Coast Professional, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Collaborative Atmosphere
Consumer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, NYDecember 12, 2018
I entered collections not knowing a thing about it and have found Coast Professional Inc. to be an accepting company no matter what your background is in the experience of collections. Whether you are brand new to the scene, or someone with years of knowledge, you are treated the exact same. I enjoy going to work every day, and getting the opportunity to make someone around me better at their job, and receive the same in return. The biggest thing about working at Coast Professional Inc., that I love the most is the competitiveness between co-workers which drives each other to be better. People throw around the phrase "family atmosphere", and with Coast it is just that. At Coast you are not treated as a number, but rather an individual with the same opportunity at advancement as the next person. Coast Professional Inc. offers tremendous benefits, paid time-off and the opportunity to make your own schedule.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Benefits
Great Company to Work for and Advance
Consumer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, NYDecember 11, 2018
Coast is a leader in the ARM Industry. It is expanding and growing at a rapid pace which allows for advancement in operations and non-operations.

The environment is competitive and fast-paced. One will achieve the monetary and career goals they desire with a strong work ethic and commitment as the opportunities are bountiful.

Management, including senior management, truly care for the employees and want everyone to succeed. This is not standard in the ARM industry where individuals are treated as a number. At Coast, the Company provides many benefits including: flex-scheduling, bonus compensation, healthcare, 401K and employee appreciation outings.

Having worked for several companies that are Coast's competition, never have I been valued and appreciated as I have at Coast. This is significant as it represents the company's values which are its employees.
Pros
Healthcare, Bonus Compensation, Opportunity
Will Never Look Back
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYOctober 29, 2018
Worst company I've worked for. Management, Human Resources, Directors are all in cahoots with one another. This company is a "By the Handbook" company, by this I mean you should actually read there Company Handbook and know pieces of it, if not you wont make it in this company. If you have an issue that you need to speak to Human Recourses about they will deny you and tell you EVERYTHING is per manager discretion. Also, they offer Healthcare but its mandatory and it's $800 a month out your paycheck, there's only the one option for Healthcare.
Pros
Free Pizza Once a Month, Flex Schedule
Cons
Management, Fast Turn Over, Unobtainable Goals
stressful
Consumer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 23, 2018
not everyone is held to the same standards. even when it is brought to someones attention nothing is done. its a stressful environment. they do small things to make everyone feel like they care about you.
Excellent Place To Work - Great Benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 16, 2018
Coast is a very fast pace environment. It is constantly growing and adapting to changes that take place in collections. I came to Coast from a large mortgage banking company. After working almost 11 years in mortgage banking I was nervous about transitioning to a collection agency. I have found the job to be rewarding. I have adapted well and look forward to continued growth and success. If you are looking for a career that will continuously push you to the limit and helping you to grow as an individual and as an employee, then Coast is top of the line. I can honestly say that Coast overall has been a more rewarding job than any other I have worked in. I now feel I have a career path and not just a job. Things are not easy in todays ever fast changing world but if you're ready for a good career then Coast is in top 2 for Monroe/West Monroe area as well as all of north east Louisiana.
Pros
Great Benefits, Bonus Plans, Referral Plan, Excellent Pay
Cons
Challenging and rewarding job with great work life balance
Support (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, NYSeptember 4, 2018
My time at Coast has been both challenging and rewarding.

Coast offer's great pay, benefits, extensive training, flexible scheduling, and a competitive fast-paced work environment.

I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to start their career.
Pros
Competitive Salary, Career Advancement Opportunites
Cons
Frequent system issues (daily), Poor communication between departments
Great People and Great Opportunity
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, NYAugust 22, 2018
Coast has provided me a great work environment with some truly great people. I have been able to advance in my career here and really enjoyed my time while doing it.

Paid training, healthcare, flex scheduling, uncapped bonuses, office lunches and picnics, Coast really has it all. I don't know many companies that give you turkeys or hams for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter but Coast always reminds you how important you are to their success.

