Club Pilates Employee Reviews

Horrible Job Training
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 2, 2018
You are trained by following someone around for two hours and then your off on your own, then when you make mistakes they make you feel in aqduaquite . You Clean the studio, which takes 10 mins, then you answer calls which takes maybe 3 hours. Then you read a book or do whatever until clients arrive to make chit-chat or to help them. Building a cliental bond is essential and watching them grow is what makes the job amazing, its also really satisfying cleaning the studio. You learn a lot about marketing and maintaining relationships.
Pros
Independent
Cons
Bad Training, no breaks
Poor management “horrible owner”
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCNovember 28, 2018
Working at Club Pilates Matthews wasn’t all bad such great clients and great work environment, It’s just the manger & owner has very poor communication skills lack patience and even worst the OWNER would act with unconcern when it came to how she spoke to works while clients are around total place of disfunction & pay was 2 times a month
Pros
Great Clients
Cons
Horrific owner and pay
Caring and Supporting Staff
Lead Pilates Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I was fortunate enough to for Club Pilates in Miami Florida and the owners of that location were some of the most caring people I've met which helped cultivate an atmosphere of respect and understanding. It was a wonderful place to work. The hours were great as we would get nice long teaching blocks. Hardest part of the job was that we had to teach twelve clients of various levels in the same class but overall it wasn't bad.
great place to work at
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  downtown st peteSeptember 5, 2018
loved my manager and it was good pay also got free classes and met some cool people. the instructors were super nice and i got to yale a class whenever i wasn’t working
Pros
free classes good times shifts
Cons
far from where i lived
Fun atmosphere
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2018
I like being around positive people in a health centered lifestyle. The members are amazing as well as the instructors. A typical day is staying at the front desk from the start of your shift to pretty much the end... you are not able to leave the studio so no breaks and no lunch unless you pack something but there is not break room. You will be a glorified cleaner when classes are not in session in the afternoons. Great Job for high schoolers that have hw to do in the evenings.
Pros
take class when your off the clock
Cons
no health care, no breaks
Great learning experience, many hours
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
I've enjoyed teaching here so much because i've been pretty much been left to my own devices. I haven't received any support from other instructors, management or owners, however for the most part I feel like my teaching style is accepted and respected. I am given so many hours which is great however there has been no advancement in the company even though that was the main draw for me for accepting the position. I was told there would be advancement and pay raise opportunities but so far none...
Pros
many hours offered
Cons
short breaks, long hours, no pay advancement opportunities
Club Pilates
Boulder, CO - Pilates Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
The biggest benefit of working for Club Pilates was the opportunity to relocate to a different studio .. I also enjoyed the teachers I trained with ..
The Right Mix
SR Sales Associate/Pilates Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85249June 21, 2018
It would be a great company to work for with the right mix between ownership, management and staff. If it's not a good mix and everyone is out for themselves it gets a little rough on those employees that do have more of a team player attitude.
Pros
Free Membership and teaching Opportunities
Cons
No benefits at all
Not too bad
Pilates Instructor (Current Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAJune 19, 2018
Great for extra income. customers appreciate you and the manager is nice and not at all a control freak. I'm glad I work here to be honest. Don't plan on leaving anytime soon
I love my studio!
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 20, 2018
I cant speak for everyone because it is a corporate franchise, but my owners are definitely some of the best people I've had the opportunity to work for. I love how they stress the importance of customer service/satisfaction as well as the job culture/environment to make sure their team of employees are happy.
ok to work for depending on your location and store
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NJApril 23, 2018
My experience working with Club Pilates started off great. The hours were perfect , pay was great but than I was fired due to reasons that didnt have to do with my drive , or me not doing my job to its fullest. I feel like my experience changed after no longer working for Club Pilates, I feel like the whole talk of it being a great place to excel and be promoted changed. I feel like the experience of my store gave me the impression of Club Pilates not being the place they described once given the summary of the job description.
Pros
commission
Cons
cut hours
Great learning experience, many hours
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2018
Pros
many hours offered
Cons
short breaks, long hours, no pay advancement opportunities
Great for your first time!
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 20, 2018
This place is great for high school kids and the ones that need to build their resume to resemble experience into the working industry. Franchised owned I would definitely look into knowing the manager prior to employment.
Pros
Free Pilates
Cons
Outrageous prices on retail
Not the best
Pilates Instructor (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Management stole membership sales. The owner allowed it. They also regulary charged members credit cards without authorization for various things and staff in the studio every day got the blow back which made it difficult to teach with disgruntled members demanding answers in the middle of classes. Very short staffed. The owner did not want to pay a specialist to maintain his equipment. Members regularly complained of how dirty and squeaky the reformers were. All I could do was wipe them down. All in all, a great learning experience on things not to do when running a business.
Pros
Discounts on ToeSox
Cons
See review
I love the people here
Receptionist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Awesome people, slow paced work environment that pays well. I will stay with this company forever becuase of the amazing coworkers and women that come into the studio are amazing!
Good for Front Desk, Great for Instructors
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2018
It's pretty well organized. Corporate suggests, but owners make final decisions. Nice people, good atmosphere. Instructors can get block scheduling and are usually well compensated. Lot of variations for classes. Front desk has a good amount of work, good pace. Only downside is no benefits. Have worked in industry, would recommend to others.
Pros
Friendly, stable, pilates classes, organized
Cons
No FT benefits
Great place to work - watch for new owners
General Manager and Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
The Owners that I worked for did things unconventional to the Corporate way of running the studio. I love the company, I love Pilates, horrible owners of this franchise.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Terrible owners
great atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 16, 2018
Good place to work with a caring Owner/Operator. Good Management. Pleasant Clientele. Some Leads are generated. Need to be good on the phone and good with people face to face.
great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 5, 2017
Excellent place to work - great work life balance and able to work out. Culture is wonderful and teamwork is amazing. Fun place to work and never really feels like work
Owner makes is worse
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NVDecember 3, 2017
Job is easy and relaxing. Can get boring at times as well. It is very simple until owner comes in and make it more than it is. Owner forgets things all the time. Train you to do one thing then come back and tell you what your doing wrong. Has outbursts at times during a Pilates class.
Pros
easy, flexible
Cons
no hours, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Pilates. Our community is ready to answer.