COASTAL BEVERAGE Employee Reviews

Don't do it!
Admin Asst. (Former Employee) –  Farmville, NCApril 22, 2019
Out of all the jobs I have held in my career, this was by far the worst. The manager I had above me would talk about everyone negatively behind their backs and could not be trusted. Soon after realizing what type of company and person she was, I quit (no two weeks warning).
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Negative environment
Very fun and fast paced
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Pollocksville, NCFebruary 27, 2019
Coming in to work and start your day with meetings knowing where the day starts and how much has to be done. Keeping a tally of your cases in order to reach goals you set for your pay and bonuses.
Good place to work for a cdl driver.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pollocksville, NCFebruary 18, 2019
Working at coastal beverage for almost six years it made me a better truck driver. In that time span I learned how to manage a route properly and how to deal with customers. I covered many local areas so being in a different location everyday and being able to be out and about and run the route how you want was a good feeling. The hardest part about the job was the heavy lifting of kegs and having to go up and down stairs and stack them at times. This comes with the route if you run a side loader but all routes don't handle kegs. Overall this was a good company to work for and I would recommend it for any cdl driver looking for a delivery job.
great company with a lot of great employees
ROUTE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCFebruary 3, 2019
For my position as a route assistant, I would get to work around 3 in the morning. the time I started was based on the area we were delivering to, in my case it was a 2 and a half hour ride to the first stop. The driver and I would generally have around 10 stops each day, with the amount of product varying from week to week. at worst it works out to be around 8 hours working and 5 hours traveling. I learned how to organize product efficiently and safely maneuver hand carts and small forklifts. The best part was the number of hours and the colleagues. Coastal Beverage puts the safety of their employees above sales.
Pros
overtime pay, weekly routine, friendly employees, and discounts on products.
Cons
early mornings and long days
Expect to run. Never get help. Pay is pathetic
Ex-Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 24, 2019
You will never have a helper unload full semi of product have more responsibility then most doctors. Do research on pay scale I make twice as much per year with half the responsibilities few states north same job. 30g to 60g trust me do your homework someone is making bank here wont be YOU !
Pros
None at all unless you cant find work with cdl home every night is a joke if you cant move from pain
Cons
Every part of this pathetic pay for the work you do really 30g CDL'S HAHA
Great environment
Slaes Rep (Former Employee) –  Pollocksville, NCJanuary 9, 2019
Awesome place to work. The people where fantastic, they really looked out for there employees. I had to move to be closer to home so I had to find a job closer to the city I currently live in
Distribution/Supply Chain
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Farmville, NCDecember 16, 2018
Environment not conducive to change management beyond restructuring activities. Gap between geographic locations and alignment of processes. Average comp.
Productive and fast paced.
CSR Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Farmville, NCNovember 28, 2018
Management easy to get along with. Supervisors easy to work with. I pretty much got along with everybody, including warehouse staff. The pay is great and you only work 4 days a week except during high volume weeks like the 4th of July and Memorial Day week. Great benefits and plenty of vacation time.
Pros
4 day work week. Great pay
Cons
Touch freight. Work in the elements (heavy rather rain + cold coolers)
a good company to work for but you are going to work very hard
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eastern NCSeptember 20, 2018
Coastal is overall a good company to work for. The pay and benefits are good and most of the people are good to work with.
The problem I have with the company is that the drivers do most of the hard work but are on a fixed salary so they don't get paid for the extra work that is put on them.
The salesmen are paid bonuses for selling more beer so they will often order more beer than the customer actually needs. This puts extra strain on the drivers who have to deliver all of the extra beer. Often the salesmen will order so much extra that there will literally be no where in the customer's store to put all of it. This causes the drivers to have to find places to put it all. This results in beer stacked to dangerous heights and wastes time and effort of the drivers who end of stacking and re-stacking the beer. It doesn't matter how much beer the driver delivers or how long it takes to deliver it, they just get paid the fixed salary.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 2, 2018
This really is a great company to work for.Hours are good and management does do their best to work with you and your schedule. Many different departments so cross overs and advancements are possible and making a career with the company is HIGHLY likely. Like most great companies though there are some things lacking, that make me seek other ops, but to be honest this company has WAY more pros than cons. Family company and family oriented, and when you start working it's like having another family. Great track record and has been in business for a long time (founded in 1960).
Pros
Like Family, Hours are good, Competitive pay, Benefits, Pto
Cons
There are a few, and it varies person to person, so I can't really say.
Work you like a slave
Route Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCAugust 1, 2018
Everyone is in a group and the drivers keep to themselfs and do not let anyone know when they are doing something wrong. The igher ups don't let you know anything.
Fun Place to work
Route Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pollocksville, NCJuly 21, 2018
Between all the drivers we competed to see who could get back the warehouse fast so it made it very fun and competitive. We were able to complete all the client requests during this time so we had happy clients
Pros
Discounted product for employees
Cons
I never received a cost of living wage
N/a
Picker (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 6, 2018
This position was not hourly it was pick rate. Management was unprofessional and unorganized and lack of communication with staff. I would not recommend this position.
Not a very productive place of work in my opinion
Merchandiser full time (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 10, 2018
Coastal beverage company was a decent place of work but definitely wasnt easy work. Never got help when needed and salesman did what they wanted i do not recommend.
Good company with potential
Order Picker/Loader (Current Employee) –  Farmville, NCMay 10, 2018
Coastal is a good company to work for. It does however need some people renovations. I mean they need a new set of management personnel there. Accountability and responsibility in management not holding us accountable for their actions.
Pros
advancement
Cons
short breaks, long hours for low pay
Perform your duties in a timely manner
Driver/certified fork lift (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 26, 2018
Remember that you are being paid to do a job and everything else falls into place. I learned to work different personalities and adjusted to them.....it would be a lie to say it was all good ,but for the most part it was good.
Benefits
Cons
None that I can think of
Fun place
On premise Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmville, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Laided back company. Loved doing events and meeting people. Enjoyed the people I worked with and loved the product I was selling. Wonderful having weekends off to spend with family.
hard work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 20, 2018
A stressful job for the reason that starts work at 3:00 in the morning.
The pay is very low for the work that was done when I was working and others in was paid $11 time and no it is not just enough
Fun workplace with great fellow employees
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 9, 2018
The people who work here are great people with positive attitudes and a hard work ethic. The managers are nice but have zero sympathy if an employee has a serious problem. I contracted bronchitis due to the dust in the warehouse and after showing the manager a doctors note saying I needed to recover I was fired because they needed people who could work.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Management is unfair
Stress all the time
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 22, 2017
Bad work place to move up. Grate people to work with always short staff the place has rats and other insects no room to park but when your team dose good you get pizza i cant take pizza to the bank.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad management