CMX Cinemas
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

CMX Cinemas Employee Reviews

United States273 reviews

cmxcobbtheaterpopcornconcessionfreetheatreticket

not a very good place to work at if you want a place that appreciates you

There is no room for advancement at this job and there is no sense of accomplishment or appreciation. if you just want a first job or a job to kill time then this is perfect but if you are looking for long term employment this is not the place.

Pros

good coworkers

Cons

short breaks, poor wages, not a good environment, Extremely understaffed

Fun Workplace

It's fun and is very easy work. I enjoy working with everyone at CMX. Very inconsistent hours though. The management is quite literally the worst management of all time.

CMX Cinemas insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good benefits but bad energy

The good thing is the benefit of being able to get movie tickets and having 50% off on food. The bad thing is a lot of favoritism, coworkers talk bad about you and make up rumors, managers don’t do anything to help you succeed they just come up with excuses.

Fun and fast paced

Free movie tickets and plenty to do and learn. Discounted food and a chance to move up in the company if you work hard. Managers are understanding and nice.

Great Environment. Poor Corporate Leadership.

The location was great to be in. The management team were fantastic and very welcoming and the staff all got along. Everyone there enjoyed being there. On the flip side the communication from corporate was horrible. Everything is always last minute. Pay is horrible for that area and goodluck getting a response about anything important but if you do get a response, expect it to be condescending.

Great employees, no good management/corporate

It was fun working with the employees i made friends as well and we all got along, But it was so unorganized and they would have you do other tasks then what you were scheduled for even with a float. Also they may be a little racism in this company I was let go over a misunderstanding I contacted corporate and they told me they would do an “investigation” but never called me back to follow up or anything. I may have to go to court idk.

easy but not worth it

the job is pretty easy for the most part, you could be on any different position depending on what they put you on, you dont really get to decide. when its busy, its busy. cleaning those theaters during spiderman for 10/hr wasnt worth it and never will be. hours suck too, during normal weeks i got 3 days if i was lucky, usually 2

Fun job, decent pay, FREE MOVIES!!!

Fun job, not too hard, pay is good, and you get to see FREE movies! Job perks like employee rewards program, free popcorn, friends and family movies with pizza, half off or free food. Lots of different positions to work so there's alot of variety. Managers are good. They are helpful and fun to work with.

Fun workplace

It is a great first job. I recommend it for anyone starting out. A typical day consists of you either being in concessions, usher, or box office. You know before hand.

Pros

Free popcorn

Cons

A lot of standing

Fun fast paced environment. Everyone I’ve met at this job has been nice and pleasant and helpful and very positive.

What a nice bunch of people. I immediately felt comfortable and supported in my training and the job perks are awesome. The hours and the pay is amazing. The management is doing a great job. I feel blessed.

Pros

Free movies and popcorn

Cons

Health care could be provided with time.

It was an ok place to work

It was a decent place to work for but not make a career out of it. Management are never on the same page. They show favoritism. They mostly cared about cutting hours, revenue, and secret shoppers.

Pros

Free movies and meals

Cons

Poor communication, they don’t encourage relationships/friendships, bend rules and favoritism

What is the best part of working at ?Flexibility with hours, short shifts, good pay, good coworkersWhat is the most stressful part about working at CMX Cinemas?Customer service What is the work environment and culture like at Cobb Theaters?Supportive, tight knit

Fun if you are a teen or young adult

I worked here about ten years ago. I recently applied again after being a stay at home parent and just needing flexibility since childcare is an issue for me. Unfortunately, i found that management are the same people who had been around forever. Also, then and now the interview process was way overblown for the type of job it is. Lots of questions that require deep thought with a definite wrong answer. They use secret shoppers to ensure you upsell and cross sell and will write you up if they find out you didn't. For minimum pay, they expect maximum effort. The hours suck. They don't staff a lot of people during the day so there's a lot of time spent alone in box office or cleaning the theaters. You are expected to clean or simply wait for the next guest most of the time because depending on which manager is on, you better not be caught reading or something even though noone has walked up for almost an hour. Honestly, the best part was working with other floor staff on busy nights. When its good, it's a blast. Otherwise, this place takes itself way too seriously which leads to high turnover. Save yourself some trouble and find a better job with higher pay that won't squeeze every red cent out of you.

