Coastal Farm & Home Supply LLC Employee Reviews

Overall good
Firearm Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAJune 26, 2019
Good place to work and have fun! Supervisors were terrible but the manager is a very patient and overall a good boss, very laid back. Customers were sometimes nice. Lots of drug and tweakers came in everyday stealing stuff.
Pros
Fun, steady work, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, bad managment, required sales meeting on sundays
Na
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORMarch 6, 2019
Coastal farm is a a wonderful place to work. I was there for many many years and learned many things. It is growing and is recommended or employment. What else would you like me to say?
Pros
Fun
Cons
Hard work
Stay away
Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAFebruary 21, 2019
I would not recommend working in the Marysville Coastal simply because management does not know what they are doing and don’t know how to run a store. You get treated badly, are expected to pick up other people’s slack and a lot of times are not compensated for it. Some days you think you’re working in your department and other days you end up working 2 or 3 departments. Don’t get me started with the FEMALE manager and FEMALE supervisor. They pick favorites. Anyone they know or love, they don’t make them do anything, they let them get away with anything that they don’t do and make another co worker do the work once they start their shift, so it makes them have even more work to do and if they don’t get it done, then management will have something to complain and blame them for something the previous worker should have done. They think they know everything, and love to barge in every conversation you have with customers, they always have a rude attitude towards customers and co workers. They love to micromanage everything, they like to run every department as if nobody knows how to run their department. And they expect one person of every department to do all the work. Instead of the leads taking charge, yet they’ll pay the leads more to do nothing when they should take charge but don’t, the worst part is when you have to do the work for a department because the co workers that work in that department don’t know anything about their department and don’t know what they are doing or know what the customers need or want or are talking about, and one supervisor will tell you to  more... do one thing and a manager will tell you to do it a different way. And the “customer service” we have to give to people who look sketchy is over the top ridiculous, we don’t get paid enough to look after customers who tend to steal, and get a photo or license plate of their vehicles, it’s not worth the risk and management always try to act like superheros and chase after someone who steals, like really it’s not worth your life over a t shirt. They tend to make a big scene over every little thing some people try and steal. Lack of communication, they’ll call you in when they screw up the schedules and give you days off when a lot of times already have plans. If anything, the FEMALE manager and FEMALE supervisor are the reason why most people would leave. Plus the lazy co workers you have to pick up after. And the pay is terrible, you’ll do the job of others who get paid more or help others and won’t get paid for it.  less
Pros
The coworkers, breaks
Cons
Lazy co workers, management, schedules, customers
Part time jobs only
Everything (Former Employee) –  5 storesDecember 15, 2018
Excellent part time job for those attending school. Ok full time as you can start to get benefits. Great 401k opportunities. Once you start to get into lead, supervisor, and management roles there is lack of structure. Lots of decisions based on who you you know and not what you know or have to offer. Their workplace culture invite negativism. I see more investment in their part timers and not the people who intend to make a career or work with the company long term which is interesting as one of the core values is to “invest in our people”. There is lack of integrity throughout the company. Great job if you want to work easy and focus on bigger goals.
Pros
Lunches. Product knowledge trainings. Vacation for full time. 401k matching.
Cons
Lack training employees, Negativity/hostility, Favoritism-this will highly affect your ability to be promoted and fit in with this company
Productive job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 20, 2018
The management there is terrible. The main manager is great. There are some good reasons to work there, but the main reason it is a bad place to work is due to most of the managers that are there.
Pros
discount, hour long lunch and 2 breaks
Cons
management, no benefits unless you’re full time and they mainly only hire part time
Co-workers are fun
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJuly 12, 2018
The main manager is bad but all other managers are awesome and all the co-workers are fun and easy to get along with. Everyone is willing to help as a team and makes it easier
Don't do it
Hardlines Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJune 6, 2018
During my time at Coastal, my typical work day consisted of constantly picking up the slack of others without ANY recognition or acknowledgment. I learned that sometimes, you just can not satisfy your management team. The work place is rather hostile; it is a very rare occasion that you will hear "Hey, good job!" or "You did a good job today." Most of the people you work with have this same treatment and getting along with the staff is pretty easy. Most of them have become family to me and we still talk weekly.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Store Manager!
Like Working There
Sales Associate/ Book Keeper (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 30, 2018
I love working with that kind of customer base.

Processing Deposits
Accurately complete all paperwork for submission of daily earnings
Assist cashiers with all problems that arise during shift
Process check out orders
Handle money and count change
Assist customers with finding products.
Stock shelves
Assist Managers with any requested tasks
Pros
Get to help others
Cons
Not enough pay for the work expected
Wonderful retail experiance
Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Wenatchee, WAMay 27, 2017
The management team is great. The owner really cares about his employees and it shows. We all have your own department, but we all helped customers if we happened to be in another department at the time. There is plenty of training to help you learn. The only really bad part is that there aren't many full time positions with a set schedule and most holidays they are open.
Pros
Great benefits for full time employees, management is easy to talk to.
Cons
Not many set schedules, pay isn't great, and they keep bad employees to long.
Coastal farm, very productive and fast moving pace.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJanuary 14, 2017
Coastal farm was a great place to work and a good learning curve for me, i drove forklift for about a year and learned a bit about animal health care and have experience on a forklift.
Pros
Good people to communicate with and work with.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Very productive ,fun atmosphere and even better people,
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORNovember 21, 2016
Starting the day off after clocking in you call out the load outs for the feed,and or fencing,and loading it into the customers vehicle. Then any calls for orders you take using there computers to look everything up, I learned a great deal putting fence together the names of the different types of fence the management team is very lenient as well as strict when needed my co workers were helpful in teaching me the trade the hardest part was the physical strain on the body most enjoyable was getting fit while working and getting paid.
Pros
Free training that involves getting free inventory sometimes
Cons
Was only part time
Productive and home feeling environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at work would be to show up on time, clean the front registers up, make any phone calls necessary, check the bathrooms, and of course run the cash register and keep all customers happy.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Angry customers.
It was a good job
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 17, 2014
I liked my job as a cashier/customer service rep but I knew it wasn't something I wanted to do for the rest of my working life. I learned a lot of things about farming, animals, etc. The hardest part of the job was standing in the same place all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
Pros
I really enjoyed the customers, We were able to purchase almost anything we sold in the store at cost plus 10%
Cons
standing for long periods of time at the register in a small area