Coastal Medical Employee Reviews

Love my Job
Lead Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIAugust 21, 2019
I work in a very busy Pediatric office as a lead medical secretary. I like to be busy, makes the time go by. I have been at this location for 8 years. My manager and assistant manager are GREAT and always listens when we have any issues and have AWESOME problem solving skills. Our office tries it's very best to accomodate all staff when it comes to their personal lives, whether it be coming in late to drop my kids off at school or have to leave early due to having to pick up my sick child. We work very well together as a team. The doctor's in my office are AWESOME and are always willing to help. All our jobs are very demanding, but we still make time to have fun everyday.
Incredible place to work!
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIAugust 6, 2019
I am so thankful to be working at such a fantastic company. There is so much opportunity for growth in the company. Coastal Medical offers a multitude of benefits, including retirement plans, and education reimbursement programs. I work with amazing, down-to-earth doctors, who are approachable, and genuinely care for their patients. I work for a fantastic manager, who leads by example. There are programs offered by Coastal Medical for employees who would like to learn about effective leadership, and professional growth. The company is always looking for input on if or how it can improve itself as well, and Coastal Medical actually listen, and implement changes based on that feedback. Working for Coastal Medical is truly the best decision I ever made.
Poor management and work life balance
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandAugust 4, 2019
Middle management positions are filled by people who lack management experience and applicable degrees. Clinical positions report to non clinical managers.
Fast-paced environment with great growth opprotunity
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 29, 2019
I have worked for Coastal Medical for over six years and have thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The company provides a multitude of growth opportunities and is highly invested in their employees professional development offering a variety of training seminars and leadership academies. I am proud to work for a company who is a leader in innovation and forward thinking who consistently strives to provide the best patient care while also striving to provide that same level of care toward their employees. The teamwork and comradery at our office between the staff and management alike is such a breath of fresh air as well, I feel heard and supported on a daily basis.
Providing exceptional care to patients; gold standard
Management (Current Employee) –  CorporateJuly 17, 2019
I have worked for Coastal for 4 years and am honored to say that I work for a company that prides itself on taking care of the patient first; no matter what that may entail. We are encouraged to be innovative and dynamic by working together to create teams, processes, and a culture that supports the company's vision and model while utilizing our skills and knowledge as a driver to align with the overall goals. Healthcare can be challenging; as registered nurse, I can attest to this, but that being said I am in a place where we are changing healthcare for the better and taking really good care of our patients while doing so.
Pros
leadership seminars, professional and personal development
Manager (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJuly 5, 2019
I recently took a position as a Manager at Coastal Medical and couldn't be happier with my new job. I have been very impressed with the work culture and it is apparent that the Leadership team is very invested in the satisfaction of the employees. I would recommend Coastal Medical to anyone who wishes to work in a fast paced, patient centered organization that values it's employees and truly cares about the health and wellness of the patients that we serve.
Pros
Professional Development Bonuses
Great work experience
Certified Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIJuly 1, 2019
I worked there for my internship and the people were great! Learned a lot and they taught me a lot. Great place! Doctors are great to follow and they are very helpful also.
Pros
Meeting new peoplr
Cons
Wasn't getting paid
Fast-Paced and Productive
Management (Current Employee) –  CorporateJuly 1, 2019
I have worked here at Coastal Medical for more than 4 years, and have felt very supported the majority of the time. Management takes a keen interest in development of employees, and I have been able to take advantage of several opportunities which have helped me increase my leadership skills. There are many opportunities for growth and advancement, and I am encouraged to continue in my professional development in order to take advantage of those opportunities.
Pros
Professional development, yearly bonuses
Cons
Healthcare plan is not great
fast-paced
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 31, 2019
I worked here for only a few months because the doctors I worked for was not doing well financially and joined Costal to stay afloat financially. There was little mentoring or support
The role was not clearly defined
I relocated to another work location which was more supportive and dynamic
The pay was significantly lower and I didn't feel my job was secure.
The model was outdated and didn't consider NPs as PCPs consistently
Pros
supportive staff at East Providence office, on-location imaging and labs
Cons
lower pay, very fast-paced
Toxic and Negative Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 14, 2019
This place will literally suck all the positivity and hope out of you. Upper management does not care about their employees and run through staff on a monthly basis. You’re voice and ideas will not be heard. There’s no collaboration or team work at all. A very cut-throat environment unfortunately. Also the newer positive reviews that have been left on here, all on the same day or days apart, hmm I’d make note of that.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare, Upper Management, Benefits
Excellent place to work
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RIApril 8, 2019
I started at Coastal in 1999 as a Medical Assistant and loved working in that capacity for many years. Over the years I have had multiple opportunities to advance within Coastal. My current role is as the Practice Manger of my office which is challenging but I love it!! I always felt very supported by senior leadership during the transition to my new role and have often relied on the guidance of the HR department who have been incredibly helpful. I feel very rewarded knowing we are making a difference in the lives of our patients.