With multiple departments and contracts there really is a place for everyone at Coast, I encourage anyone in the job market or anyone looking for a better opportunity to find their place at Coast.
Pros
Flex Scheduling, Uncapped bonus
Company overview
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAAugust 22, 2018
Coast Professional Inc is a good job for the area and city. The daily work load is pretty busy. Your benefits are paid for once you reach management status which is a perk.
Pros
Benefits are paid by company
Cons
Lot of manual processes
Great Job
Consumer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAAugust 21, 2018
I have been with Coast Professional a little over 2 years and enjoy my job. Just like any other job you have stressful days, but I have commend upper management for being understanding and willing to work with you.
Awesome company to work
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYAugust 21, 2018
Coast Professional, Inc. Is a great company to work for. The base pay is great with excellent bonus potential.
It's a great work environment with excellent leadership!
Pros
Great pay
I don't recommand this job
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 16, 2018
It was unprofessional. The pay was okay. The company was unfair and stressful. They have poor benefits. Not enough personal, sick or vacation time....
I have never worked for a better company!
Consumer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, NYJuly 25, 2018
I was hired on with Coast five years ago, and I am so glad I got the opportunity. Coast is growing rapidly, with unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement. The office culture is amazing, there are several ongoing training opportunities and all the resources needed to succeed are provided to you.
I started at Coast Professional Inc. as a Consumer Care representative. As a Consumer Care Representative I had ongoing training by a good group of management to help me learn and succeed every step of the way. In this position you have a competitive bonus plan and great benefits like flex scheduling, PTO, 401k, health insurance, no weekends, and paid holidays off all in all a very rewarding position.
Once I was promoted to a Consumer Care Manager, the benefits and experience both grew from there. As a manager, I oversee a team to help them learn, grow and be successful with Coast. The leaders of Coast are very positive, provide tools for success and have created a great work environment. Managers are rewarded for all their hard work with a competitive bonus plan, additional PTO and special functions including but not limited to team building events like going bowling, company picnics, and group lunches.
This has been the most rewarding company that I have worked for, where your hard work and dedication never go unnoticed. I love the money, I love the position, I love the people I get to work with, and I love learning and growing with the company. I would highly recommend Coast to anyone seeking a rewarding career.
Worst Job Ever
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 16, 2018
Coast pays good money but management is horrible, your just another number and management cares nothing about you. Management talks to you like your nothing. The only was you can make it in this company is if the director wants to be a “GOOD FRIEND”. The director looks down on you and does his managers. This company demeans you and act as if your nothing. I would never go back there.
Pros
You have to be a favorite or the director has to want to have relations with you, no pros.
Cons
Horrible Management
Excellent job opportunity
Loan Refinance Officer (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYJuly 2, 2018
This company is a great place to work for! The environment is always positive and the staff is very caring! I would recommend working for this company.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Long working hours
So-so
Collect on defaulted student loans (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYJune 8, 2018
The job pays really well for the area and they allow you to have flexible scheduling. This allows you to come and go as you please. Coworkers were friendly, but it was definitely a cut-throat environment. Management tends to get on power trips, and don't necessarily manage in the most efficient manner.
Great pay, Benefits and advancement oppertunity
Consumer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, NYMay 21, 2018
Coast Professional Inc. changed the way I have been able to enjoy my life. I have never had a work-life balance quite like while working at Coast. The flexible scheduling allows you to have the freedom to choose when you work. This has allowed me to spend more time with my family as I can alter my schedule around that week's activities. At Coast all holiday's are honored and they provide paid time off and opportunities for 401k and health care which is a plus. The base pay at Coast is very lucrative and if you combine that with the generous bonus structure you will find yourself in a very good position. Coast also promotes from within the company and is always posting jobs that anyone can apply for offering many different departments to work in and opportunities for professional and personal growth. When I started at Coast I had no work experience in the industry but with the support from management and on-site training program I was able to find a career that changed my life.
Pros
Pay, Benifits, Advancement
Awesome Benefits
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Geneseo NYMay 17, 2018
There are so many opportunities to advance in the company. I feel like we work together as a team and the management is there for you. The training has helped me progress in the company.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Bonuses, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Working late nights
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMay 16, 2018
It was a great job to work at. It was a friendly but competitive place to work at because you want to get the top spot for collecting but overall was great.
Looking for a quick buck. Cool. But not a long term thing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAApril 20, 2018
Floor managers are trash, making the supervisor trash. Supervisor are treated like house slaves, they will do anything for money. And the floor manager will destroy anything or anyone who may cause them to lose there position EVEN IF THEY ARE IN THE WRONG.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very unstable place to work . No security. No long term position
Good Money/ Unorganized
Collector (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYMarch 1, 2018
Coast professional inc offers great benefits and opportunities for those who a fit to handle the environment. Although my time there left me with a bad taste for the location I held my position, I want this review to be informative to those whom wish to apply for a position at Coast Professional Inc.

Pro's and commentary:
*Great pay *Flexible scheduling *Commission's *Opportunities to move up
The pay is excellent with opportunity to bring home anywhere from $40,000 to $60,0000 a year. Furthermore, if you an outstanding employee, there are many opportunities to move up in the company

Cons and commentary:
*Bad management *Strict rules and regulations *Demanding *Cannot have any paper copies of your signed agreements with the company which includes written warnings, policies, and scheduling.

Now the part I've been anticipating to share, my experience at Coast Professional. This is a job for self starters, although the training was extensive there's very little support once you start taking calls. When asking questions or getting feedback on your progress, you can expect brief answers with little coaching on how to make the required improvements. The environment is fastpaced, loud, and chaotic. Although I enjoyed the job itself, I felt uncomfortable during my time at Coast Professional Inc, I often heard management talking about certain employees badly. Furthermore management had a very unwelcoming and belittling attitude towards the new hires that struggled.

Overall if your someone who is very clean cut with self starter skills and a very outgoing personality,
  more... this may be the job for you. However, if your quiet, conservative, akward, or nervesouly anxious person this is not the environment for you because you will not get the help you need to excel.  less
Pros
Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coast Professional, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Coast Professional, Inc. Reviews by Location