Coast Dental Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Ownership
Real Estate Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2018
At the time I worked here, the ownership was very much involved in the management of the company. The company went from public to private with all decisions being centralized.
Senior Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 22, 2018
I enjoyed myself at Coast. It is what you make of it. I left because I needed to be with my kids more. The environment where I worked was awesome. We were like a family. I still keep in contact with patients, staff and management. I didn't want to leave, but I had an opportunity that I couldn't turn down at the time
Ok.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 20, 2018
Nice place to work at until they sold all
The offices in the west coast. I liked the culture for a long time everyone was like family. I enjoyed working there.
It was a productive business
Clinical Supervisor/ RDAEF (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 15, 2018
Everything was great. They listen for any kind of advice and value our thoughts. We received different kinds of bonuses such as products bonuses and production bonus
Pros
Production bonus
Cons
Health care and other benefits
Coast dental helped me get a job when no one would
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Looking for a change more money..learn new things...maxed out non pay but feel i can do more for more money...customer service skills..work well with other employees..and always willing to learn new tasks
My experience
Certified Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 5, 2018
I have worked for this company for a long time. I have 18 yrs of experience. It can be stressful at times in a high functioning, fast paced environment. I read a few complaints and it's rather disappointing to be honest. My office and co workers at other facilities are not primarily concerned with the daily revenues. It is about patient care. That is the reason I work in this profession. To give quilty care and provide a comfortable enviroment for my patients. Do right by others. Sadly I'm reading all the negative nellys out there and thinking the reasons you were unsuccessful in the position was due to lack of knowledge, greed or it just wasn't the right profession for you. I am very meticulous and so is my doctor. I would never work with anyone I didn't believe in. I need to sleep at night. As with any dental practice there are things that could be better organized. That is anywhere! The main thing that I enjoy is making people happy daily. My colleagues are like family. You make life long friends. This company is not horid as people are trying to lead on. One of the main things that is appealing with this company is you are judged upon your actual abilities. It is not on your ability to click as I have seen in a few private settings. If you will excuse me for my bluntness. If you come to my office you will receive quality care in a clean environment surrounded by people that care. Our goal is to provide the best care for our patients and make a difference daily.
Need growth opportunity
Senior Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mableton, GAAugust 28, 2018
I enjoy working with Coast Dental but I need a growth opportunity. I have been working for Coast Dental but the growth opportunity at the current time is very minimal because of upper management.
Pros
Pto
Cons
minimum growth opportunity
First Job
Interim Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 27, 2018
It is great place to form longterm friendships. It is a great place to work for in the beginning for starting your career. A good workplace culture. We are more of a family rather than coworkers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendships I have developed
Pros
Pto
Cons
wages
Disappointment For All
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 23, 2018
Coast Dental has been a very disappointing experience so far.
The interview process is so quick and rushed that you barely have time to ask questions- here are the answers to questions you should be asking before accepting a position with Coast.

Benefits- The company doubled the health insurance premiums for plans so that are much higher than your average health care cost.
There is no 401K matching.
PTO accrues over time but not available until after 6 months of employment.
Coast implemented a blackout period for Thanksgiving and two weeks in December to cover the period around Christmas. Dentists are 'encouraged' to follow the policy however, arent disciplined but staff members are denied PTO and unpaid time off.

Pay- The pay is average, which actually makes it lower than average considering benefits.
There is no annual review procedure in place, there is no opportunity to speak with managers regarding your duties, pay, advancement opportunities, or training opportunities.

Culture- The culture is committed to providing *only* dentists whatever they may ask for in terms of pay, financial incentives like continuing education, relocation, bonuses, extra PTO, earlier benefits eligibility, etc. The culture is committed this way because management is looking for production as value- if you are a dentist, you bring in the most revenue for Coast which makes you the most valuable. Coast Dental has proven track record of hiring externally for any and all positions rather than developing staff or considering internal applicants- there is not even a procedure for
  more... employees to be made aware of openings which they may be qualified for unless they're monitoring the job board.
Coast is inconsistent with applying policies and practices. Exceptions are made for favorites and dentists.
HR and Management are unapproachable, there's only an email, no phone number to contact someone.

