Coast Personnel Services Employee Reviews

Wonderful people and management
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WIAugust 1, 2018
It was a great company to work for. The advancement is slower than most companies and the onsite location was not ideal.
To be stationed inside Sanmina plant was horrible when their atmosphere sucked the life out of you. But Coast was wonderful company to work for.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
The customers they work for
do not care about employees
Production Supervisor - Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJuly 29, 2018
work supervisors like dogs, treat associates different, they had their favorites. I would not have taken a full time job there if offered.
Definitely a Good Ole Boy company
Fast paced environment
Hr Administrator/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 28, 2018
My day consists of completing new hire paperwork, responding to emails, running background checks for future candidates, and filing away confidential files.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low salary
Treated poorly
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAMay 20, 2018
I think I'm being treated very poorly. I just started working there and I've been without work for a week now I say screw this place there full of talk How do you hire someone and tell them its 40hrs a week it full time but then all of a sudden they tell you not to come in because work is slow and that I'm less experienced than others wtf
Pros
Unfair
Cons
Unequal
Coast is a fun place to work and you get along well with people.
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 2, 2018
My typical started off with me getting up early going to a job that I like. The most important part of the job was me getting along and working well with other people.
Pros
I could go to work everday and work.
Uph
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2018
the unit per hour was 100-200 and I was really going above that ,because the working rate was actually too first .and I had to work too first to reach
Pros
30 minute lunches
Cons
15 minute break
Typical Temp Agency
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Nothing really different about them from other companies. All work is hard work. Here they will do their best to put you somewhere you'd want to go.
Pros
You get hours, okay pay
Cons
short breaks, takes a long time between assignments
Job placement service
Shipping/Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Coast quickly placed me into a company near my home with a fair salary. When I wanted to change to a new position with a different company they obliged.
Pros
Decent salary
Cons
No free healthcare or paid vacations
Bad Managment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 17, 2018
Pay checks are never correct amount.
No clear direction on what your job is or who to report too.
Sometimes have to chase someone to get your paycheck.
Favoritism triumphs actual work experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 3, 2018
First off, don't waste your time even applying. They only hire people within their network. A person can have zero skills but is hired because that person is friends with someone in management.

If you have an actual family, don't work here. Management are made up of single people so it's expected you work 10+ hours each day and come in on the weekends if needed. Those in executive positions can leave and
Pros
Single and ready to make money
Cons
No work/life balance
A fun workplace until company rumors spread company closure than everything went downhill from supervisor to employers
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJanuary 3, 2018
I loved my job when I first started until comps y was closing we had options to move forward with another company but I choose not to..I went back to school and got my degree but I just wa t to say mangermemt was poorly as far as having communication with the staff it was never address to get to the bottom of truth or dare it"s all good I'm in a better place with honest employees and great benefits boom
Pros
Meet some great people that was not treated fairly and nothing done about it people scared to talk
Cons
Short breaks, lots of fights, not enough pay
Terrible customer service and place to work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 30, 2017
They don't understand what a temp service means. Temp stands for Temporary! They place you in a position that need filled instead of a position you feel comfortable with. Once I received a better opportunity at a permanent position I was yelled at for taking a better position. They don't give you an employee handbook like any other temp service (or any company in general) so don't ever expect to call out, know when you get paid or what the company regulations are. I would not recommend this company to anyone based off the lack Of professionalism. They Do not give you a policy handbook but expect you to know the regulations(because your suppose to know this already I suppose). They do not give you the materials you need to do your job properly (gloves, protective glasses, id badge holders, lanyards etc.) I had to buy everything out of my own pocket once I found out I needed everything. In a summary just stay away from the headache but if you end up having a good experience kudos to you because mine was absolutely tragic!
Pros
Weekly pay, No background check, drug test easy to pass
Cons
One break, rude employees, min. Pay for jobs, lack of communication, disorganized, Dishonest, poor customer service
Doesn't care about their employees at Toyota
Variable Team Member (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 7, 2017
The pay is good if they get your time right. Always keep your own record of time worked because they get it wrong a lot. Also if you have any problems with a Toyota employee you might as well kiss your job goodbye because they won't stand up for you and Toyota doesn't care how Coast employees are treated.
Pros
Good onsite food service, good pay
Cons
Lack of job security, poor managment
Dinámico
Cosmetic (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAJuly 31, 2017
Mejor salario y un poco mas de organizaci├│n aparte de eso creo que es buena
Pros
Seguro muy caro
Cons
No hay descanso para tomar cafe
Temporary employment service
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 30, 2017
Coast does an excellent job of placing the right people in the right spots. When there are discrepancies concerning anything they are quick to rectify it.
Nice and easy place to work at!
Cosmetics worker (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 8, 2017
My shift started at 6am and got out at 2. The workers were very friendly, management was nice too! It felt nice to work somewhere where you are appreciated! Overall a good job, just a little bit of drama between the women there, they are very nosy and i stayed away from them most of the time.
Pros
Morning shift
Staffing Manager
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2017
I was hired to be a "place filler" while the company transitioned. The office ended up closing 6 months after I was hired. The management was based out of California, so it was difficult to communicate regularly, although the company has many satellite offices throughout the US.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 7, 2017
Coast is a good temp agency who helped me get a job at Toyota Manufacturing. Toyota was a great place to work. It was a very fast paced environment. They cared a lot about safety of the people.
Okay place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 6, 2016
The warehouse is hot, and the people are hard to deal with as well the management, but overall it's an okay place to work. It's a repetitive and constantly ongoing job.
Temporary assignment.
Technical Writer/Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TxOctober 3, 2015
Translate manuals into different languages.
Learned Adobe CS5.
Supervisor was good teacher, but was very disrespectful.
Co-workers were not any help.
Being the only one there when you needed help.
Getting to illustrate in adobe illustrator.
Pros
Engineers great to work with.
Cons
Supervisor hard to work with. Would not listen to ideas.