Pros
advancement, benefits have recently improved and amazing support from other managers
Needs improvenent
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJanuary 7, 2019
I was able to assist and meet great patients. The majority of staff members are very nice however management is very unprofessional, clicky and lack sever communication. It is more about business. patient satisfaction should be the number one priority, as well as helping others within the company grow, not looking at them as a threat. Overall the company is nice to work for.
Pros
Great patients/providers
Cons
Management is very unprofessional
Good company to work for, but ...
Accounts Receivable Associate/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 29, 2018
Coastal Medical is a great company to work for, benefits are fair, however, hours are not flexible, tons of micromanaging, people are not recognized for their good work but they are surely reprimanded for their mistakes.
No team work environment, people look to stab you in the back for anything.
Some of the newer team leaders (hired from within) are not flexible and never understanding. If you have to deal with patients, they are the rudest and most trashy people around and you have NO support from management while this people belittle and insult you on a daily basis.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Micromanagement central
Midlevel providers not valued at Coastal
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 3, 2018
I worked at Coastal Medical for 18 months as a Nurse Practitioner in family practice. This was my first primary care job as an NP, I had worked in a walk-in clinic prior to that and hoped for some orientation time. I was not given any adjustment period/guidance, I had HR orientation and then was booked to see patients the next day. It was a very "trial by fire" environment. As time passed, additional responsibilities were heaped on without any additional compensation. I was 1 NP working among 5-6 MDs, and the medical director offered little to no support. I felt over worked and undervalued constantly. There was no work life balance. Requesting time off was like pulling teeth. I took home notes most nights and weekends despite working non-stop all day to finish notes. At least 1 NP that worked at this practice before me left because of a "nervous breakdown," so I feel reassured that it wasn't "just me." I learned a good amount, but near the end of my time there I was really suffering on a personal level and had to get out. I would not recommend working here unless you are male, a PA or an MD, as I got zero respect as a female NP.
Pros
MA staff kind and supportive
Cons
poor work life balance, late nights/work to take home, little respect for NPs
Good company to work for
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 30, 2018
The bones/core of the company are great. There are some aspects of the job that need improvement, however, the company is not only invested in improving the quality of care for our patients, but also, improving the quality of care for each employee.In comparison to two other well known organizations that I've worked for, Coastal has been, by far, the best to work for.
Crazy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 27, 2018
Crazy the amount of bad comments made about this company. I started back in May and fell in love I would never leave this place ! They treat you with respect something you don’t see anywhere else. Specially retail. You feel like you are part of the higher team. We gather everyweek to see what needs work and we work as a team that’s the best. They are very reasonable and give you lots of respect. The treat us all like queens and Kings what ever we need to do our job better, all you have to do is be respectful, show up to work, and treat patients right. Our goal is to make sure our patients leave completely satisfied . If they need hel we provide help including our employees. I would highly recommended this place. No where was would show you the kind of respect they show me here.
high turnover
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 10, 2018
Very high turnover in staff, from lower end to MDs. Insurance is expensive and not a lot of other benefits. I did learn a lot when I was there and had many positive experiences.
Not the best
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIJuly 17, 2018
Would not reccomend toxic work environment and toxic employees. Accrued time off and was never allowed to use it. Management turns a blind eye to bullying and blames all mistakes in employees. No real benefits and low salary. They treat employees like they are replaceable they also have high turn over rates. Administrators write reviews just to boost the companies stars because they are having trouble staffing.
Pros
lunch, air condition
Cons
terrible benifits, toxic, treat you like trash
Toxic management
confidential (Former Employee) –  confidentialJune 25, 2018
Lack of guidance from management, resulting in constant criticism, negative feedback. Lack of training with high expectations of performance. Backstabbing culture in offices.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great environment with many advancement opportunities
Quality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 19, 2018
Great environment to work in. There are multiple locations to work in, and many opportunities for advancement. Well designed work flow and high level of patient satisfaction.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers, pleasant patients, location
Cons
Varied shifts, some late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coastal Medical. Our community is ready to answer.