Overall, if you are looking for an opportunity to grow in your career and be valued by your employer- look elsewhere.
Pros
Coworkers and Colleagues generally have the same outlook on working for Coast
Terrible place to work
RDH (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 10, 2018
This corporation was focused only on production and pushed hygienists and other staff to sell unnecessary treatment to patients. They were only concerned about the bottom line and not about the quality of care they were providing to patients. On the positive side, the benefits were great, but the stress involved wasn't worth it.
Dental
OFFICE MANAGER/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 24, 2018
I was the Office Manager/Receptionist therefore I handled the front office myself. I learned how to do payroll, scheduling, inventory, bank deposits, etc. Management needed work. Workplace was very unprofessional there was a lot of profanity.
The company is not bad..They just don do raises and i as an employee go way and beyond for the company..I need more pay..I have nothing bad to say..
Lead Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 18, 2018
I have been in Dentistry for 20 years and love what I do..Just want to advance in my field.....I love being a Dental assistant and that,s why I teach and train Dental Assistants..
Very stressful place for Hyginist
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 14, 2018
Management always push Hygienist to sell stuff. Production is everything. Minimum help. When I was working there I never felt that I’m a clinician. They treat Hygienist poorly.
Benefits
Cons
Very stressful situation for Hygienist
Competitive
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Loganville, GA 30052July 13, 2018
Too many offices, too many district managers, the rules are different in the offices, corporate location out of state, none of the patients are ever happy after treatment if they even get treatment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great job
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJune 26, 2018
Enjoy this company, great staff and close to home. Every that works with is friendly. Love working in the dental field. Its a very busy office, i have learned to run the office, key holder, able to follow up on claims, verify insurance for patients. The hardest part of the job would be able to present a treatment plan, which I have been working on. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a wonderful staff and my patients.
Very busy and fast paced
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 22, 2018
I liked my job at this office. The work was good and the people were supportive. The benefits are great however the drive was long. I live in Ocala and this position was in Gainesville. That is 40 miles twice a day to drive. If I could have moved to Gainesville then I would still be working there. Unfortunately, my health made the drive impossible.
Pros
Great office and benefits
Cons
Fast paced and stressful at times
Competitive Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed my job until I had to push products and got in trouble for patients cancelling. The work environment at times was very stressful, but I will say when my disease came about my boss was some what understands.
Challenging Work Environment
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAMay 28, 2018
The position of Business Manager would be more rewarding with greater autonomy and less micro-management. Work-life balance needs improvement. However, working as a business manager with the right team in place, the sky is limit. This success was evident when my office and team won office of the year (178 offices).
Pros
Responsible for the success of the business.
Cons
Micromanagement
coast dental
Dental Assistant/Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLMay 17, 2018
No more raises, supplies are scarce. Lots of turn over. Outdated equipment fixer and developer solutions are toxic and harmful to kidneys. Lots of medicaid patients and high pressure selling encouraged.
Pros
my check
Cons
everything
Relaxed Atmosphere for a Recovering Company
Facilities and Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2018
Coast Dental has suffered through some tough times by mismanaged deals and misguided direction back in 2016. The company is clearly recovering and the turnover reflects an ushering to a new age at Coast. Working at the Corporate office is very relaxed but not on the tier of a top performing company. They offer minimal Paid Time Off that does not go into your "bank" until your Sixth month of employment. Non matching 401K. If you are transitioning from another company, keep your nest egg there. Mounting pressure, not from co-workers or superiors, but from the fact that the Coast Dental network is very expansive and the company is simply understaffed and ill prepared to handle the sheer magnitude of large company issues.

Its not all bad though, Coast does provide a balance workplace that allows employees to meet the needs of their family and personal lives. Although that can be accredited to the supervising personnel more so than what is ingrained in the culture.
Pros
Flexible schedules, standard business hours, convenient location
Cons
No matching 401K, very minimal PTO time, higher than average health benefits, high turnover, non qualified personnel in advanced positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coast Dental Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.