Coastal Cargo Company Employee Reviews

Talking
Labor Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Talking getting to know people and I learn to work a forklift and work the crane and even work when the rain is bad a little and you even work dirt boats at night time and sometime
Pros
Gas card
Cons
Lack of days off
Not a safe or productive place to work
Stevedore and warehouse laborer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 17, 2018
While working at the company I've seen foreman and superintendents ask for you to do unsafe work when the wouldn't do it or the unsafe way it was they suggested.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and nasty work place
Great Job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 14, 2017
it was great job you meet new people form a bond between your work crew you learn to work together and stick together and build other people up us your common knowledge
Was it even a job?
Steel Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 7, 2017
Formal application process uniform etc, then nothing. Would work sometimes for 3-4 weeks straight then its as if the place was a ghost town, then mysteriously reopened at odd times. hours were hard to get and when you got them you had to fight to prove you were there.
Operations Manager Has Not A Clue
Customer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Coastal Cargo, for the most part. The Operations Manager sets up his superintendents to fail, he has abosulotly no organization skills and ZERO people skills.

He constantly lies to customers and employees alike.

The upper management have to do something about him before the remaining labor and superintendents leave, as well as the customers who are fed up with the LIES!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Operations Manager, long shifts when no relieve is available.
A lot of headaches for a small salary
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harmony Street wharf New Orleans LouisianaNovember 8, 2016
The company was different pre Katrina. Management was working together.The workers looked out for each other.The workers actually had fun and a sense of security and accomplishment in loading or unloading all kinds of cargo.Maintenance and operations communicated and worked together to get the job done.The equipment was much newer and better maintained.All mechanics were trained and very professional.The hours were long but nobody minded .
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Dirty dangerous work
Fun, but a lot of hours
Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 6, 2015
Costal Cargo is located on the river and I loved being on the water everyday. This was a labor job and it kept me busy. When doing inventory you have to put your hand on every piece you count to get it right. I learned how to operate a forklift and I could do any job out there the men could do. I also learned how to lay out a warehouse and set up 18 wheeler truck so that they are balanced and it all fits. I enjoyed this job but now I have kids and no weekends off and working pass dark. That wasn't what I wanted to work once I had children.
Pros
great money and benifits
Cons
Alot of hours
Productive WHEN they have work
Flagger / Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSDecember 5, 2013
This job was a great experience; the only down to this job is that the work was not persistent; If you were guaranteed full time hours it would be a great place to advance.