CME Group Culture reviews

Good
Quantitative Analyst in OTC Pricing and Valuation (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2018
I really enjoy working in CME Group. People here are so friendly and the job culture is so good. I can balance my work and life so good. I learned a lot here.
Competitive environment and great place to work
DevOps Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2018
Competitive environment and great place to work. Everyone at the company was extremely friendly and engaging. Good place to start and grow a career. Highly recommend
Excellent Corporation
Financial Futures Broker/Trader/Associate Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2017
They Gave Me A Wonderful Opportunity To Become Very Successful As A Member Of Their Exchange!! Very Respected Futures Exchange That I'm Proud To Be A Part Of!!
Pros
Proffessional Establishment
Cons
Non That I Can Think Of
if you just want to make money
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILOctober 19, 2017
its a great place if you just want a paycheck , very competitive , good old boy network, lacks diversity, no support , fires the good employees to keep the cliques in place.lots of turnover.
Pros
high salaries
Cons
lots of turnover
Good company to work
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
Good company with work life balance. PTO was great. Good efficient coworkers. Company culture was also great. I didnt have any complaints. No problems.
Fast paced environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
Fast paced environment. The company is healthy and also trying to improve their button number. They are very customer oriented. Customers/members are top priority.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2017
I enjoyed my time at CMI Group Dallas location. My time there I learned a lot dealing with customers and their accounts. My typical hours were M-F 10pm-7pm
CME Group Environment
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
Very Challenging environment
Excellent teams both in IT and FP&A / SIA groups
Had an opportunity to make some really good friends
Most competitive pay compare to other companies
worked as a trader for myself
Futures Trader (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 27, 2017
Everyday it was up to me to find opportunities in the market. income was based on your success daily. you ate what you killed. it was a very competitive environment.
Pros
total work life balance
Cons
no health insurance no security
Excellent, Dynamic Environment
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
CME Group was perhaps the best workplace I have personally experienced although I would say it is not for the faint of heart if you wish to excel and move up the ranks demonstrating the capcity to lead amongst leaders is at minimum a prerequisite.
Pros
Great team members who support group growth, excellent compensation packages
Nice people
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Good place for stable job in your later years, not so much for fresh grad out of college. Co-workers were nice. Women's initiative at the firm is commendable.
A very productive place on the edge of innovation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2015
Every corporate environment is expected to have red tape and politics, but the focus was always in making sure I executed my role in supporting staff and management in the best way possible. Without the liberty of the management team enabling my ideas and innovation to be implemented in my role, my development and growth could had been stunted but, I was able to operate out of the box and help to standardize effective process improvement administratively in several areas of the technology division. I have learned many things from my colleagues that promoted this growth professionally and personally. I would definitely say that CME Group takes care of the employees investing in their development. As people grow professionally and personally, the company grows. Change is not always easy but doable if open and flexible.The most enjoyable times were interacting and collaborating with, not just a department, but a team working towards the same goal for the company. Unfortunately, due to budget constraints, many were affected by the lay-off.
Pros
Inhouse training made available for employee development and continuous growth, work life balance, and great benefits
Cons
Budget cuts and massive lay-offs
The people
Enterprise Solutions Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2015
There seemed to be no functional culture here. Strict management creates some stress for employees. The company is in a great location and most of my peers here were knowledgeable and fun.
A Day at Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2015
A Day at Work involves employees responsibilities for their assignments.

I learned some experience during my assignments.

The management are experienced. They direct their employees to their assignments.

The co-workers can be co-operate in anyone shows his respect to others.

The hardest part of the job was the long assignments that can take hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that getting things done on time.
Great first job
Advanced Examiner (Auditor) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
Great first job out of college and a great learning environment, but not a lot of room for growth. Management is great about creating a work life balance, especially for an auditing role. Great coworkers that keep the work interesting.
CMEgroup is a great place to learn about new technology
Technology Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago,ILMay 24, 2015
the culture was great
the people are well educated and really awesome
there is room to grow but only if you make commitment of staying in the same desk
Ever Changing; Great Colleagues
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2015
CME was a great company to work for especially during the IPO and merger/acquisitions of CBOT and NYMEX. I had many great experiences with incredibly talented colleagues. The pace was fast and ambiguous which made for interesting days. I found my niche with project management and enjoyed the variety of complex projects I was fortunate to implement. I've learned best practices and building relationships are extremely important to the success of projects with great communication as the foundation. The hardest part of the job for me was actually the commute.
Pros
Salary, pension, bonuses
Cons
Commute, changing culture
Fast-paced environment but very rewarding workplace
Senior Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
Great financial institution! All coworkers are top-notch professionals. Benefits are great and workload never gets boring.
Fast paced
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2015
The best in its industry, CME Group continues to grow and change with the business and takes its shareholders seriously. Great group of hardworking people.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very demanding.
Fun workplace to learn something
Junior Quantitative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2015
CME Group is a great place to work. You can learn many things from co-workers and people at CME work efficiently. Daily workload is not heavy. Managers are pretty nice there and they helped the entry-level people in many ways.