Club Demonstration Services Culture reviews

Professional Friendly environment
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 25, 2018
A typical day at work depends on how good the business is. If it's busy, it's fast paced and a little stressful, but it helps the day go by faster, so it's rather enjoyable. If it's slow it's pretty relaxed but can be pretty boring, but you got to do what you got to do. The management has been exceptional, I'm very impressed and pleased with how professional and understanding the management is. The workplace culture has been diverse and mostly calm and friendly in nature. The hardest part about the job is probably talking all day without losing your voice or standing up for 6 hours straight.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly coworkers, interesting customers
Cons
The rules change practically every day so it's inconsistent, coworkers aren't always reliable, The company keeps changing hands and getting more and more strict as the CEO changes.
fantastic working environment.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2018
working here was great. granted some days suck just like any job, but most days were great. the coworkers are awesome and the only gripe is usually at how rude customers can be to us when we are nothing but nice to them. al in all i very much enjoyed my time here.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
mostly part time work.
Nice place to work servicing the public, exceptional customer service.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 23, 2018
As a Advisor a typical day at work was arriving timely reviewing my food service guidance for the day and prepping accordingly, gathering everything as instructed, cooking according to guidance and regulations. I was sure to get on the floor timely, engaging with customers of all culture and backgrounds providing cooking skills, recipes, and promotion of sales of products.
I learn how to demonstrate food and nonfood products and how to engage and interacted with individuals of all cultures members of the club to promote sales. Management was very professional and lead by example. The hardest part of the job was some days were very slow of which we found ways to make the best of. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the people, watching the positive responses and achieving or going beyond my given goal!
Pros
Over all friendly atomosphere
Cons
Its all about the customer service.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2018
It's a very easy going job that involves you meeting sale quotas and engaging with customers. There is no room for advancement and your input is never needed. Just do what is ask then remove yourself.
Pros
Forces you to engaging with others and come out your shell.
Cons
Everything.
It was Just a job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
Working there was ok. a typical day consisted of interacting with customers and partially getting annoyed with management depending on who the manager was they day. The rest of my coworkers were really cool though and they were always willing to help when it was needed. The hardest part of the job is really just dealing with a manager who likes to micromanage everyone and make the job more stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to chill and really interact with different people all day.
CDS-Sales Advisor
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Camillus, NYOctober 28, 2018
A typical day would begin setting up and reading about my product/ products and meet as a group in a team enviroment. I would prepare to sell my product to Costco members. Creating a friendly working atmosphere while meeting daily goals and requirements needed.
The positions was Area Manager. Loved to travel and visit the stores
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2018
Travel 75% per week. Visit store and evaluate the team and part time employees. Audit the Supervisor position. Talk to the Store Management and having a great rapport with the Store Management. Meet weekly company goals. Train new supervisors.
Pros
Enjoy training new supervisors and always meet company goals
Great Place!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 18, 2018
While I was at CDS, I had 2 different managers. Both of them were fantastic! They worked with you, supported you and cared for you. I think this is where my love of selling products came from. Speaking to different people (and the regulars) everyday was fun! I learned a lot of things from this job! I miss it every day.
Pros
Free Samples
Low pay, no job security, no benefits
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 16, 2018
Very low pay with no benefits. No job security, bad company culture. The job is hard and customer could be cruel and abusive. Hours can be cut anytime. Manager wants you ask for the sale yelling and being loud. By the end of the day one is exousted from the stress and you take home peanuts. Never felt so sad at any work place.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, poor management, no benefits
I loved working with the customers
Sales Distribution Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 23, 2018
Great place to work part-time. I loved helping the members. I loved learning about the new products. I loved working with my co-workers and I had a great manager.
Pros
Providing great customer service to the members.
Cons
No cons
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNNovember 9, 2018
It was a great job with very nice customers, the manager was just not up to date with certain things even though she was a very nice and helpful person.
First job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 13, 2018
Great place to start off working part times. You learn how to deal with diverse groups of people and learn about promoting products. Great place to start.
Productive and a fun place to work!
CDS Event Manager| Laguna Niguel (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 16, 2018
Its a great company! Our part time employees are offered benefits and perks such as 401k. Its a fun job, we promote sells and get to taste the awesome samples which help us decide if its delicious enough to take home. The culture is amazing and its a great company.
Pros
Costco, service, employees, benefits
Cons
slow days
productive
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2018
It was a nice place to work, we just had very limited space and a rule about every little thing and it was always so cold. I worked with nice people who was helpful.
Decent employment for those seeking flexible hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 14, 2018
Typical Day: You are required to arrive on time, prepare your cart for the given event of the day, pay attention to the event instructions, prepare for the event, and do the event for a total 6 hours.

What You Learned: Attention to detail will make the 6 hour event much more stress free. Getting into a "groove" with the event will help makes things much more efficient.

Management: I've had great experience with the management for CDS. The door is always open and they are very concerned that you feel comfortable and are able to do what's expected of you.

Workplace Culture: Extremely accommodating. Progressive.

The Hardest Part of the Job: Keeping up with the demand on fast-paced days. Driving sales when the event you're promoting isn't a favorite of the location.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Meeting new people and learning more about them, their likes and dislikes. You're then able to tailor the event you're doing to their particular tastes.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks, No Benefits
Productive and fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCMarch 15, 2018
I look forward to going to work every day that I am scheduled to work.
I learned how to prepare some products that I never had to prepare before.

My manager really knows her job well, but sometimes the employees gets dissed..

The environment in ok as long as you do your part.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with people who come in and give you a hard time. Some people come just to give us a hard time, but we learn how to deal with it and go on.
Pros
I like dealing with people, i'm a people person.
Cons
challeges, every job has it's challenges and you learn how to handle them in a profeessional way
Great Place For Anyone To Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2018
I have worked here for almost 8 years and would recommend anyone without and felony charges of course to work here. The Management team and the people are so nice.
OK part-time job
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAJune 18, 2018
Lots of food to try out and the culture between coworkers can't be replaced. This was a place of experience and growth for me. My lessons learned won't be easily forgotten.
Enjoyable, a tad bit stressful, competitive for sure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 21, 2018
This is was not a bad place to work, Costco members were difficult yes, but overall great team to have worked with, we all helped eachother out, training new employees required the employees to train the new employees.
Cons
short breaks, only part time, no benefits
Fun Place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJune 16, 2018
A fun place to work. Easy to work around school or other jobs. Downside its part time and no benefits. Sometimes demos are canceled so you may or may not work everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Demonstration Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss