Coalfire Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company!
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 21, 2018
Coalfire is employee-minded and mission-focused. Leadership continually looks for ways to strengthen the team while focusing on clients. I have the opportunity to work from home, if needed, and find that flexibility across the various departments within the company.
Unbelievable Work Environment, 10/10
Sales (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 29, 2018
I love working at Coalfire. The culture, atmosphere, an direction is truly a dream come true. So long as things stay this way, I wouldn't ever want to work anywhere else.
Friendly work environment but with zero loyalty.
UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 9, 2018
Initially a very good place to work. Although in the first day I began working, they fired an entire department of people that had worked there for decades. I should have seen the writing on the wall, but eventually due to an external acquisition, I was made expendable. I was given a new set of goals with industry expectations that differed wildly in delivery cycles (months instead of weeks), which made them unrealistic. Despite several offers for availability during this transitional time, no requests or concerns were heeded and my position was eliminated. Coalfire often bragged about being interested / invested in personal growth and fostering a 'family' atmosphere in a workplace, when in reality, should they find a cheaper option or outsource, your days are done.
Pros
Stocked commissary, friendly people
Cons
Often balked at giving you the tools and time you needed to get the job done.
Paid well, but do not care about you
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2018
Company pays well and has good benefits, but forget about work life balance. No advancement opportunities, constantly changing, high turnover, management does not seem to have a clear plan for the company.
Pros
Pay is competitive, Benefits are good, decent coworkers
Cons
Expect to be in the office a lot.
Great Team!
Senior Recruiter (50 (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 1, 2017
Great team, some questionable folks in management. Fast paced environment, sometimes hard to keep up with changing demands. Great culture and fun place to work!
Productive and learning workplce
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Some smart people in the industry helps you learn and advance however lack of proper direction and career growth requires self initiative and planning
A good place to work
Senior Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COMarch 9, 2017
I enjoyed consulting with Coalfire very much particularly the culture of this small to medium sized company. The work assigned to me was interesting and I got to travel to exotic places from time-to-time.
Pros
Corporate culture
Cons
travel
Highly competitive
Senior Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Interesting diversity of work that is both challenging and rewarding. Emphasis is on customer satisfaction and ensuring factual details are reported and summarized as expected.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Dynamic fun place to work
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 23, 2016
I worked with Coalfire for more than 3 years and enjoyed my work very much. I performed a variety of accounting duties such as accruals, deferrals and prepaid expenses. I entered all credit card transactions, including billable travel and reconciled all bank accounts, among others. I learned time management skills and how to prioritize my schedule so that the work was done timely. I enjoyed interacting with my co-workers and management very much. The most enjoyable part of the job to me was the general ledger aspects of preparing journal entries and reconciling the balance sheet accounts each month. The hardest part of the job was trying to pin down whether company travel was billable or not.
Pros
Free snacks
Productive and laid back environment
Navis Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2015
This organization is on the rise and has a bright future. They are good at what they do and have taught me a tremendous amount about governance, risk and compliance. Management seems to reflect their hierarchy scale a little much, but at times they take care of their employees. Co-workers are great and helpful.
Productive And Fun Workplace
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  DallasAugust 19, 2015
A good place to work with great co-workers and great learning environment.
Enjoy working and learning. Technically knowledgeable and transparent company with good work life balance.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Unstructured
Great Company, Great Management, Amazing Culture!
Sales (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 9, 2014
I've been a part of small, medium and large companies. I count my lucky stars to be a member of the coalfire team! The industry is growing, the product is industry leading, and the future is bright. They have been growing rapidly and thus have their growing pains but managment is dedicated to taking the next steps with their employees at the forefront. Kudos!
Pros
Very Smart and Motivated Colleagues
Cons
Immature processes (but getting better)
Great Advancement Opportunities
Unknown (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 16, 2013
At Coalfire you are surrounded by the smartest people in the industry. Coalfire is a great place for someone looking to gain valuable hands on experience. Whether on the delivery side, sales or operations you are part of a close team that works together on a regular basis. Of course it is a lot of hard work but at the end of the day there are great advancement opportunities unlike any other company I have worked for in the past. If you are the type of person looking for a challenge Coalfire is the place for you.
Pros
Great team, executive level support, good pay, free lunches :)
Cons
Some long days, pressure to succeed
Great Company, Poor management
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkDecember 4, 2013
They set there Regional Sales Managers up to fail. Marketing, makes Sales do all the work to generate leads, isn't that what a Marketing Department is for? You write your own emails blasts for your target area.You have to plan and manage your own trade shows, right down to shipping of the booth and ordering your own promotional give a ways. You spend more time doing admin work than being face to face and conducting sales calls or more time on conference calls with upper management explaining what you have done all week, when it is in Salesforce. The higher ups spend way to much time playing pass the hot potato and it takes way to long to get other departments in charge of pricing to work with you on large opportunities with a deadline. It is months before you see a commission check even when you are making your quota, because if services does not perform the service then the contract is not billable and the reps don't get paid until that is complete. Typical day would start at 7:00 am and go until 10:00 pm. They are truly not set up for employees to work from home and employees in corporate do not return phone calls or emails in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was the level of interaction you had with decision makers of large corporations and the technicality of the services.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Poor Management Structure
They always have the end goal in mind, which has created high turnover
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 11, 2013
High Turnover
Very eager to grow and learn
Great people
Harsh management
PCI specialists that are rapidly growing.
Senior IT Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2012
Management is currently undergoing 'growing pains', as the firm blossoms from a boutique specialty shop, to a major player in the IT Compliance industry; however they do take a genuine interest in the opinions of the staff.
Fun, yet challenging work place.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2012
I am a very fast learner, highly skilled, and have a high capacity to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coalfire Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Coalfire Systems, Inc. Reviews by Location