CM Heating logo

• Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and FUN workplace with **free vending machine**

Working at CM Heating is pretty dang rad. Not only do the owners prioritize paying their employees a living wage... they treat them well too!! The two owners of CM heating are INCREDIBLY kind, and genuinely appreciate ideas and feedback. I came from another local HVAC company recently- my experience here has been night and day in comparison (in the best way). As you begin to dream of where you would like to work in the future, this company should be number one on your radar. Employees are appreciated, there is room for growth, and it truly feels like a family. I have energy to go home and cook dinner for my partner, and I look forward to coming into work the next day. How cool is that?

Pros

Hilarious Coworkers, Free Vending Machine, Coronas on Occasion, Great Pay, Awesome Commission Structure

Cons

I didn't come to work here sooner

Best place ever

Best culture in the industry. Lots of training opportunities, straight forward compensation, 4 day work weeks and tons of friendly people. I will work here until I die.

Great culture, transparent management, fun and encouraging co-workers.

Great experience working at this company. Management is very transparent about company growth/direction and feel that they genuinely have the best interest of the employees in mind. Great support systems throughout company from very accessible/approachable management to day to day systems that make everyday tasks more streamline and stress free.

Pros

4 day work weeks, regular 4 day weekends. Great co-workers!

Super fun company to work for

I was skeptical about getting out of my comfort zone and joining this company. But after taking a leap of faith and joining cm heating I wish I would have done it sooner. Everyone is positive, passionate, and fun to be around.

Pros

Communication is the best, always willing to listen to suggestions to make the work environment better.

Cons

No cons

A culture driven company

Most companies these days only care about profit and productivity but in the case of this company they put the culture of the work environment first. I’ve worked here long enough to see this company transform into something amazing. I was here when we went from a 5 to 6 day work week depending on your department to a four day work week with rotating days off so that you always get a four-day weekend once a month. They are transparent would have a company is growing and how money is being invested towards that growth. They do a great job of recognizing people‘s hard work and reaching out to those at work who might be having a bad day and need a little extra love that day.

Pros

The most amazing team ever

Cons

Working in attics and gross crawl spaces

A Place for Growth

CM heating is place of growth, not just for growth. The company completely transformed itself during my time and in process transformed me. I began as an apprentice and ended as a manager. Through that time I saw something that would be enshrined in the core values of the company: the drive to do right. Every day I not only provides heating and cooling but triggered charitable donations for a worthy cause. The company empowers its employees to do the right thing for customers every time, not the most profitable or exploitative thing. That interest in benefiting customers is something I have not found anywhere else since I have left despite many claims otherwise. CM heating also listened to the installers about their grueling lifestyle and shifted to a four day work week with a rotating four day weekend doing right by their hard working employees. Additionally their pay scale is innovative and tied directly to your abilities not your tenure. You can grind and collect raises like DnD experience points. It's also filled with good looking sharp dressed people that take pride in themselves and what they do. Trust me on this: if you're not beautiful already those freshly ironed baby blue uniforms will make you beautiful. Looking as clean as your sheet metal is a real thing here and it brings up the caliber of the entire company and forcing you to value yourself shows that the company values you as well. The culmination of all of these things leads to an organization that can only be one thing: Great. If you want to do right, look sharp, and become great this is the place for you.

Pros

Free breakfast, vending machine, great leadership

Cons

Non smoking, can't swear in the office

Best Work Environment I have ever worked in!

CM heating feels more like a home where you get to work with friends and family than a place you have to go to. Initially I was shocked at how happy, great, and productive everyone one was and keep waiting for the day where I would find ONE negative thing. The day has never happened and CM Heating has consistently shown the love, admiration, and respect to their customers and their co-workers. Get ready to love the place you work!

Pros

Tons of opportunity for Growth.

Comfortable, Safe and Fun Company

CM Heating is full of absolutely amazing people. My co-workers never fail to help, laugh, brighten your day and just be a great team member. One thing I appreciate about CM Heating is how giving they are, and how important charity is to them. We really are here to just help people as much as we can.

Pros

Snacks, Monthly Meetings, Co-workers, Benefits

Great company! By far the best place I’ve ever worked

Cm Heating is an awesome place of employment. The culture is amazing and management is fair and helpful. Very Fun work environment and very rewarding work.

Pros

Fun work environment.

Cons

Depending on the nature of the job the days can be fairly long. seasonally busy/slow.

Unmatched culture

This place carries a positive attitude and morale unlike any place I have ever worked for. They make sure their employees are not only taken care of, but genuinely happy in their work and personal lives. CM strives to make the community better through charitable events and by doing the right thing, meaning they never try to take advantage of someone's situation for monetary gain. Such a trustworthy place with integrity. The home/work-life balance is a cinch! I felt no stresses between the two. I also loved that they are very accepting of your thoughts as a co-worker of how to implement new strategies/creative ideas. All in all, you won't be disappointed working here. The sky is the limit! 10/10 recommend!

Pros

Complimentary Snacks, Positive Morale, Teamwork, Fun Events, Random Paid Days Off

Cons

literally NONE

Jobs at CM Heating

in Everett, WA
See more jobs

Awesome company with so many great people.

