Club Demonstration Services Culture reviews

Great time with Food and Firends
Sample Maker (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMarch 5, 2019
A lot of the people are nice whether they are from CDS or Costco and it is always fun to interact with everybody. It can get hectic when the shopping season get out of hand, but it is enjoyable hard work
Friendly, productive, hardworking, fun, welcoming, positive moods.
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UT 84070February 26, 2019
The staff and managers were very friendly to each other and customers. Always had a smile even on busy hard working days, The staff made me feel like I was a part of the family, and always had great ideas for our next job assignments.
CDs demonstration (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WAFebruary 19, 2019
Great place to work loving to talk to people, great people to work with ,had a great supervisor at sequim enjoy marketing new products and sample also bought what we sampled overall just a great place
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Standing
Great place to work for retirees
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 7, 2019
Work can be intensive with lots of movement. Some lifting and walking. Standing at your demo for the entire shift is required with the exception of a valid medical release. Very heavy public contact selling demonstrated products. Sales are stressed with bonus compensation based on a point system. One pay increase in 5 years at the company. Three pay tiers and opportunities to work special demonstrations for additional pay. Work schedule changes weekly based on your availability. Three shifts are available and are rotated. One half hour lunch and one 15 minute break. Open culture practicing diversity.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, sick time accrued by hours worked, Time off granted by written requests. Good team work between employees.f
Cons
Standing is difficult as well as dealing with a public that is differential to you as a person, Rushed atmosphere on weekends puts a lot of pressure to get the work done.
Cds
QA Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2019
I enjoyed working with all the staff here at CDS, they were knowledgeable and compassionate in their daily routines. I was trained well and sufficiently.
Pros
Flexible with scheduling and traveling
Cons
Poor management on occasions
Fun Work Envoirnment
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJanuary 12, 2019
I learned how to talk infront of people, somthing I was not very open to during high school. The hours are very flexible, the staff are very friendly and open minded, and the Event Manager is open for sugestions. Overall, had a blast and I would highly recommen this job to anyone looking for a place to start. However, what it makes in friendly enviornment, is lacks in organization.
Pros
Healthy and Fun Enviornment. Flexible Hours
Cons
Organization
Its all about the customer service.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2018
It's a very easy going job that involves you meeting sale quotas and engaging with customers. There is no room for advancement and your input is never needed. Just do what is ask then remove yourself.
Pros
Forces you to engaging with others and come out your shell.
Cons
Everything.
First job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 13, 2018
Great place to start off working part times. You learn how to deal with diverse groups of people and learn about promoting products. Great place to start.
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNNovember 9, 2018
It was a great job with very nice customers, the manager was just not up to date with certain things even though she was a very nice and helpful person.
CDS-Sales Advisor
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Camillus, NYOctober 28, 2018
A typical day would begin setting up and reading about my product/ products and meet as a group in a team enviroment. I would prepare to sell my product to Costco members. Creating a friendly working atmosphere while meeting daily goals and requirements needed.
Nice place to work servicing the public, exceptional customer service.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 23, 2018
As a Advisor a typical day at work was arriving timely reviewing my food service guidance for the day and prepping accordingly, gathering everything as instructed, cooking according to guidance and regulations. I was sure to get on the floor timely, engaging with customers of all culture and backgrounds providing cooking skills, recipes, and promotion of sales of products.
I learn how to demonstrate food and nonfood products and how to engage and interacted with individuals of all cultures members of the club to promote sales. Management was very professional and lead by example. The hardest part of the job was some days were very slow of which we found ways to make the best of. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the people, watching the positive responses and achieving or going beyond my given goal!
Pros
Over all friendly atomosphere
fantastic working environment.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2018
working here was great. granted some days suck just like any job, but most days were great. the coworkers are awesome and the only gripe is usually at how rude customers can be to us when we are nothing but nice to them. al in all i very much enjoyed my time here.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
mostly part time work.
Competive, Fast Paced
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 19, 2018
During my time here I interacted with members on a daily basis. I learned how to deal with all different types of shoppers. Learned how to cook many different foods.
Pros
Job security, great pay for part time
Cons
not enough hours, no real benefits
productive
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2018
It was a nice place to work, we just had very limited space and a rule about every little thing and it was always so cold. I worked with nice people who was helpful.
Professional Friendly environment
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 25, 2018
A typical day at work depends on how good the business is. If it's busy, it's fast paced and a little stressful, but it helps the day go by faster, so it's rather enjoyable. If it's slow it's pretty relaxed but can be pretty boring, but you got to do what you got to do. The management has been exceptional, I'm very impressed and pleased with how professional and understanding the management is. The workplace culture has been diverse and mostly calm and friendly in nature. The hardest part about the job is probably talking all day without losing your voice or standing up for 6 hours straight.
Pros
Free lunch, friendly coworkers, interesting customers
Cons
The rules change practically every day so it's inconsistent, coworkers aren't always reliable, The company keeps changing hands and getting more and more strict as the CEO changes.
I loved working with the customers
Sales Distribution Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 23, 2018
Great place to work part-time. I loved helping the members. I loved learning about the new products. I loved working with my co-workers and I had a great manager.
Pros
Providing great customer service to the members.
Cons
No cons
Great Place For Anyone To Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 12, 2018
I have worked here for almost 8 years and would recommend anyone without and felony charges of course to work here. The Management team and the people are so nice.
The positions was Area Manager. Loved to travel and visit the stores
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2018
Travel 75% per week. Visit store and evaluate the team and part time employees. Audit the Supervisor position. Talk to the Store Management and having a great rapport with the Store Management. Meet weekly company goals. Train new supervisors.
Pros
Enjoy training new supervisors and always meet company goals
It was Just a job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2018
Working there was ok. a typical day consisted of interacting with customers and partially getting annoyed with management depending on who the manager was they day. The rest of my coworkers were really cool though and they were always willing to help when it was needed. The hardest part of the job is really just dealing with a manager who likes to micromanage everyone and make the job more stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to chill and really interact with different people all day.
OK part-time job
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danville, CAJune 18, 2018
Lots of food to try out and the culture between coworkers can't be replaced. This was a place of experience and growth for me. My lessons learned won't be easily forgotten.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Demonstration Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight