CMG Financial Employee Reviews

Great People to work with.
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
My day included greeting clients, phones, keeping and supplying the kitchen and responsible for all equipment and office supplies. Mail included distribution and sending overnight packages. Sometimes I assisted individual loan officers in special marketing projects. Made sure that all licenses were displayed and current.

The workplace was extremely pleasant and fun with great management and great co-workers....a family type atmosphere. I had the ability to take 9 or more financial classes (required) per year for my position which kept me abreast of financial institution laws and methods of operation. That was a great learning experience.

In my first year at this office, there were many personality clashes and management problems. Once those were solved with new staff, there was nothing difficult about this job. It was a relaxed pace with great people to work with and the ability to help whoever needed it. The atmosphere was the most enjoyable part of the job..
Pros
Great Atmosphere and staff
Cons
15 miles from home
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 13, 2018
Loved working in this environment. Very safe and encouraging work place. Relaxed as well as professional with work getting done at the time stated and no lack of commitment to excellence.
Closer
Closer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 21, 2018
Management was awesome and I leaned so much. The team was awesome. Would recommend employment. Co workers made it a fun environment. Team work was not ever an issue.
Loved cmg ~ good people - system was just ok
Wholesale Underwriter - DE/Conventional (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMay 18, 2018
Loved working for CMG Wholesale Lake Oswego branch. I was remote, but felt part of the team. Transitioning from Data Trac to the new Byte system was handled very well, and Byte is just an "okay" system. It is similar to Encompass, but not as "make sense" structured. Inputting conditions was the most difficult part.

My manager was pretty darn awesome! Loved working for her since she would fight for the loans, she's very knowledgable, FAST, polite and easy to talk with.
ok
Recruiter and Manager of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2018
This company had a lot of potentials to grow but the hirer management did not properly manage the companies growth and hindered the process. The reality of promising growth but bringing shackles prevents growth for the entire culture,
Pros
Immediate manager were the perfect person to work for.
Cons
Above management did not manage well.
Remote position with a lot of support
VA/FHA Purchase Auditor (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 18, 2018
CMG always provide a lot of support for it's remote staff including training, video phones and the capability to make decisions with support from Corporate staff.
Decent company but was lacking in funding
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 3, 2018
The company did not support the office i worked at and gave little in management as well.
The branch i worked at was short lived due to the lack of support.
Pros
nice office
Cons
management
Nepotism at it's finest within underwriting dept
UNDERWRITER (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 16, 2018
I recommend to not even bother with this company. It doesn't matter how experienced one is. If not favored by management, you are an outcast. I know this can be common in many workplaces; however, I have never experienced this to the degree I have witnessed at CMG. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY INVESTING YOURSELF AND PASSION FOR THE INDUSTRY INTO THIS JOKE. I am ready to get out!
Productive Workplace
Senior Underwriter/Credit Auditor -Remote (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAApril 10, 2018
Productive workplace, Community of co-workers come together twice a year for time with each other and management for overview of the year and what is to come in the coming year.
Assistant Loan Processor/Loan Officer Asst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 9, 2018
This was a great place to work. Everyone willing to assist on anything needed. I loved working at the Franklin Office. Everyone there so experienced and willing to help if needed. I learned so much being there.
Pros
Great People and atmosphere
Cons
If you get transferred to assist in another office, you may loose your job.
Inconsistent
Loan Officer/Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2018
The company was certainly experiencing growing pains, especially in Texas.

The corporate leadership seemed engaged and professional, but there were too many levels of management and local leadership was unimpressive.

The compensation for sales is great compared to local competitors, but this was countered by underpaid support staff and challenges acquiring good support talent.

Real Estate is hot in the area where I worked so the business is there for the taking. In exchange for the higher compensation plans for sales be prepared to bear more of the responsibility for each deal.
Pros
Compensation for sales, strong executive team, Good benefits
Cons
Lack of Support, Middle-management suppression
Fun workplace
Sr. Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2018
Great place to work. Looking for a second job. Management is great. It is a commission job and need to supplement income. Every month is different and this is our slow time in the industry.
Pros
Great company and management
Cons
If you are not within the management clique, forget it. No advancement can be anticipated.
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 15, 2018
Managers have very poor management skills. Very high favoritism. They treat people outside their cliques so unfairly. They do not admit it of course but their manager are 90% white.
Pros
Cons
Management has favoritism
Good place as long as you're busy
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, WIMarch 7, 2018
Same as above - When I didn't have enough files, I offered to work on additional files from other offices but they didn't give me the opportunity to do that.
Not really Family like they say
DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 1, 2018
Great place to work, however never received a pay raise. Got laid off after training people in India my job. Was told several times not to worry they were just for overflow, apparently not.....
Jr Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Telecommuting from my home office was very nice. The company provided all the equipment I needed to perform my job functions. Work was plentiful initially but dropped off to the point where I had to reach out and offer assistance multiple times a day. I didn't interact with management much and was shifted to multiple departments/supervisors during my tenure. Pay and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Lack of direction and structure
Awesome
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 12, 2018
What a great place to work. Lots of products and great pay. I have really enjoyed myself working for the company. CMG really takes care of the employees.
Products and pricing were nothing out of the ordinary
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I was a sales rep for this company. The products and pricing they had were nothing out of the ordinary. Management was ok. The operations staff was ok.
Pros
Great training provided
Cons
Products and pricing
Cmg financial
Registration Coordinator, Wholesale Lending (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 24, 2017
It is a really nice place to work .
I have learned so much about Mortgage and finances .
My boss is patient an attendance all our questions and needs
fast paced, good management
Senior Government RE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORNovember 8, 2017
Fast paced, good management, competitive pay, high employee turn over due to market conditions in real estate. The people are very experienced and know the business.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
high employee turn over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMG Financial. Our community is ready to answer.