This company has an amazing group of people working there from the installers to the service technicians all the way up too the top of management. Everyone here cares for each other and management really makes sure that their employees are taken care of.

Pros

Free vending machine

Kind People Are My Kind of People

I learn something new literally every day, which is pretty neat. But the culture, overall, is what keeps me the happiest. If you make a mistake, you aren't belittled. If you don't know something, no one makes you feel less than, they simply just help. No one refers to themselves as "your boss", we are all just co-workers trying to help make people's lives a little better.

Pros

Free snacks, no judgement

The best place to work

This is a fun outgoing exciting place to work. I left a corporate company that I worked at for 23 years. It was the best decision I ever made was to apply and work for CM Heating. The co workers here are so nice and so willing to help out. We are like family. Everyone is happy and friendly it makes it a joy to come to work. Even the customers love us.

Pros

There are so many pros to write. Fun, Friendly, Positive, Atomosphere

Fun Place To Work

This is the most fun Ive had working at a company. This industry can really burn you out, but CM Heating goes out of their way to make you feel valued and appreciated. I will never leave!

Amazing work place with absolutely phenomenal co-workers!

The work culture here is amazing! . The mangers here do not refer to themselves as mangers, we are all equal and refer to one another as co-workers. Co-workers here are happy, friendly, caring and truly genuine. I can honestly say I have never worked for such an AWESOME company.

Pros

Positive work environment! Happy people!

Great Place to Work

I came to CM Heating from a difference HVAC company with a very toxic work environment. CM Heating employees made me feel right at home, right away. I felt extremely supported by all management and always felt like they wanted me to succeed. The proved that by actually showing appreciation for their employees, which let me tell you, that is hard to find nowadays! Many companies don't even take the time to tell employees how they are doing. I truly loved my time at CM and I miss them dearly! I should note: I moved out of state which is the only reason I left!

Pros

4 day work week, benefits, culture, the best coworkers

Manipulative, Restrictive and Deceptive Workplace

CM is an average small to medium size hvac shop with the ego of a multinational corporation. Management is inconsistent, manipulative and frankly weird. This company has a high turnover rate and guys rarely last more than a year or two, not because they want to leave but because management fires people at the drop of a hat. Forgot a belt? Fired. Stained teeth? Fired. Got a call back or two on a crazy job? Fired. I have never worked in such a toxic environment as CM. The install head is FAKE AF. He will smile to your face and tell you he's impressed with your work or grateful you handled a situation and then the next day tell you that he doesn't know if are a "culture fit" for the company. They apride themselves on dehumanizing you and turning you into a brand. This employer has a hero complex with a villains heart. In 2020 (not covid related) they fired about 20 people alone. The company has approximately 50 total workers. Most had worked there for years. The owner is sociopath, he enjoys firing people, likes to watch...like i said--weird. Pros: (because I can be objective)4 day work week (seriously the best thing ever)

Pros

4 day work week

Cons

bad healthcare manipulative management

Official response from CM Heating

November 13, 2020
My name is Brandon Jones, and I am the Chief Culture Officer at CM Heating. I appreciate the opportunity to have you read my response to this review. This is a really tough review to respond to. Mostly because most of the things here are not factual. We certainly are not perfect and when we receive reviews that are not positive, there are usually a few things that we can "own" that the reviewer mentions. Heck, some of our 1 star reviews have helped us to make things better. This one though is just really far off base. We are a very fun and laid back place to work, and we pride ourselves on our culture. I would encourage anyone reading this to consider the following. We have never released an employee for not wearing a belt, forgetting to brush their teeth, or getting a few callbacks. This statement is simply false. We do, like most places have a uniform standard. Even our owners wear a uniform to work. As for "firing about 20 people" this also is not true. We did lay off 85% of our work force due to COVID, but we did bring back nearly every employee and have actually hired 26 new people since re-opening the company on May the 4th.To be completely transparent, we have terminated 3 individuals from employment since May 4th. The environment here is anything but toxic. How could we have become the top rated company on every review site if this were true? As far as the statements about our install manager and owner, come by and meet them sometime and see for yourself. I think that you will find them both to be pretty cool dudes.From time to time, like any business, we do -

Great Place to Work

CM Heating is a great place to work! Super fun and inviting culture. They really care about people, both their customers as well as their employees, and it shows!

positive environment with awesome coworkers!

Ive been in the HVAC trade for most of my life and Ive never had the pleasure of working at a company with such a positive and supportive culture. the managers really go above and beyond to prove how much they value their employees and customers. I cant think of another company that ive worked at where I have been so excited to go to work everyday!

All around awesome place to work

It’s hard to find another company Like CM heating, they truly care about their employees and constantly strive to create a fun and positive culture. Everyone is happy and friendly. Management is easy to talk to and supportive. They always do right by the customer. Couldn’t imagine working anywhere else at this point.

Pros

Positive culture and Great management

Productive and Fun Environment

As soon as you come through that office door you are always greeted by everyone and you instantly feel welcomed! The big thing for me was finding a company that cared about their employees and CM heating ALWAYS puts their employees first. I feel so valued and like I'm getting to make a difference in peoples lives!

Pros

Fun atmosphere
  • CM Heating