Pros

Free movies

Cons

High expectations, low pay, odd hours

Fun people when I was there, management made it hard to work mainly just 1 manager.

Real shame it was a nice piece to work, but all it took was one overbearing manager. Think about the most annoying, disgusting, and shockingly unaware person you know and put them in a position of power. People were fun to work with however.

Pros

Free movies

Cons

It’s customer service, nuff said

Lacks proper management

Could potentially be a good place to work but definitely lacks proper management and leadership. Management rewards length of time worked over quality workers and honestly it’s pretty much a free for all.

Poor GM plus over-emphasis of secret shops ultimately drove me away.

Secret shops are all they care about… they also change the way they operate constantly which is frustrating for both guests and staff. Horrible management GREATLY affects the job satisfaction on the daily. A heavy-delegating general manager with a total lack of respect for his staff coupled with multiple instances of shady business practices is why I ultimately parted ways with the company.

Long Hours, Low Support

Working as a manager in house, you can expect 55-60 hour work days, with no compensation (it is agreed you work 50 hour days for your salary). Zero work life balance as movies run 365 days a year, lots of missed holidays. Holiday bonus is one payment of $250. Strict PTO guidelines, imagine trying to go see family, and a new MCU movie is scheduled to be released...they release a lot of movies. Upper management unaware of daily operations and what works across different theatre locations, want to cookie cut something that was unique to each location. Pros: usually managers bonded on the inadequacies of upper management. staff was usually good people. free movies, and manager meal.Cons: PTO, no balance, underpaid, incompetent upper management

Good pay but could be better

It's not a bad serving job if you can be promoted! They have solid benefits for a restaurant and management wasn't awful. I'd recommend working here for the experience.

Pros

1/2 lunch

Cons

no breaks

If your an adult not a good place to work

Overall, the big issue with this company is the pay it gives per hour. With every other company moving their wages up, its hard to stay here and get paid 10.25 an hour. There is also issues with some of the staff and the managers. For example communication is a huge major issue with this company and if you want communication then don’t work here. This company always changes and it will most likely this location in specific will fail. On top of the issues with fellow staff and managers there is also issue with guests. That is all I am going to say about the guests. But on another note they are cutting hours and if you are an adult I would look elsewhere. This job pays bi weekly and you will be lucky to get 500 on your paycheck. Overall, this place was good for a bit and now it is falling apart. Also be prepared to answer the number one question: where are the STRAWS!?

Pros

Free movies and posters Half off food

Cons

Short breaks, Communication issues, Not encouraging staff or managers, Bias managers (they grade you), Lazy staff (at times), Long nights at times, Pay is not worth it, Ask you to do more than what is written on job requirements.

Awesome work terrible company/management

I loved working here the work was super easy and fun! Pay wasn’t good and management was absolutely terrible! (I’d still be working there if management wasn’t so awful) They talk down to you and don’t care about you as a person they had favorites that got special treatment and they always made sure to make you feel awful about yourself! Overall they don’t care about staff even if something bad happens better get to work and make us money or we’ll tell you how insignificant you are!

Pros

Free movies

Cons

Pay, management, favouritism, no good discount

Minimum wage, and aggressive environment

Very cliquey work environment and managers hold on to grudges and play favorites. Will randomly cut hours if managers are upset with you. They allow bullying to occur a lot. You won’t feel safe working here. Good benefits like free food and free movie passes but that’s it. If you try to speak up for yourself at all the management & team members will shut you down. Plus you only get paid minimum wage v.s. other CMX locations that pay you more. 3/10 wouldn’t recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMX Cinemas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare CMX Cinemas with

CMX Cinemas reviews by popular job title

• CMX Cinemas