CO-OP Financial Services
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

CO-OP Financial Services Employee Reviews

CO-OP Financial Services insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Cool but high call volume

Was very hard to get a shift change.. current employees with kids said they barely see their kids and have been trying to change shifts for a year now & calls are very high volume, barely enough time to take a sip of water . I became sick with sore throat and headaches after work.

Pros

Management was nice, friendly workplace

Cons

High calls

Top-heavy company

Supervisors and managers in the call center are amazing, and care deeply about their team. They will regularly go to bat against upper management on behalf of their employees to fight for better working conditions and increased wages. Unfortunately, those requests are ignored by upper management team that seems to see those below them as tools and not as people. Employees are more and more restricted in terms of expectations. 4 seconds between calls. 21 minutes a day of non-working time allowed, outside of breaks (manage your bathroom trips carefully). Unrealistic call management expectations. If a call puts you past your break time, you either lose your break time or eat into the aforementioned 21 minutes. Work culture is laughable. Pay is below average.It’s a great place to work on honing your people skills, and a good pad for your resume, but I wouldn’t recommend it as a career path when there are better companies.

Pros

Supervisors care about your well being

Cons

Upper management does not care about your well being

Top-heavy company

They keep adding Manager positions, while basic departments need more staff. Departments don't know what others do, so there's a lot of unnecessary back and forth to answer questions. They recruite from outside, instead of training internal candidates for promotions. Tickets aren't answered in a timely manner. Department Managers and Supervisors are terrific and care, but their hands are tied by higher level management.

Pros

Good pay, great department level managers.

Cons

Bad tech support, recruit from outside instead of training

Typical Office/call center job.

Training was kind of difficult due to covid restrictions, with having to have web bases Training onsite rather than a classroom based training. Honestly, just like any other call center job.

Pros

Laid-back dress code

Cons

No pay raise unless you apply for a different position in company.

Great place to work!

Only left to start my business. I really love the people and the mission statement this company stands for. They truly helped me in my professional and personal life.

Pros

Competitive pay, concerned supervisors, family culture

Cons

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Fun work place

Friendly staff and supportive supervisor. Enjoyed my time working there. Good pay. Great culture. Good working schedules. Would recommend. :) ….

Pros

Good Pay, good work schedule

Cons

Repetitive

They care on an individual basis

The jobs easy, work is plentiful. Managers care until it impacts quota. They are semi-understanding about the “life happens” situation. It’s not a bad spot, but it definitely isn’t perfect.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Micro-managed time, borderline oppressive upper-management

Great experience for me

This company has allowed me to advance from agent to management to Account Manager. If you work hard promotions are possible. Environment work place is clean and bright.

Pros

Advancement

Cons

Need longer training for new agents

Great people, great benefits and pay

CO-OP is growing the business, technology and people. There's a lot of opportunity to advance and grow in your career. Leadership really cares about the culture and people and really stepped up for us during the Covid year and put people first.

Pros

Benefits, pay, promotion opportunities, nice people, teamwork, innovative, great CEO and leadership team

Bad Leadership

Leadership needs training on setting performance standards and not going at it ad hoc. Culture is stagnant with 2 merging companies not coming together to become one company.

Pros

Cons

Bad Leadership

Good place to work.

Good place to work. Manager helps make you successful in your job. Time off is hard to get, even when requested well in advance. But for the most part company is a good one to work for.

Fun Work Place

I love how this company treats the employees like family. Every one is always willing to assist you, about any request there may be. There is also plenty of room for growth and advancement.

Productive fun place to work

Friendly employees and supervisors ready to help you when needed with any issues you may have. They keep it interesting with extra daily and monthly incentives.

Pros

Fun and busy

Cons

Schedules

It's work

Most of my coworkers are nice and we can talk from time to time if we are not on a call. There are a lot of calls that come in. The tier you are in determines how much you can do for customers, which is most of the time not much. This causes customer's to become irritated a lot because if their credit union is busy, we get the calls and provide limited information.

Decent place to grow your skill set

Management needs some training in approachability and respect. I’ve witnessed some in positions of authority be condescending and disrespectful to others. When senior management started to change, the people who made this place great began to leave. We all should have taken notice because it wasn’t a good sign. Lots of new faces from the new leaders former employer came aboard.My supervisor at the time was a great mentor, who offered challenges and room for growth for those willing to take initiative. My specific department was a good team atmosphere, and very cooperative and productive group. I enjoyed what I did and was told I was good at it. However when asking for promotions or raises, you were shot down or led on. Great place to start your banking/financial services career, but don’t expect to be happy there for long.

Pros

Comfortable office setting, free meals

Cons

Little room for growth, poor management styles

Fun

Calm and relaxing job really I wasn’t the type to really deal w people at the time just because I didn’t have patience’s at the time of the job but they are very caring

Cons

Short lunch they don’t let you choose your schedule

You have the oppprtunity to advance and make pretty good money if you can follow direction and go by the rules

It's a good company to work for if you are somewhat disciplined and just do what they require of you. You have to have a pleasant attitude and be willing to serve the credit union members. You can advance pretty quickly and make descent money if you want to.

Good pay and room for growth

Pay is above average, with quarterly bonuses. Room for advancement is available for full-time employees. Schedules are not very flexible for full-time employees.

Productive and fun work place

Managers are awesome pay is awesome you can advance within company. They are giving away money if you want it all you have to do is work and keep your adherence/performance up and you'll be good Starting pay is good once you move up with in the company you will get a pay raise.

Its a great work place

Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Coop FInancial Services are amazing, honestly better than any job I've hadCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Coop FInancial Services is great and pushes minds forward.

Great place to work with hard working and dedicated team members.

Enjoy working at CO-OP Financial Services. They take care of their employees and clients with a passion for excellence. Executive management has ambitious vision and goals. Pay and benefits are at or above the industry standard.

Pros

Great workplace environment with dedicated employees.

Cons

Many big enterprise projects and company aspirations that sometimes impede on work/life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CO-OP Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

1.6
InHerSight Score
1.4Personal Development
1.5Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight