CMG Financial Employee Reviews

Cool Place to work
Remote Conventional Mortgage Underwriter Level 2 (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I worked remote from Ohio so my interaction with the staff was limited. Good experience with those I came in contact with. Like most mortgage companies job security is an issue. Pay was sufficient.
Account Manager for Wholesale Lending (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 18, 2019
the job was very fast pace. Stressful at time. Open door policy with manager. Customer service was main priority. I worked with a great Account Executive that had was very supportive.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Stressfull at times
Great Place to work
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2019
The best mortgage company I've worked for. The local management is Fantastic along with Fantastic Corporate management. Fantastic, Underwriting and closing departments
Productive and fun place to work. Great team concept.
DE / SAR / LAPP SR. UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 25, 2018
Although I was laid off due to slow down, I would come back In a minute if asked. I wanted to retire from CMG. I loved working for this company. CMG's motto is: Every customer, Every time, No Exceptions, No excuses! We lived by the Code.
Pros
Lots of inter office activities and award programs.
Cons
Lay offs
Productive and good place to work
Wholesale Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 21, 2018
Enjoyed the work and felt like I was team member (part of a family) not just a number. Getting to work remote was a bonus, I was happy to be able to work in Wholesale Mortgage world again and was confident in the work I did.
Branch was amazing, overall company not so much
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORNovember 17, 2018
The office I worked at was amazing, the people were very supportive team players, the pay was okay, the advancement opportunities were very slim, and upper management was two-faced and hypocritical most of the time.
Pros
Very good workplace culture, co-workers were great, ability to work remotely if needed
Cons
Compensation subpar, upper management/corporate not great, very few advancement opportunities
Should only be a last resort
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 12, 2018
Average job in the mortgage banking industry. Nepotism is real in CMG. If you are not part of “The Family” don’t expect to be promoted. Most higher ups have been at the company 10+ years or are family friends. No guidelines for reviews/pay raises. Must go directly to department head for any chance of raise.
Pros
Employees are generally good people, good location, Pto
Cons
Pay, Nepotism, repetitive
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORNovember 14, 2018
Enjoyed with the office staff not so much he corporate staff. The office staff proved the best work environment they could with the limited corporate support
A typical day at CMG.
Mortgage Credit Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 8, 2018
I have not worked at CMG for a long time and any thing I would say would by old and not the same anymore. My job was to review the closed loan file to make sure it met all the guidelines set by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. This loans were older and looking to be purchased by CMG.
Ok place to work, but unpredictable
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2018
I worked at CMG for 10 months and we had 4 "reduction in workforce" moments and I made the list on #4. Market was definitely softening, but company wasn't aggressive enough to keep the wheel rolling.

I worked with some good people, but the product line is too vanilla and the process isn't special enough for a highly competitive business.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not good enough to make a difference in the market
Nepotism and working off the clock
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 15, 2018
Unless you are relative or an insider there is no future here. There is an unspoken rule that you should work off the clock but don't get caught. Promises are made when hired that will never come to fruition.
Pros
Cons
no support
day at work
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 16, 2018
processed loans begin to end. Management was somewhat good. Co-workers team players are team players. no room for growth. Busy and feeling productive
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
no advancement very stagnent and no raises
Enjoyed working there because of other employees
Mortgage loan Shipper (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 4, 2018
Not much of advancement a lot of favoritism unless you were in the in crowd there was no growth or chance you would last after a layoff. Raises were not often and low pay hourly
Pros
Some emplyees were great
Cons
No raises
When things get slow in this business, you have to start worrying about your job
PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 8, 2018
I really enjoy being a Loan Processor, but when things get slow and you have to start worrying if you'll continue to have a job, there is serious stress.
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2018
Open floor work plan, great team of people. Atypical day would be underwriting 5 loans a day and clearing condition for 3/5 loans a day. Great management team.
Pros
lots of free lunch
Cons
lots of free lunch
They will let u go & not bat an eye
Post Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 18, 2018
As stated before lay offs happen A LOT. The upper management is not loyal to employees that have invested years of time & dedication, if a friend or family member needs a job your gone. I have seen hard working people laid off just because a managers sister needs a job.
5 years ago it was a great company to work for, in the last 3 years it has just gone down hill.
I would never work for CMG again. I am glad I was "paroled" from there. Bigger and better things are out there dont stop at CMG 1st just pass Go!!! Collect your $200 dollars somewhere else.
Pros
Olden days Free FOOD... not so much now
Cons
You cant advance unless Ur family or friends. Most the time U know more thank whis above U
Mortgage Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Company need major structures, Poor Management and always laid offs. Poor training. Looks like sinking ship just like the titanic. No raise, no recognition, no reviews. Point Blank my honest opinion keep away from CMG.
Pros
None.
Overall good company
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 31, 2018
Good company to work for. Excellent work ethic in all employees with great leadership from management. The only major issue is that the company uses a foreign company for file sorting and review. Closing the door shut for opportunities and causing major laid-off as it is cheaper to pay them rather than us.
Pros
awesome work ethic
Cons
Constant laid-offs for volume
Friendly people.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 17, 2018
Nice people, very busy, hard to connect with management for fixing issues.
Lots of opportunities to learn new roles and programs.
Organization and finishing tasks is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Occasional free food and gifts.
Cons
Pressure to not to take breaks to keep up on work.
Work place
Funder (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 23, 2018
I have enjoyed the opportunity to work from home the last 14 months. It has really helped my family in many ways. I only wish my time with CMG could have been long term.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMG Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss