Coalition for Hispanic Family Services Employee Reviews

Great for a stepping stone
PYA Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 15, 2018
too much going on in the workplace. revolving door, between the client's and staff it is hard to know who's who. Managers only care about targets being met.
Pros
pay
Cons
workload
fun and productive
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2018
it was a good expernce i got to visit places i never been to i got to be a role model to alot of young woman and boys i also learned alot from them as they learned alot from me
Pros
free lunch and trips
Cons
benifits
No the place to work
Family Coordinator / Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 8, 2018
This place is a joke it is run by people who have no idea what they are doing and they are constantly second guessing those that actually know how to run a business.
Pros
They speak Spanish.
Cons
They think they know best
It was a productive job,
Family Support Worker - First Step Program (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 4, 2018
I learned a lot from various Mental Health work shops avalilable for staff. I learned how to handle stress and relaxations tips for clients and myself. In the morning I worked in the office in data entry or conducting a workshops to clients. My hardest part of my job was when a client was in crisis, however I always got support from my supervisors. The enjoyable part of my job was when my client met their goals. For example graduating from High School, or with the babies graduating from the First Step Program.
Pros
Coalition offered yearly christmast party that i enjoyed
Cons
N/a
Awesome
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Very friendly and family oriented place to work. I enjoy working there. The people and the atmosphere is wonderful. Sometimes the works get boring because it gets slow at times but on average I always find something to do. I do wish that supervision can happen more because it is nice to share things that are not seen but heard.
Caring professional environment
Art Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 8, 2018
The culture at this workplace is always professional and caring. Everyone I work with demonstrates a high level of empathy for our client population. Employees in our department work extremely hard, and get along well with their colleagues.
This is the first workplace where I have never experienced petty gossip or other negative work experiences. The dedication by the staff starts at the top, and works its way down through management.
Pros
Caring people willing to put their job first, and get their work done. Family type environment
Cons
Sometimes dedication can be extreme, and putting your job first can interfere with a healthy home/life balance
Great Work Environment
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 1, 2017
Bosses and Co-Workers were really nice and understanding when there was a problem. If a problem were to come up both the co-workers and the boss would be willing to help you.
excellent
Therapeutic Case Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2017
Great environment with excellent benefits and opportunity for growth.
A typical day at work involves busy employees getting things done in a timely manner and building great repoire with coworkers as the day goes along. The culture is Hispanic foundation, but represents diverse groups and strictly confidentiality. The hardest part of the job is meeting court expectations for each case, as sometimes the demand is more than the resources available.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to create permanency for children who will be adopted by extended family resources.
fun workplace
Administrative or teaching (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 27, 2017
it was really nice and fun experience to work with kids. I loved the company. Supervisor was really nice and friendly. The work environment was really professional multicultural.
Fast paced and
Foster Care Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 16, 2017
It was a fast paced environment; I worked long hours including the weekends. It was a foster care agency which provided services to the families that were either had children in the system
Pros
Family oriented
My Experience
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 14, 2017
My experience as a Case Planner with Coalition for Hispanic Family Services has been a rich learning experience. Time management and the ability to assess and interact in a professional manner with families are some of the skills you need to have. The culture within the agency is helpful and open to growth.
Positive atmosphere in the agency but job is a burnout.
Case Planner/Preventive Services (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 26, 2017
A typical day at work is usually punching in logging in all your cliental visits completed or attempted the day before. Writing a note based on all visits completed or attempted, referring client to services contacting clients to complete home visits or at times office visits. The child must also be seen so school visits are required if child is not home. Monitoring their progress in services. Contacting the children's' schools or completing home visit, or daycare visits if the child has not yet been seen. Recording every interaction made with client, or clients children, or outside agencies/schools/daycares. Recording info by typing a progress note. Completing multiple Assessment forms for the families.

Everyone in the job usually stays positive it can get a little loud once in a while but generally calm. Everyone is pleasant to one another.
Pros
You're helping people. Employees stay positive, friendly. Everyone helps each other out with resources.
Cons
Its a burnout, very demanding as far as what's required, and what a case planner is exposed to.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2017
An environment where you take pride in your job. I learned patience and how to deal with stressful situations. The most enjoyable part was making sure the children were well taken care off.
Very fun working with the kids but the manager is very rude
Summer Camp Apprentice/After School Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 18, 2017
Love working here because the kids but the staff and supervisor gossips and doesn't do there job very good. I had the stressful time with them even with me having a stressful time I was only there to help the kids. At the end I couldn't take the Supervisor at Hope Gardens. She's rude and is not fit for the position she has.
disorganized, stressful and unfair
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 15, 2017
The company doesn't protect its employees. Instead of having investigations on complaints they just fire you. Taking lunch is not an option in the department I worked in. Turnover is high and staff moral is low.
Pros
health and dental insurance are good but cost is slightly high
Cons
job security is low
Productive place to work, especially with kids it was a great experience for me
Site Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 1, 2017
The most enjoyable time for me was spending one on one times with certain kids and actually getting know them. Seeing how happy there were to see me daily, motivated me everyday to come to work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Very short breaks
Family like atmosphere
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 17, 2017
Coalition for Hispanic Families is a great place to work. Everyone is very caring. The hardest part of the job is seeing families get separated. The Coalition works hard to keep families united.
Pros
Benefits and Culture
Cons
Dont have many to speak about
SWI Intern
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Great experience for social work intern. Got the opportunity to work with families, children, and teenagers. Staff is very supportive and informative
productive
Dance Instructor/Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 8, 2016
an amazing work environment for adults as well for kids. great work place. productive and also a fun environment. great for learning and progressing.
Fun workplace, and very interactive with the children.
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work would be to come in, pick up the kids, take them to the lunch room, and then take them upstairs to a room so they can do their homework.
I learned how to be very patient in this job.
My supervisor was a very nice person and very hardworking.
The hardest part of the job was to try to get the kids stand in a straight line.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to spend time with the kids.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
All the kids are united in the lunchroom