CMG Financial Employee Reviews

Nepotism and working off the clock
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 15, 2018
Unless you are relative or an insider there is no future here. There is an unspoken rule that you should work off the clock but don't get caught. Promises are made when hired that will never come to fruition.
Pros
Cons
no support
Ok place to work, but unpredictable
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2018
I worked at CMG for 10 months and we had 4 "reduction in workforce" moments and I made the list on #4. Market was definitely softening, but company wasn't aggressive enough to keep the wheel rolling.

I worked with some good people, but the product line is too vanilla and the process isn't special enough for a highly competitive business.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not good enough to make a difference in the market
A typical day at CMG.
Mortgage Credit Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 8, 2018
I have not worked at CMG for a long time and any thing I would say would by old and not the same anymore. My job was to review the closed loan file to make sure it met all the guidelines set by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. This loans were older and looking to be purchased by CMG.
day at work
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 16, 2018
processed loans begin to end. Management was somewhat good. Co-workers team players are team players. no room for growth. Busy and feeling productive
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
no advancement very stagnent and no raises
When things get slow in this business, you have to start worrying about your job
PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 8, 2018
I really enjoy being a Loan Processor, but when things get slow and you have to start worrying if you'll continue to have a job, there is serious stress.
Enjoyed working there because of other employees
Mortgage loan Shipper (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 4, 2018
Not much of advancement a lot of favoritism unless you were in the in crowd there was no growth or chance you would last after a layoff. Raises were not often and low pay hourly
Pros
Some emplyees were great
Cons
No raises
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2018
Open floor work plan, great team of people. Atypical day would be underwriting 5 loans a day and clearing condition for 3/5 loans a day. Great management team.
Pros
lots of free lunch
Cons
lots of free lunch
They will let u go & not bat an eye
Post Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 18, 2018
As stated before lay offs happen A LOT. The upper management is not loyal to employees that have invested years of time & dedication, if a friend or family member needs a job your gone. I have seen hard working people laid off just because a managers sister needs a job.
5 years ago it was a great company to work for, in the last 3 years it has just gone down hill.
I would never work for CMG again. I am glad I was "paroled" from there. Bigger and better things are out there dont stop at CMG 1st just pass Go!!! Collect your $200 dollars somewhere else.
Pros
Olden days Free FOOD... not so much now
Cons
You cant advance unless Ur family or friends. Most the time U know more thank whis above U
Mortgage Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Company need major structures, Poor Management and always laid offs. Poor training. Looks like sinking ship just like the titanic. No raise, no recognition, no reviews. Point Blank my honest opinion keep away from CMG.
Pros
None.
Friendly people.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 17, 2018
Nice people, very busy, hard to connect with management for fixing issues.
Lots of opportunities to learn new roles and programs.
Organization and finishing tasks is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Occasional free food and gifts.
Cons
Pressure to not to take breaks to keep up on work.
Overall good company
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 31, 2018
Good company to work for. Excellent work ethic in all employees with great leadership from management. The only major issue is that the company uses a foreign company for file sorting and review. Closing the door shut for opportunities and causing major laid-off as it is cheaper to pay them rather than us.
Pros
awesome work ethic
Cons
Constant laid-offs for volume
Work place
Funder (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 23, 2018
I have enjoyed the opportunity to work from home the last 14 months. It has really helped my family in many ways. I only wish my time with CMG could have been long term.
Great People to work with.
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
My day included greeting clients, phones, keeping and supplying the kitchen and responsible for all equipment and office supplies. Mail included distribution and sending overnight packages. Sometimes I assisted individual loan officers in special marketing projects. Made sure that all licenses were displayed and current.

The workplace was extremely pleasant and fun with great management and great co-workers....a family type atmosphere. I had the ability to take 9 or more financial classes (required) per year for my position which kept me abreast of financial institution laws and methods of operation. That was a great learning experience.

In my first year at this office, there were many personality clashes and management problems. Once those were solved with new staff, there was nothing difficult about this job. It was a relaxed pace with great people to work with and the ability to help whoever needed it. The atmosphere was the most enjoyable part of the job..
Pros
Great Atmosphere and staff
Cons
15 miles from home
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 13, 2018
Loved working in this environment. Very safe and encouraging work place. Relaxed as well as professional with work getting done at the time stated and no lack of commitment to excellence.
Management needs improvements
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 8, 2018
Was very happen when I started the company, building out the Operations Team, working with great Sales force. New Management was brought in and the Company was not the same. Not a change for the good.
Closer
Closer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 21, 2018
Management was awesome and I leaned so much. The team was awesome. Would recommend employment. Co workers made it a fun environment. Team work was not ever an issue.
Loved cmg ~ good people - system was just ok
Wholesale Underwriter - DE/Conventional (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMay 18, 2018
Loved working for CMG Wholesale Lake Oswego branch. I was remote, but felt part of the team. Transitioning from Data Trac to the new Byte system was handled very well, and Byte is just an "okay" system. It is similar to Encompass, but not as "make sense" structured. Inputting conditions was the most difficult part.

My manager was pretty darn awesome! Loved working for her since she would fight for the loans, she's very knowledgable, FAST, polite and easy to talk with.
ok
Recruiter and Manager of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2018
This company had a lot of potentials to grow but the hirer management did not properly manage the companies growth and hindered the process. The reality of promising growth but bringing shackles prevents growth for the entire culture,
Pros
Immediate manager were the perfect person to work for.
Cons
Above management did not manage well.
Remote position with a lot of support
VA/FHA Purchase Auditor (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 18, 2018
CMG always provide a lot of support for it's remote staff including training, video phones and the capability to make decisions with support from Corporate staff.
Decent company but was lacking in funding
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 3, 2018
The company did not support the office i worked at and gave little in management as well.
The branch i worked at was short lived due to the lack of support.
Pros
nice office
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMG Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss