CO-OP Financial Services Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
FINANCIALSERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 9, 2019
The company cares about its employees by ensuring that everyone is comfortable within the work environment. The company also allows employees to move up in the company.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus
Work life balance
CO-OP (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 22, 2018
I enjoy the my job and love getting out bed in the morning to go to work. The people that I manage have been there 5 up to 20+ years. There are lots of positive changes happening now and it is the place to be!
Pros
Job security
Cons
On the low end for pay
RUN! Do not work here!
CRC (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 10, 2018
This place has decent pay, but this place is the worst for those who have families. The worst part is if you’re sick or need a day off, you can’t call in to us PTO! PTO has to be approved! You get occurances for calling of and even being late from a 10 min break! The supervisors are clueless! This place does NOT value their employees, they pick and choose who they like! They have the mentality that anyone can be replaced, and they screw themselves over by firing so many people and hiring new people and losing the good ones. Stay away from here unless you like doing a lot of work for nothing.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks, management, over all environment
Merger gone awry
CO-OP (Current Employee) –  Clive, IANovember 4, 2018
COOP bought The Members Group (TMG) about a year and half ago. The atmosphere changed from being a family to a corporate environment.

Management has mismanaged the IT budget. After the 3rd quarter, we were told we had spent our budget ($19 million). COOP has limited us to the number of vendors that we can use. This has lead to over spending for IT hardware and software.

Also COOP has not put TMG employees on the same pay scale. I expected some difference since COOP is based out of California. But when the same position is $20,000 under paid, something is very wrong. This issue was brought to the attention of HR and senior management. Promises have been made, but no sign that they will follow through.

Also the project to combine companies on one network has been mismanaged from day one.

The contractors that have been hired in IT, have been less than stellar. Some did not know the hardware or software requirements to access the systems that they were hired to install.
Pros
Benefits (Insurance and PTO)
Cons
Pay
Awesome place to work
Fraud Analyst 1 (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2018
I'm not sure why some people complain about
CO-OP. I think it is a great job. Where else are you going to go that's gives employee's an incentive check up to $900 every 3 months.
The benefits are outstanding, and management treats you like a person; not just an employee.
I think if people actually showed up and did their jobs then management wouldn't have to change the attendance policy every 2 months.
I Don't care what anyone says ,Co-op is a good place to work.
Just show up, do your job and Don't complain.
You will have a job for life.
Pros
This place treats you like gold if you show up and do your job
Cons
Lazy people who don't show up for work, or walk around instead of taking calls.
Organization of chaos and micro-management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 27, 2018
Lost its focus, lacks discipline in execution, brought in people outside the industry that doesn't understand its legacy or market. Who you know by the CEO, not what you know is highly valued. Launches too many products that don't work. Most of their marketing is vapor ware. Very top down culture, and very unhealthy life balance work load.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Micro management, with little appreciation for innovation and leadership skills, reflects in their execution, turnover rates, and market positioning.
Mentally Stressful but decent pay and benifits
CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 24, 2018
This job is great for someone who enjoys sitting down for majority of their job, doing repetitive things and can handle angry customers over the phone. It's actually a decent job until you start to get tired of it.
Great job
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2018
I Loved working here. All of my co-workers were great. We always found ways to work together, or come up with new ideas for the company. I couldn't ask for anything more from this company.
Pros
holiday parties
Cons
short breaks
Work life
Co-Op Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 9, 2018
Very stressful I would recommend that you seriously negotiate the pay because the starting rate will barley get you by however it’s a great start up job that’s short term.
Worst job to work for!
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 2, 2018
They make you learn new skills without compensation, if you refuse to learn new tasks other than what you were hired to do, they threaten to fire you. The pay was very little, and the call volume is ridiculous.
Pros
benefits are really good
Cons
its a 24 hr call center, meaning you could work on weekends, grave yard shifts, and holidays
Entry level positions
Call Center Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Great for teenagers and college students. Good benefits and ok pay if you are not skilled in multiple things.
Once you learn more you have a lower chance to request pto. You are constantly switching hats for different skills that’s very difficult when the call volume is high, which is always. The company is very unorganized.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible off days and schedules.
Amazing Career Opportunity
Credit Analyst, Consumer Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2018
As a credit analyst for an outsourcing company, I underwrite internet & indirect loans for 35+ credit unions nationwide adhering to their individual underwriting policies. Prior to my promotion to credit analyst in 2015 I handle member service calls for a multitude of credit unions, processed loans for their members.
Pros
Access a number of products & services for many credit unions & their members
Cons
No opportunity to specialize in one credit union's products & services
Great Opportunity
CO-OP (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Co-Op is a challenging work environment and great opportunity for someone looking for a great career. There are some challenges with the integration of the two companies, but progress is being made.
Unfortunate management staffing
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IASeptember 11, 2018
I have worked at CO-OP for nearly a year now, and I definitely do not dislike the job. The job is fast-paced, and can be stressful, but also can be very rewarding. But, on the flip side, it can also be damaging to the ego when you have a customer cursing at you, when you can do nothing to help them, and you can only refer them to the Credit Union, and it is a Saturday evening.
They say they would rather hire from within before they hire from outside, but if they do not like you, they will find reasons not to promote you or hire you to a new position. The management, when you try to express to them your frustrations about something in the workplace, will take this as you being insubordinate and will further take you away from any potential goals within the company. If you have any sort of medical problem that causes you to miss work every now and again, they will give you FMLA or ADA, but you will still be judged harshly by the management staff, and will further deny you from advancement within the company.
Pros
Very good pay, paid training
Cons
Poor management, fast-paced environment, poor advancement opportunity
A great company to work for
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 4, 2018
The staff was some of the best people I've worked with. The job wasn't hard to learn and managers on the floor were more than helpful. I really want to keep my job here but I had to move.
Unstable Workplace
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 21, 2018
Company recently underwent an acquisition, and the workplace has been unstable ever since. No job is guaranteed.Terrible culture, and they do not stand by their values.
No Longer Focused on Credit Unions
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 19, 2018
The culture here has completely turned around. What was once a not-for-profit cooperative focused on the advancement and support of the credit union movement has now become a typical, greedy corporation. Case in point: the guy in charge of sales is called the "Chief Revenue Officer." Enough said.
Pros
401k, medical, dental, vision
Cons
New senior management team is all about money and power.
Work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 14, 2018
I hardest part about my day is when you cannot help the member or they are cursing at you like it is your fault that something does not work. I answer the phone acting like the credit union which I think is wrong somethings we can help with and others things we have to submit a request for the credit union to give them a call back. I have new co-workers transferring the calls to me when i cannot even help the member just like they could not either. Management is not great at all when you need help you stuck like chuck or better figure it out by placing the member on hold and coming to a conclusion on your own.
Great environment for Growth
CRC Bilingual Rep II (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJuly 18, 2018
Co-Op recently implemented new rules and environment. Fellow employees still remain helpful and kind. Learning and advancement to higher positions have slightly changed, but there is still room to grow within the company in other departments.
Pros
Great environment and Training
Cons
Occurrence drop off time
Pretty good company to work for
CO-OP Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2018
Stable environment, decent pay, decent benefits, good culture, managers do their job pretty well and we get treated to free food/lunch a few times a year, have fun events from time to time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CO-OP Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.