Coast Dental Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very stressful place for Hyginist
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 14, 2018
Management always push Hygienist to sell stuff. Production is everything. Minimum help. When I was working there I never felt that I’m a clinician. They treat Hygienist poorly.
Benefits
Cons
Very stressful situation for Hygienist
Great job
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJune 26, 2018
Enjoy this company, great staff and close to home. Every that works with is friendly. Love working in the dental field. Its a very busy office, i have learned to run the office, key holder, able to follow up on claims, verify insurance for patients. The hardest part of the job would be able to present a treatment plan, which I have been working on. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a wonderful staff and my patients.
Very busy and fast paced
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 22, 2018
I liked my job at this office. The work was good and the people were supportive. The benefits are great however the drive was long. I live in Ocala and this position was in Gainesville. That is 40 miles twice a day to drive. If I could have moved to Gainesville then I would still be working there. Unfortunately, my health made the drive impossible.
Pros
Great office and benefits
Cons
Fast paced and stressful at times
Competitive Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed my job until I had to push products and got in trouble for patients cancelling. The work environment at times was very stressful, but I will say when my disease came about my boss was some what understands.
Challenging Work Environment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAMay 28, 2018
The position of Business Manager would be more rewarding with greater autonomy and less micro-management. Work-life balance needs improvement. However, working as a business manager with the right team in place, the sky is limit. This success was evident when my office and team won office of the year (178 offices).
Pros
Responsible for the success of the business.
Cons
Micromanagement
coast dental
Dental Assistant/Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLMay 17, 2018
No more raises, supplies are scarce. Lots of turn over. Outdated equipment fixer and developer solutions are toxic and harmful to kidneys. Lots of medicaid patients and high pressure selling encouraged.
Pros
my check
Cons
everything
Relaxed Atmosphere for a Recovering Company
Facilities and Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2018
Coast Dental has suffered through some tough times by mismanaged deals and misguided direction back in 2016. The company is clearly recovering and the turnover reflects an ushering to a new age at Coast. Working at the Corporate office is very relaxed but not on the tier of a top performing company. They offer minimal Paid Time Off that does not go into your "bank" until your Sixth month of employment. Non matching 401K. If you are transitioning from another company, keep your nest egg there. Mounting pressure, not from co-workers or superiors, but from the fact that the Coast Dental network is very expansive and the company is simply understaffed and ill prepared to handle the sheer magnitude of large company issues.

Its not all bad though, Coast does provide a balance workplace that allows employees to meet the needs of their family and personal lives. Although that can be accredited to the supervising personnel more so than what is ingrained in the culture.
Pros
Flexible schedules, standard business hours, convenient location
Cons
No matching 401K, very minimal PTO time, higher than average health benefits, high turnover, non qualified personnel in advanced positions
It was okay until a new person took over corporate !
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 24, 2018
Corporate is not doing their job there. We constantly had a messed up copier and had to wait on patients receipts to print and treatment plans then the xray machines were from dinosaur ages and would take an hour to print out !
Supervisor and Manager for Accounts Receivable were very helpful and willing to help with anything that you needed to do your job well and be sucessfu
Collection/Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2018
Excellent place to work even though I was only a contract worker for 6 months. The billing manager was excellent and there were always webinars to keep employees informed on what was going on with the company.
Steady Employment but no growth
Dental Employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 4, 2018
Wonderful opportunity to service the community dental needs. Great facility. Pay levels for employees need to be increased. Need better marketing to promote business. Management at corporate level --- is perceived by employees to only be interested in the bottom-line dollar figure rather than the overall vibe or needs of the employees and maintaining excellent quality and efficiency control. Difficult to get supplies needed to get the job done.

Want to know more about Coast Dental Services, LLC?

Ask a question
Fast paced, enjoyable staff and competitive
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 28, 2018
I worked for Coast Dental for several years and I LOVED the company. It's a fast paced and very employee friendly. You do have to be dedicated and understand that it's the healthcare industry so you will work lunches occasionally, and will work overtime. You do get compensated for overtime. I loved the staff I worked with in the Fort Myers office and our office manager was amazing! Working for Coast you learn so much more than being a Assistant and there are so many opportunities to move up. If you work hard and work with your team it could be the best job you've ever had, I would had never left Coast if I hadn't relocated, I wish they'd open offices in Michigan. Raises and bonuses are incentives to work hard, and they offer training to anyone who wants. Working for Coast was the best experience I ever had working in the Dental field not only did I have a great working experience I made life long friends!
Pros
Training, Bonuses, Insurance, paid vacations
Cons
Fast paced and missed breaks
Never work here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 28, 2018
Culture is horrible and so are the management most of who have no more education or experience as the rest of their team. i would not recommend this company to anyone.
Run
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJanuary 25, 2018
My manager was the only good thing about this company. The company only cares about the company. Employees are a dime a dozen. Don't think by going above and beyond that you will be rewarded or even noticed. If something goes wrong with upper management you will be the first 1 blamed even if you had nothing to do with it. Upper mang. Motto. Cover your own butt and blame everyone else.
Pros
Only pro is if you have a good doctor. Which i did
great environment
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2018
A day at work is busy and productive. i am doing paper work, setting up procedures , talking with patients making them comfortable and preparing them for the procedure.
Keep looking
Employee Dentist (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Always out of supplies. Can not due my job if we do not have what I need. Poor labs to choose from many remakes. Poor salaries for staff so staff not very motivated.
Pros
not many
Cons
Do not leave your job to come here
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 12, 2018
This is a cut-throat company ! No training given .Conference calls on a daily basis to explained yourself and why you didn’t make money that day!
No communication and no support from upper management . If you like to be belittle, work here .
No paid on holidays ,they have block dates !
Run ...far far away !
A corporation sometimes just out for the money
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress Lake Drive Ft.Myers, FL.January 3, 2018
I received fantastic training and benefits at Coast Dental. Working in a corporate atmosphere takes getting used to and sometimes you have to just make it your own if you have the right doctor.
Pros
training pay benefits
Cons
fast passed over diagnosing
it was great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2018
1. Why do you like working in the medical field?
Considering working in a medical field is a passion I have had for years I feel in would be a great opportunity for me since this is something I am studying right now and see myself doing in near future.

2. How do you participate as a team player in an office setting?
Absolutely not only am I a team player but I am the one that can take action when needed I great well under pressure; and very loyal to making sure that I have the customer trust to give me any information or records love working in a fast pace environment.

3. Do you currently work? part-time? full-time?
I am currently working a full time job.

4. If you were offered this position, how soon could you start?
as soon as possible would put in my two weeks in the current job that I have now!
Dental Assiting
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLDecember 28, 2017
I had to learn alot about insurance. Very fast paced. They had great fundamentals but poor management at times. Low quality dentist. It was a steady good paying job.
Work hard to get paid less
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 18, 2017
Coast Dental will give you a job then turn around and ask for you to sell a treatment plan according to how much the dentist can get from the insurance coverage, instead of treating the patients needs or wants.