Club Demonstration Services Employee Reviews

Challenging but enjoyable workplace
Product demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Enjy the fast paced environment.

Enjoy challenges of interacting with many people each day.

Like the challenge of preparing and presenting foods or products and utilizing minimal work area to create it all.

Maintaining a clean and immaculate work area all day.

Like providing delicious samples to members.

Enjoy providing members with various options for the products presented.
Competive, Fast Paced
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 19, 2018
During my time here I interacted with members on a daily basis. I learned how to deal with all different types of shoppers. Learned how to cook many different foods.
Pros
Job security, great pay for part time
Cons
not enough hours, no real benefits
ok
Food demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDSeptember 19, 2018
Look through the other reviews about NCR on Glassdoor. They are all true! Nothing has changed, and they go back 3 years. You are neither valued or respected here.
Toxic environment. Incompetent, backstabbing, and immature leadership. Favoritism and bullying runs amok. It’s so bad, the students even talk about it. Rampant turnover. Feedback and our core values are a farce.
Work for Year Up but not at NCR. If you’re considering NCR, don’t do it. When Guy claims there’s tension is because the employees fear ‘change’, it’s a lie. It’s really that bad.
Wouldn't recommend it
Food Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Tyrannical. Plain and simple. Small pay for insane amounts for work. Not suitable for students or working single mothers. Hours fluctuate without notice.
Relaxed Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Don't expect a raise, but for a part time job they pay well. There is not commission on product sales. You do not get a Costco membership as a perk fpr working with Club Demonstration Services.
Pros
Eating Samples
Cons
No benefits, no raises, poor management
You can never close your station down.
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Lantana, FLSeptember 15, 2018
You are not guaranteed the hours you are scheduled for. If the vendor cancels or the product doesn't come in your shift is cancelled. So you can't rely on the schedule or the money you expect to earn
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Shift can be cancelled the night before
Productive good environment to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 7, 2018
It’s a good job to communicate with ppl interact about your products you learn how to embrace people to purchase products by explaining the good and bad of wat product
Pros
Good pay and flexible schedules
Cons
No benefits or growth
Needs more communication with Supervisor
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 6, 2018
Needs better communication between Manager, Supervisor, and staffs. Many times the staffs are not well informed of any changes from new rules. Other staff requested the supervisor to post on bulletin board if there is something that the staff needs to know.
Pros
learning how to use the product
Cons
Not given enough hours to work
demos
demonstrator at CDS at Costco (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, CTSeptember 5, 2018
I built a great relationship with my co-workers.At first I was applying at costco,and honestly did dot realize till my first paycheck it was cds. Even the caller id came up costco when i set up 1st interview.Im a team player and stayed with them out of loyalty.
Pros
i like people I work with and made good relationships
Cons
no benefits and don't make enough to afford them
CDS Review
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Commack, NYAugust 30, 2018
It is a good job overall, not to stressful,not to long of hours which could be good and bad. The people are nice and helpful. They provide coffee and on certain days some snacks and food. The only down side is the scheduling system. The managers change you at will, because you work based off which company want demos. Its also a paper and calling system, i wish they had something more up to date and online so you could get notifications when you've been changed
Pros
Snacks, coffee, environment
Cons
scheduling system
productive
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2018
It was a nice place to work, we just had very limited space and a rule about every little thing and it was always so cold. I worked with nice people who was helpful.
It was a good flexible workplace
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 27, 2018
I was over the sales associates making sure that they have plenty of product to give to the members make sure their areas were clean and they were staying on task
Pros
Help with a lot of experience with computers and customer service
Cons
Management did not take reports to the full effect, there's a lot of things that should not happen in the workplace
An interesting but demanding job, and challenging but rewarding in ways
Senior Lead/Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed interacting with Costco members, giving them samples and information about products. I also enjoyed preparing the food and other samples for the members. However, Costco staff were rude and demeaning towards CDS staff, much of the time. There were no benefits and rewards, other than pay. Standing for long periods of time was hard on my feet.
Pros
Food and sample preparation and interacting with Costco members was enjoyable.
Cons
Having to stand for long periods of time on a concrete floor was bad; also, putting up with Costco staff was a bear.
Professional Friendly environment
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 25, 2018
A typical day at work depends on how good the business is. If it's busy, it's fast paced and a little stressful, but it helps the day go by faster, so it's rather enjoyable. If it's slow it's pretty relaxed but can be pretty boring, but you got to do what you got to do. The management has been exceptional, I'm very impressed and pleased with how professional and understanding the management is. The workplace culture has been diverse and mostly calm and friendly in nature. The hardest part about the job is probably talking all day without losing your voice or standing up for 6 hours straight.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly coworkers, interesting customers
Cons
The rules change practically every day so it's inconsistent, coworkers aren't always reliable, The company keeps changing hands and getting more and more strict as the CEO changes.
Costco is a very productive work place.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2018
I liked the hourly pay, very repetitive and keeping a smile all day felt insanely overwhelming and i met so many good people that taught me many new tricks for cooking in small conventional ovens all day.
Productive workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYAugust 20, 2018
Love the flexible schedule and if you need experience in customer service this position gives you a lot of exposure. Management here was wonderful. It is fast paced, you serve and communicate with hundreds of people a day which definitely teaches you time management and patience.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work part time
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 18, 2018
I love working for CDS good pay an cooking different food products only pt so u have to have another job ft. You get promoted fast if good work performance an you can work on the weekends if you have another job an still bring home about 300. I love cooking and tasting new foods to see if you like it or want to buy it. You meeting a lot of people practicing smile invite and etc taking to the members to buy the products to sale out the goal is to sale out and be able to go home early. I been there 2 years and still love my job you have to have strong skin cause the members will try you and get you tired. So in a day work smile and say thank you and let them eat as much you want and 1st thing they goin to say I'm a member I spend a lot of money here In Costco you have to ignore them to get through your day everyday is a challenge if you believe in God just pray that you will get through the day without losing your job. You even meet new friends and co workers. And when they see you doing a good job you get promoted to thst store or a different location. Best job ever especially if you like to cook and you are a people person. THE GOAL IS TO SALE OUT everyday. It's only 6 hours an the day goes fast and sumtimes when you want to buy something you tell your self we did that for a demo and it was good so you taste new products and to want to buy your self only bad thing is you don't get discounts
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Only pt no discounts from costco
Fun and upbeat place to work
sales advisor demonstrator insdie costco (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 17, 2018
CDS was a fun and active place to work at and very busy environment however I brought it to the attention of my supervisor that the Washington Labor &Industry laws were being broken when it came to mandatory lunches and breaks after 15 minutes to 1 hr clock in times and after that conversation happened I was terminated within a matter of weeks.
The people that I worked with and those that work at Costco are upbeat and great people to work with and I had many fun times with the customers also and had good relationships with customers.
Pros
upbeat and fun atmosphere
Cons
sometimes it was so busy that we couldn'nt keep up with the demand
Great Company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 17, 2018
Excellent Company to work for. Enjoyed providing the service to customers. Flexibility work hours was a good fit me as a retiree. Relocated to another state was my reason for leaving .
Like the job except working Sundays
Demostrator (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 15, 2018
Like hours of the job. Except for working Sundays. Like the flexible hours.holidays off. Half hour break and 15 min break. Get bonus went sale goals are meant. Meeting goals was fun and completive
Pros
Half hour break can take time off when needed.
Cons
Workings weekends. Some member of Costco are rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Demonstration Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss