Coach Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Working here has a very friendly, welcoming environment. Coach will work with your lifestyle. Training is very well. The environment is well paced and the supervisors will listen to your needs. And before they put you to do your job they give you a four hour orientation to introduce you in to your job.
Pros
45 minute lunches to an hour lunch. Breaks are 15 min long. Pay is well.
Coach
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Working there was great. I learned so much about purses and how they are made by hand from specially collected and inspected leather. The managers were all nice.
Don't know
Production Worker/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2019
It's a job you go to do your job and go home
there's really nothing else to say about this job it's like a regular job you just do your work and go home stay to yourself no drama and it will be okay
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
Two 15-minute breaks
Typical corporate job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 31, 2018
I would have loved my job here, however management was poor and did not provide adequate working conditions. There were many unethical things that occurred during my employment here. I did attempt to reach out to higher management numerous times and nothing was ever done. I feel there is no accountability held for current management and they are allowed to provide an unethical environment. I hope that investigations can be done into what is occurring at some of your stores as It is not a good environment for anyone to be subjected to.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No breaks
Selling bags everyday.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CADecember 14, 2018
As a sales associate, we have daily target to achieve and selling expectations. Working here could help you to improve your human skills and build a long-term relationships with clients.
Competitive and quick paced
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 1, 2018
I absolutely LOVE the brand! However, for it not being a commission based environment it certainly can feel like one at times. The teams are held to other standards and expectations that create competition on the sales floor which can make it feel commission; this was surprising to me.
Pros
They have a great team share monthly bonus system.
Cons
you get written up if you don't make your monthly goals.
Coach fair job
Shipping and Recieving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 21, 2018
I liked working at Coach I felt like I was appreciated for my work . Learned how to work under pressure and with different individuals with different views.
Pros
Lunch breaks were satisfactory
Cons
Our breaks was short and sweet
Retail Greed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORNovember 20, 2018
Coach profits greatly for themselves due to high pricing and wages that are not enough to live. (talk a look at their profit statements) Christmas was the only day the store is closed. The greed boggles my mind! What happened to 'family'? On Thanksgiving, we have to work because of Black Friday. Another lie on 'great pricing' that people fall for making it necessary for us to work on a day that we should be with our families! I had to work from 4:00 on Thanksgiving until 1 a.m. --which means I missed dinner with my family due to my hour commute and need to be there at dinner. The profits are staggering that Coach makes! And they treat their people so badly in regards to pay! If people with lots of money actually think others can live off of $13. an hour-go try it!
The lunch -break room doesn't really exist! We had to sit in a small table shoved up against a wall in the stockroom next to a few lockers and stock people coming up behind you to move walls of products to get in. Only 4 people of about 30 staff members could tightly fit. I ate lunch in my car and took breaks sitting at Starbucks.
Pros
Nice sales assoiates and store manager.
Cons
no lunch room, terrible pay, greed and not carying about their employees having anykind of family time for occassions.
It’s a good experience.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAOctober 29, 2018
Coach is a great company, it can be frustrating at times, there’s not many opportunities to move up within the company. Management could be Improved like many other places.
Pros
Meet new people, learn many new skills, pay is above minimum wage
Cons
Overwhelming at times, you’re bound to work weekends and most holidays.
Management is not consistent
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAOctober 23, 2018
Some managers are not consistent and treat associates differently. There is way Too much competition among associates who are on the selling floor. Managers need to be consistent.
Competitive and stressful, but great coworkers.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Coach is a great company to work for. There’s a lot of support among coworkers. Although stressful at times, the work is challenging and rewarding for the most part . The benefits are one of the best in the industry.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
Great people, but the company hates its outlets
Full time retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 16, 2018
Working at the actual store was great, the veterans were super helpful and nice, although exclusive at times. Managers were helpful, but pretty incompetent at giving out breaks and lunches. They also did not tell me about multiple policies upon my hiring and many of the things in my new hire packet were outdated. I was not told about the allotment of 3 call out days per 6 months we were allowed before we were spoken to about absences. I also did not know that I would not receive a portion of teamshare because I had not passed the 90 day probation period, until I asked another employee why it was our second teamshare since I’d been there, and I hadn’t gotten a check. They also don’t provide any safety training whatsoever, i didn’t even know we had box cutters until i went into the stock room for shipment. I was also injured on the jobnot even two months into my employment. There weren’t any available outlets in the break room and we were not allowed to charge our phones at work because that’s “the company’s energy”. For store meetings, the company gave us a budget of $3 per person for breakfast. We had prepackaged bagels and juice from Sam’s Club, when there was a Noah’s bagels and a Starbucks and a Panera, that all cater. I’m not sure if that was a lack of money, or a lack of planning on their part. The discount was great, and it was easy to get days off. The job itself was also the easiest job I’ve ever done, and I really enjoyed it. I was sad to have to leave. It was pretty competitive for getting top 4 seller every month, and there was a lot of pressure to get more sales,  more... which resulted in a lot of sale stealing.  less
Pros
Great people, discount, easy money
Cons
Poor communication, the company treats us terribly
dont do it
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 12, 2018
They don't pay their stock team what they should for the amount of work that we do. Lazy and rude managers and are very unprofessional. Understaff in the stock department but still blame the stock team for not completing everything.
Awesome Company to work for!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NHOctober 12, 2018
Highly recommend the Tilton, NH Coach Outlet to anyone that wants to work with a great team of hardworking, friendly sales professionals. Excellent Management Team!
Pros
Approachable Manager, Company Culture and Discounts
Cons
Full time hours do no extend beyond 30 hours per week
Fast paced retail
Associate store manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 10, 2018
Great environment with a awesome product. I was able to build relationships with clients that made it a point to come back and see me. Sales were tracke but this helped impact rasies and other incentives.
Challenging yet exciting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAOctober 5, 2018
Overall experience of working at Coach was great! It typically depends on the location and the management at a particular store. Everyday, there was a new challenge or objective that must be met, whether it involved customer service or sales. The hardest part was making sure all customer's were attended to without being overly pushy.
Great workplace with the best people.
Back of House (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, OROctober 4, 2018
Working with my coworkers was amazing. They really made the day go by fast. I learned how to organize stock quickly and efficiently. Management was friendly and always available to help out. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the out of date and slow technology. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits, occasional free meals.
Great Place to work
COACH (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
very segmented but collaborative environment to work. Management is fair and new hudson yard office space hasopen layout. though I left prior to move.
Great place to work! Great company and great people.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lee, MAOctober 2, 2018
Working at Coach was fun and educational. We gathered each morning to go over the day's goals and how we wanted to focus on customer service as that is the main culture at Coach to always be there for our customers and inform them of our products and to find something that would best suit their needs while always asking open-ended questions. We always worked as a team in motivating each other and giving constructive feedback.
Pros
The Whole store was compensated each month when goals were met.
Cons
Strict Dress code
Great job cool people
Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2018
The job was OK the pay was great some of the staff was friendly. I might recommend this job to a friend. Discounts were cool but never had a chance to use them because of only being there 30 days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coach. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight