CO-OP Financial Services
50Below average

CO-OP Financial Services Employee Reviews

United States132 reviews
Great experience
I no longer work for Co-op but worked there for about 4 years and think that it was a really positive experience and I had the opportunity to work with a lot of great people.
Don’t waste your time unless you like wasting your time
This Job is For kids or retirees that have nothing else to do! You can’t make a living off $14.50. There is no work life balance you have to work double to make a living and they don’t appreciate nothing you do! During the pandemic they allowed a COVID-19 worker to continue to work and didn’t inform their other employees. Didn’t shut the building down for extra cleaning oh and they sent workers to work from home by seniority not by health conditions. Who wants to work for a company like that ? They don’t engage with their employees it’s management against agents
Pros
Cons
The company itself
The truth of my experience
Member/customers are very rude most of the time. Supervisor was no help with work/school life balance. Adherence/attendance rules were strict didn’t matter whether you had an accident, was sick, or school test and good luck getting time off. I wish I had another supervisor that was more helpful than mine. Very busy at times. Bad for ppl with anxiety. Bonuses were good. Job advancement. Mostly management could use some work as well as some policies regarding attendance.
Work at CO-OP can be a career
I love working for co-op .... The management is awesome and fair .... You get what you put ... A career advancement available ... Adherence bounces ... Performance bounces ... And yearly bounces .
Very flexible in working schedule ... Specially if you have a great adherence and performance.

I want to retire at this company.
Starter jobs for young teenagers graduated high school or those that are in college
Fast paced job customers are very rude and difficult at times management needs more involvement employees need to be more interaction with the company no work-life balance you're going to be increase starting pay
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Small team with a productive work environment
We always working as a team and that allows everyone’s talents to flourish. Also, very flexible with ability to multitask. We always work at a fast and steady paced, and always meet deadlines.
Fun place to work
I really enjoy working here. The company does alot for their employers. Downside to the company is there is not a lot of room to grow or move up. It does offer options to travel.
They are a great place to work, great benefits, very many shifts to choose from. Managers are okay and easy to work with most of the time. You arent micro managed,
Good part time/Bad management
If you want part time job, this is for you. But asking for time off is the hardest even if you ask 4months before, for some reason they never approve it and you do so much work and never get compensated for it. Also management act like they care about there employees, but they really don’t, only thing they care about is you Taking calls non stop and call volume is always high.
Great Place to work
I loved working here. Everyone was so nice and there is always work. You may be slow if there is a holiday but they service 280 credit unions so whatever pops up is who you work for. I Loved it. It was never boring.
Small workplace atmosphere
Fun place to work, small quiet office with many caring individuals. One upside is that this is a non-profit company and doesn't have the pressure of a public company
Going Downhill and Losing Good Employees
COOP has a lot of great people and the culture is very welcoming; however there is no opportunity for growth. A majority of the positions filled are from a 3rd party or outside.

There is no plan implementation for a new hire to grow within the company. The new-hire mainly just does the job and that's it. The company prides itself on change, but if you're at the bottom of the totem poll, good luck.

There are a lot of internal issues as well. The company positions itself as a technology company, but a majority of the programs used are outdated. This can cause added work to a work load and a slow and inefficient process.

They do not care about the employees physical health. Sitting all day at a desk isn't good for you and should allow for employees to have time to walk and stretch.

They treat you as a number, not a person. They could care less if you have friends or family in town and need a day off. Also it is reqire to work weekends.

There is plenty of Job security, and the benefits are above average. This is a great place to build experience, but not a great place to stay.
Not the best
It's ok if you need a job quick and pays well if you get the differential for working evening and are bilingual otherwise I'd pass. Most annoying thing was getting approved for time off even when you ask a mon
Review
The best part was my supervisor. The worst part was the work culture. Tolerant of some and not so tolerant of others. Excellent salary and benefits
It was a learning experience
Co op financial has a high turn over and will keep a high turnover because of how it treats the teams. And it is not the place to be. They do not appreciate you but will work you hard.
Great Worki atmosphere
Very knowledgeable team. Provided guidance and software as needed. Great leadership team. Enjoyed my time at the place. They have several locations for their workers.
Working conditions
Easy place to work but the hours weren’t good for me and they were unwilling to work with me. I’m a single father and couldn’t work until 11pm. Other than that things were good
Enjoyed working with all levels of staff.
Daily job was to answer phones and resolve customer concerns. Trouble shoot ATM issues and provide training to credit union staff.
Responsible for projects which consists of setting up new ATM's, both debit and ATM card programs.
Pros
Employee bonus twice a year.
Cons
Vacation time off.
Great People and Great Culture

Funny place offering opportunities to gain experience.
Productive but tense environment to work. Clean environment with big cafeteria. Jobs here are part-time with zero security. Rarely converts employees. If looking for a career, its a long place to expect. Very high turnover. Need input of employees and listen to resources to get better.
Pros
Performance awards
Cons
High turnover and limited opportunity for career growth
Worst job I ever had
No support and they make u compromise your Christian beliefs and they hire managers that they can micro mange. They have double standards and no help from most of mangers and there suck
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Managers don’t care to listen and they hire anybody
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CO-OP Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CO-OP Financial Services.