Coastal Harbor Treatment Center Employee Reviews

ok
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 14, 2019
The place lacks morale and ethics. Mental health Techs are underpaid and require to do a lot. There is a hierarchy stigma at that place. They do not show a lot of appreciation to workers even during family emergencies such as house fires or death. Treat the mental health techs as if they are disposable.Only perk is being able to help out the children in need.
Productive and fun enviornment
MHT (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 14, 2018
Coastal Harbor allows you to express your ideas and implement them based upon the needs of the children that are being serviced and to help encourage positive behavior to navigate from negative actions and helps to alleviate the trauma
Stay away!
Psychiatric Charge/Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 26, 2018
Company is NOT patient centered! This is RN's perspective. Company itself is more concerned about dollars of course. More like - Let's see how many patients we can squeeze in today. Very sad for needy children or adults. I would never recommend that any parent use UHC to treat their child's issues! Same for adults.
Its a interesting and fun place to work , i enjoy my co workers we are more like a family at Coastal Harbor
Cook (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 20, 2018
I enjoy working round the kids, my employees are the best, its a good work enviornment , its a good paying job and you can grow to learn new thing and skills
Pros
We have events for staff and patients through out the year
Cons
Wish he had longer breaks
Use this place only to gain experience. No advancement. Terrible Pay.
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 19, 2018
There's a strong disconnect between management and "on the floor employees" (mental health techs, therapists, nurses) that work directly with the clients (adolescents 4-17 yrs old). Management stay in their office and almost never visit the units themselves where the clients are and get supervisors to carry out their commands when it's not practical for the environment we work in. For example, the training we receive to restrain patients is a joke if the client is bigger than you and in many cases they are. It's very common to be threatened and/or attacked by a client. Management has never sat on the units to witness the day to day operations; it seems they are afraid to. The clients are children but they are extremely aggressive, manipulative, attention seeking, etc. The legal ratio is 1 staff to every 5 children but common sense would indicate with Coastal Harbor being a level 6 facility (a step away from juvenile) this is not a safe ratio for the staff or the clients. The management at Coastal Harbor is only interested in profits while the employees actually care about the clients and their jobs. However, Coworkers are petty, they sleep with each other and gossip ALOT. The pay is absolutely TERRIBLE ACROSS THE BOARD and raises are literally cents to a dollar (once a year so whatever you came in making be prepared to stay at or around that salary for awhile). Work there for a year (if you can handle it) and then move on to a company that values you.
Pros
Potential to make a difference in client's lives, good place to gain experience
Cons
Management, Pay
Not a good choice for a career.
Director of Plant Operations (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 8, 2018
Inept admin staff. Staff treated without respect, not properly paid either. Pay raises are an insult, and the working environment is very stressful. Not any real support from a Corporate level.
Unprofessional staff
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 4, 2018
Very unorganized. Rude, immature staff. Filthy dirty facility. High staff turn over, even management. Orientation was redundant , ridiculous role playing. Some presenters just read the power point.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Rude staff
Interesting Work Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 7, 2018
I enjoyed job shadowing/interning with the recreational therapists. I did not realize how much paper work is involved with documentation of resident's successes, failures, adherence to programs, etc. I thought the charting process took away from the fully benefit the children could have received with a full attention on the physical activity portion of the program.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 7, 2018
I love my job and what I do for a living. I am there to help make a difference in a child's life, with a man goal of helping them be better the day that they discharged then they were when admitted.
Acute Unit Therapist
Acute Unit Therapist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 2, 2018
This job kept me on my toes. I really had an opportunity to develop my skills as a clinician. My only issue was that I was PT/weekends only, and I quickly hit burnout. The clients are frequent flyers, but not beyond help. Staff exhibited team effort. The supervisor was average.
Stressful
MENTAL HEALTH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GaJanuary 30, 2018
A stressful environment. Supervising children who at times can be volatile and rude. Ensuring that they do not have any means to harm themselves or others.
High pace environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 11, 2017
My day is completing eventful dealing with our population. Many days ending with feelings of accomplishment when able to help any resident achieve their daily goals.
Pros
Great people to work with that cares about our residents.
Cons
Lack of advancement
Stressful
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 6, 2017
This job really taught me a lot in the terms of mental health. I developed a vast array of knowledge and skill when it comes to working with children who have Axix 1 diagnosis.
Stressful working conditions at times,other times it is rewarding to know that you helped someone.
Mental Health Technician/CNA (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 11, 2017
Fast paced environment working with drug, detox, and psych patients. Assists patients with ADL's, vitals, documentation. Assists RN with various tasks.
Pros
They have good benefits
Cons
Mentally stressful at times
fun place to work
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 5, 2017
This environment was stressful because we worked with troubled youth. However, staff got along well and cared about clients and their families. Staff was given the opportunity to make overtime hours as well as allowed to take time off, to avoid a burnout.
Pros
Great food, good communication
Cons
Must be passionate to handle the stress
Residential Therapist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 29, 2017
Long hours, very stressful. Kids are awesome when they make progress, but be ready for a tough experience. It is best if you have prior experience with this level of care. Need to have a tough skin to handle rough days with clients and heavy workload.
Great
Relief Senior Counselor/ Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 21, 2017
The job is great for those who love to help children and adults in a state of crisis. It allow you to yours you skills of problem solving and life skills. It gives you a change to look at life in a different prospective.
Very Active
Mental Health Assistant/Sr. Counselor Relief (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed my environment and surrounding. Training to protect the environment. Understand the position and yourself during work hours. Focus on what is present in the environment.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
job
employee (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 11, 2017
great job to have. enjoy the kids and atmosphere. team player approach, got each other's back, good benefits, paid time off, excellent supervisor to have
Great experience for anyone interested in mental health
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA 31406March 11, 2017
I learned a lot since first starting this job about different mental diagnosis's what cause's them and what symptoms are consistent with what diagnosis's. I genuinely appreciate the experience.
Pros
interactions with various personalities, and a feeling of satisfaction from helping others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coastal Harbor Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Coastal Harbor Treatment Center Reviews by Location