Coastal Mechanical Employee Reviews

Back stabbers liers
Sheet Metal Journeyman (Former Employee) –  East coast of floridaMay 19, 2019
I worked for them twice the first time for 6+ years the second time for 99 days I helped bale them out of a screwed up project a real bad Esperance I drove over 100 miles one way for them to the jobs.they asked me to move closer to there shop in Melbourne fl.then after I moved they sent. Me to work on a school only five miles from where I used to live.I recreated my hole life for them then the laid me off after 6 yes I never missed a day of work even went to work sick a couple of times.they will tell you just what you want to hear then they stab ya in the back.true scum.
Pros
Lots of work most of the time
Cons
There liers and back stabbers
Welder Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 17, 2019
Good Place to work, Great Co-workers, Safe work atmosphere, Scenic location, Boss's are pretty cool, advancement is readily available, location is great
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
a lot of heavy lifting
Worst place i ever worked
General Piping Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2019
Bad culture company president is vindictive and uncaring. Let me go give days before I would have been vested in my 401k costing me thousands. Overworked and then let go at the first sign of slow down.
Pros
Cons
High turnover
Possibly the best job I have ever had
Helper (Former Employee) –  Gibsonton, FLJanuary 9, 2019
I greatly enjoyed working for CMS. The work and co-workers were great and there was usually OT available. I started off new and they are very good at showing you what to do so that you can learn and grow.
6 year employee and going back again
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
They have their faults like all companies but after leaving for a year and a half I have learned to appreciate the time I spent there.Co workers are great and management is tough sometimes but usually fair.We are grown after all and construction workers so this is the life weve chosen.I never got laid off in 6 years even through some slow periods of little work.Dont go there looking for a babysitter because they treat you like an adult and expect you to act like one.No, they dont probide doggy day care or nursing rooms.who does that?
Pros
Steady work, no layoffs
Cons
Used to pay low but seem to have improved.tough but fair people
Dont waste your time
Plumbing mechanical (Former Employee) –  Orlando floridaMay 26, 2018
Find something else. Started out good with the superintendent in place. When he left the company, and they brought in a new superintendent from outside the company was a grave mistake. And it seems like they get off on firing or making people quit.
Fast paced
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 6, 2017
Busy busy place you can learn a skill and take it with you for life,The people there are business like and held you along the way ! I would recommend coastal to a friend
Pros
Experience
Cons
Hard work
Really Good Company
Sheet Metal Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Coastal Mechanical is a great company to work for, the leadership is good and fair. The work load is easy to manage and the skill is easy to learn. The benefits are great.
Pros
Good work pace, easy skill to learn
Cons
Cant think of any
Awesome company
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLFebruary 4, 2017
Great opportunities for advancement. Apprenticeship programs for free. Great benefits.
Have a big party for employees a few times a year.
Proud to work here.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
6 days a week
Good environment, poor compensation
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 20, 2017
The workplace environment and my colleagues were great, however, the Owners/management are cheap. They want A-1 work, but do not want to pay for it.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
12 hour days, 6 days a week
good company to work for
commercial sheet metal installer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2016
hard working productive company, working on new construction hospitals Orlando, FL
company personnel cooperative and helpful
Pros
lots of work available
Make your own destiny!
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2016
Coastal Mechanical is a company where YOU can make your own destiny. If you have a good attitude, good work ethic, and willing to soak up all the training that is offered, you can go as far as you want to go. The majority of the top project mangers at Coastal started out working with their tools. Our top foreman and tradesmen started as helpers and worked their way through our apprenticeship program. If you're already a high caliber tradesmen, and you are happy practicing your craft, you will be appreciated, respected, and compensated according to YOUR attitude how YOU produce! That's the great thing about Coastal, YOU make your own destiny!
Pros
Business Development team monitors work flow to keep us busy, benefits, compensation, compassionate with work/home conflicts
Great Company!
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2016
Company dedicated to helping employees be successful both personally and professionally. They are dedicated to safety and insuring each and every employee goes home safely. Only left to assist with family out of state. Wish I could have retired at this place!

Highly Recommend this company.
Pros
Good Pay, Benifits, Safe
Cons
They are not nation wide
"The Best Hvac Company To Work For"
Sheet Metal Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 21, 2016
I've worked for coastal for almost 5 years, Always plenty of work and overtime, Great co workers, plenty of on job training for your safety and trade improvement. I have learn a lot since high school.
Safety First and Lots of Learning
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 20, 2016
I am proud to work at Coastal Mechanical. I have always been impressed to see all the training going on constantly. Our safety department is always looking to keep our employees safe. Our managers value their employees. I very much love to work at Coastal.
Pros
Continuous Learning
The very worst,good old boy company around.they overload jobs to make contractor happy and expect trades to work in competition for space,very unsafel
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Tampa FlaJuly 5, 2016
Unsafe, untrained foreman.saturate work areas with the trades,then make the tradespeople fight for space to do they're work.draconian supwrvisors ,and good oldboys to midmanage.make up unrealistic schedules,then shorten them to make themselves look good to proj mgr.under tooled, if it was missed on bid,YOU made the mistakewith matieral, unemphatic on any personal /family needs.no field to office communication from employees tolerated.in 31yrs in plplng trades,18 hvac specific I would rather HOLD A SIGN,ON SIDE OF ROAD THA WORK FOR COASTEL MECHANICAL!!
Pros
So.to them good pay
Cons
Cya foreman, crummy work environment
No stability for lead class mechanics might as well be dipping fries !!!
Lunk (Former Employee) –  MiamiJune 4, 2016
Slave everyday delivering incorrect products to only tear down and repeat . Endless circle of idiorcracy only to sell it working or not to the contractor
Pros
Cons
No support no followthrough on advancement
good and productive workplace
mechanical superintendent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2016
company is well grounded with very good benefits, every day is a new learning experience with new challenges, co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable.
The hardest part of the job would be the commute.
The most enjoyable is the fact that I get to visit different projects meet new people, manage filed personal and the thrill of multitasking.
Nice at first
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2015
Very polite at your interview. They pride themselves on firing employees. Very quick to fire you, even if you make one mistake.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Never know on daily basis if you will be fired that day.
Great short term job.
Lead Plumbing Mechanic (Former Employee) –  South FloridaJuly 22, 2015
Great job, great benefits and excellent learning environment. The projects are usually very well organized and everyone on the job(coastal crew) are usually friendly except for management. Next, I would say the compensation is ok only for the reason that they move you to different jobs and expect you to cover all the traveling time and expenses that you incur(I.E. Gas, vehicle wear and tear, tolls). And lastly, job advancement and security... Unless you are friends with someone in management chances are you are never gonna make it there reguardless of how well you perform your job. They will ask a lot from you, that is guaranteed and a lot of upper management won't even acknowledge your presence or thank you. Also if they feel like cutting man hours you better hope your buddies with one or more of the foreman....
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
No Employee appreciation and very little chance of career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coastal Mechanical. Our community is ready to answer.

Coastal Mechanical Reviews by Location