CNG Holdings

CNG Holdings Employee Reviews

United States1,282 reviews

Found 1,282 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,296 reviews

Not a bad place to work

Have to multi task, too much expectation for the job. You have to work independently and alive mostly. Again pay not bad full benefits but you have to do way too much to comply with company expectations

Pros

OverallPay was fair for position

Cons

Expectation too high

Not a good place to work

You would think a place where you do not work late evenings, Sunday, and you are in an office would be a great place to work. Wrong. I am a store manager in a very high income area. So most people who want a loan can go to the bank and get one without paying 200% interest. But keep in mind this company targets people who have less than perfect credit. IE...they don't pay their bills. This is a very stressful and sometimes dangerous environment. As a manager you have no say so in approving a loan. That is the decision of the underwriters. But when the customers do not pay (again keep in mind these are people with low credit scores) it is your fault. And you can be written up or fired for this. There are people who are given loans even after defaulting on a loan with us before and then again when they do not pay you are in trouble. You also have to deal with crazy people. I have prayed for a customer to get a loan more than once because I was afraid of what they customer would do to me if they didn't get one. I had a customer start throwing things and pounding on my desk because she didn't get one. Then this past weekend I saw her at a comedy show and she came over and started screaming at me to where I had to have security remove her. In my state we do not cash checks and we are not allowed to put a sign on the door indicating that we do not have cash on the premises. If your store is an under performing store, forget about getting sick. I called in sick once in 10 months and was written up. The DM also just changes the schedule without asking first if you have plans. -

CNG Holdings insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Shifty morales and work ethics

Management is clicky, and non supportive. Questionable work ethics and morales. Hostile work environment with bullies for leaders. I have spent more than 20 years in leadership and have never come across a company with such low integrity.

Cons

Long hours, high work load expectations, no support, no training

Toxic

Bad Management causes a very toxic environment, resulting in a constant staffing shortage. All that matters to this company is calls and numbers. You are always being threatened with your job.

Struggling Company

A great deal of changes took place over time and some were good and some were very poor. The original focus and directional drive slowly shifted and the company lost its forward thinking initiative.

Cng is a very good company with alot of benefits and wonderful workplace. You will not be disappointed with the whole hiring and work experience process

Pros

Benefits and PTO time & paid travel

Great company

Cng is amazing they really care about their employees they empathize with you and try and help in every way,n they never judge at all. I look forward to making this my career choice.

All the extremely great benefits you have with this company

This company has some amazing benefits as well as new upcoming benefits and trainings this company really cares about their employees and their house will beans and their families

Good customer

Friendly customer, job fast pace, able to sit, good pay..DDO manager easy to with. The manager training is easy and the manager guide and work with you.

Pros

Pto

Cons

Short break

Family

I love the job and hours. It was very easy after training. It was like a family. Good scheduling had PTO. Benefits were great. If it didn’t close I’ll still be there.

Good company to work for with great management support.

Had an amazing Disctrict Manager and loved my coworkers. Great hours, good benefits, decent pay and I was good at my job. Only reason I left was because I relocated to a state where they aren't located. I miss the job and my manager and work family and customers. By far my favorite job. I mainly worked alone and was fine with that and in my down time made phone calls and tried to build the business. They treat employees fairly and have competitive wages and benefits. If I had the opportunity to return I definitely would.

Typical Corporate Culture

The hierarchy reigns supreme at Check N Go. The hours are long but not outrageous. What is good for the whole culture is where this company fails. No free will in thinking or any type of marketing outside the box. Company wants robots to lure unsuspecting poor people into high interest loans and the viscous cycle of cash advances. Perfect place for the heartless. Be prepared to make over 100 cold phone calls a day. Be prepared to face backlash if you can't or don't.

Terrible place to work

Very little pay , they care about the company not the people upper management is unprofessional and disrespectful. Never fully staffed so you can't take time off.

Good startup Fintech Company

This is a good Fintech company that is going through growing pains. However, learns from mistakes and listens to employees constructive criticisms so always good.

Pros

Pay, benefits, you see your work is contributing to the company's overall goal.

Cons

Could be stressful for the weak at heart since this is a small company, However if you like a challenge and love to learn this is the place to be.

They don’t help you help them

I thought check n go was the dream job but they definitely proved me wrong. I worked there for 6. Months caught on well enjoyed working with my manager except when she would always leave unexpectedly with no notice at all. If you are a single parent/caregiver THIS IS NOT THE JOB FOR YOU! They coach you on things you have no control over micromanage and what you to travel within the district within short notice Al to TN with little to no accommodations gas comes out of your pocket food out of your pocket and God forbid you need a rental they will degrade you for it. However you will get reimbursed for gas at the end of the month if approved even though they will say within 24 hours.TRAVELING DOES NOT BOOST YOUR PAY

Pros

Fun competitive and decent hours

Cons

Low pay no reasonable traveling accommodations

Sales oriented loan company

The company was run on a shoestring budget and had poor working conditions. There is tons of paperwork, and the pace is super fast. Due to a limited budget, you are always understaffed.

Good place if you don't have values

DMs are always pushing- more sales, more sales! Even when it's not realistic. No coverage for home life, or even emergencies for that matter. Employees beg for more working hours but then call out. Company wants you to push sales onto customers regardless of the customer's actual needs.

Alright

Pay is below needed for finance, paid holidays and sometimes even off. Work load is a lot for one person and hard to keep employees. 10-6pm with 2 weeks of training.

A job that gives you a foot into the financial institution field

The company itself doesn't care about its employees, but thankfully, I was blessed with a good manager who did her best to help me in the field and learn things to help me get a better job. Theres lots to learn, but not alot of room to grow. 9 to 5 work day typically but only part time unless you drove to other sites which wasn't worth it to me.

Job was great job, company was great, management was horrible, Lied about promotions, and don't give credit when it's due.

Not worth the headache. If you'd like to be apart of the Zoo, perfect place for you to work. Wild work place, you'll work multiple locations after multiple people.

Very much a team work makes the dream work

I love working for this company. Management is super responsive and can count on them when ever for support at work or outside. Best place I've work in 40 years.

Pros

Provides health care options, stability, and longevity.

Cons

Lunch breaks could go back to an hour. 30 min isn't enough time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CNG Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare CNG Holdings with

CNG Holdings reviews by popular job title

• CNG Holdings