Coastal Bend Wellness Foundation Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
Prevention Specialist
Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 6, 2018
Leadership is not very good and people do not work together as a team. Didn't give you advance notice when they needed you to work late. Not well on communication.
Great place to work, If you love working with diverse populations and helping others in your community.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 1, 2017
Great agency, perfect fit for those who have a desire to make a difference in your community and grow as a counselor case manager or any position that involves working with individuals to help facilitate change for improvement. This agency provides numerous opportunities on a daily basis for employees to make a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
too many too list, great place to work!
Cons
job security
Fun place to work for!
Risk Reduction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 31, 2017
Fun place to work for and very flexible. You feel very comfortable and gives you opportunity to evolve and have experience in many areas. You get holidays off. Paid travel for training and conferences.
Pros
Flexible. Fun. Help the community.
Cons
Job security. Pay. Management.
Great Work
Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 27, 2017
I was given the opportunity to work at CBWF for 2.5 years and I made some great lifelong relationships. I also learned a lot from the HIV Outreach aspect. I was able to carry on a lot of resources and knowledge. While my time at CBWF I gained a lot of passion for the community and giving back. The hardest part of the job was saying good bye to lifelong friends when I resigned. The most enjoyable part of my job was working as a team with my co workers.
Pros
Friendships, Knowledge, Resources
Positive Environment
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 7, 2016
Bosses go out of way to make you feel welcomed. Always a kind word and genuinely interested in hearing about your views. I love that there are so many programs that provide so much to the community. Generous PTO and benefits, like only paying $30 a pay period for insurance that includes dental. I really like the feeling that I am part of this team.
Pros
Good benefits, generous PTO
Great place for services
PADRE Case Manager and Outpatient Counselor (Current Employee) –  5633 S. Staples, Corpus Christi, TXNovember 15, 2016
Staff are passionate about their work. Clients come first. The work is not always easy, however it is fulfilling. The staff are supportive of one another. The days are filled with helping clients in finding the solutions to problems, receiving services needed for healthy living, and finding resources. The hardest part of the job is making sure of the details for reports and not getting to lost in work to make sure that you have the information required for grants.
fun work place
Education/Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 13, 2016
Everyone is nice at the job. very friendly environment, does not feel like work as time goes by quick without even noticing because is fun working and get breaks
Pros
free lunch
Cons
need to finish assignment on time
Neat organization and welcoming and co-associates
Community Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 12, 2016
This facility is a neat environment and co-associates are welcoming. A good Not-for-profit organization to work. I enjoy working in the Outreach and Prevention Department as a Community Outreach Worker a great deal. I would definitely recommend this position and organization to other prospective job seeker.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 29, 2015
Great place to work. Fun atmosphere. Rewarding work experience. Flexible hours. Enjoyed learning about what they do for the community.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Good co-worker atmosphere, positive feelings about client care
HEI Case Manager (Former Employee) –  5633 S. StaplesJune 18, 2015
The overall feel of CBWF was positive: Case Workers, Education Specialist, Client Services employees were concerned and caring.

The majority of the Directors were excellent.
Pros
Positive work atmosphere from fellow employees
Cons
Unknown at this time
Excellent workplace
Risk Reduction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 11, 2015
This position left me with a good feeling and a sense of accomplishment everyday. Helping others and learning about the struggles they faced day to day kept me humble and wanting to do more.
Very fast paced enironment
Lead Risk Reduction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 15, 2014
I enjoy a job where multi tasking and fast pace is necessary!
fun, great working with children
Prevention Educator III (Current Employee) –  corpus christi, TXJuly 3, 2014
I generally present for children and adults over several topics. I am a great presenter and can present in any type of setting: classroom, conference, training for professionals, college auditorium, and even treatment facility. I can schedule presentations, calculate our target numbers, report to our funders, organize events in over 2000 in attendance, solicit donations(this year i reached over 40,000 in cash match donated items), work as a team, deligate responsibilities, QA staff, conduct performance reviews on staff, and turn in required documentation in a timely manner.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not much advancement opportunities