Coastal Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. Employee Reviews

This was a job that required me to work under stress daily.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Punta Gorda, FLMarch 17, 2018
Because of the clientele, each day at my job at Coastal was different. If clients were unstable, they might call over and over again during the day and be in a very agitated mood.

Having worked for an attorney, I was prepared to deal with people in stressful situations -- for example, divorces, real estate closings, personal injury suits.

I learned how to deal with a clients as well as supervisors who are in a constant state of change. The company requires a strict adherence to their policy and procedure, but those were very frequently revised and/or amended. There were, very often, new staff in the office who were learning their jobs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the improvement in clients' mental health due, at least in part, to the services they received from FACT.
Pros
The job requirements were frequently changing. It was never boring.
Cons
The pay was very low.
rewarding when you see clients progress
LPN (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 4, 2018
Liked my job, hours were great, they provided no benefits,I liked working with the providers and the clients. If you can work indepedently it's not bad.
Avoid at all costs.
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 22, 2018
The company is financially unstable. Currently terminating long term employees in an attempt to stay solvent. Management's lack of any concern toward employees is appalling at best. Advise any licensed professionals to avoid .
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
To numerous to mention
bad work environment
Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  csuNovember 28, 2017
In my opinion, Coastal is a work environment that is very negative and management does not support staff. Pay is very low; no raises nor opportunity to advance.

In my opinion there is a culture that does not show appreciation; as well as issues that will never got addressed such as favoritism and management yelling at you.

In my opinion, Staff if they are friends with right people can violate policy and still keep their job
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
management lack of support
safety and patient care
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 11, 2017
The company as a whole was not that bad to work for. Management team tried their best to help the staff. I learned about the mental health part of healthcare. The culture of the workplace was very different from what i was use to. But when it all came down to it the patients needs was what really mattered.
Pros
good pay, hours available, advancement
Cons
breaks to short, and sometimes not enough staff
Management Needs Improvement
Adult Targeted Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Management is not effective in recognizing the value of loyal and skilled employees. There are some good benefits. This is a required review to post a resume.
A company that helps people with bipolar disorder
Compeer Program Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 28, 2015
This is a voluntary job that I decided to do in order to be in touch with people with bipolar disorder. This job gave me the experience of mentoring people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coastal Behavioral Healthcare, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Coastal Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. Reviews by Location