonstrate varied products.
Pros
Loved the members
Cons
Sore feet.
Low hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2018
At CDS you don't have opportunities to grow, nor to work a full-time job. Your hard work is not appreciated by CDS and by Costco management. The hire tons of people instead os hiring full-time, just to not give benefits to the employees.
Pros
Starts at 10:00
Cons
Everything else
great place to work if you are in school or retired
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 7, 2018
you don't get a lot of hours here. management is awesome though. the job itself is fun and intuitive. other than the unreasonable sales metrics it is a nice and relaxing job in most cases. sometimes the customers can be the worst people out there but usually, they are not to bad if you don't let the metrics bother you, because you rarely meet your sales goals. customers often come there just to eat or try something different if they don't fancy it that much they don't buy it. the bonus system is unrealistically structured, you only get a bonus if you are working really hard at selling maybe every 6 months if you're lucky. the amount of the bonus is insignificant for the amount of work needed to achieve it. as I recall it was only $40 everytime you hit the amount of points needed to get it. points are limits to the sales goal only and don't have any perks or multipliers to increase your points past the ones you would get for meeting your goal for that day. thus making it pointless to go past your goal. the number of points for the bonus was too grandiose and the number of points awards for goals met tends to be on the low end.
Pros
good management, good hourly pay, moderately relaxing work
Cons
few and inconsistent hours, poorly structured bonus system
Productive and excellent team work
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAOctober 7, 2018
This was my first job and the workers and management made sure to help me succeed. I was able to obtain customer service skills and the ability to work on my own while following set guidelines. This job was overall a great way to obtain customer service skills and have the ability to step outside my comfort zone. Diana and the other associates helped push me and helped prepare me for my future careers.
Pros
Great teamwork and outstanding management
Cons
ability to move from part time to full time
fantastic working environment.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2018
working here was great. granted some days suck just like any job, but most days were great. the coworkers are awesome and the only gripe is usually at how rude customers can be to us when we are nothing but nice to them. al in all i very much enjoyed my time here.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
mostly part time work.
Food Products Company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 25, 2018
Actual demonstration activity was enjoyable and hours very appropriate. No extremely last hour s. Has latest shift ending at 7:15. Hourly wage good..
Pros
Hourly wage and benefits good. Shift times good.
Cons
Management no personal skills related to employees, sales number quota difficult to meet at times because not logical, manager not an approach able person.
Challenging but enjoyable workplace
Product demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Enjy the fast paced environment.

Enjoy challenges of interacting with many people each day.

Like the challenge of preparing and presenting foods or products and utilizing minimal work area to create it all.

Maintaining a clean and immaculate work area all day.

Like providing delicious samples to members.

Enjoy providing members with various options for the products presented.
Competive, Fast Paced
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 19, 2018
During my time here I interacted with members on a daily basis. I learned how to deal with all different types of shoppers. Learned how to cook many different foods.
Pros
Job security, great pay for part time
Cons
not enough hours, no real benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Demonstration Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss