Coastal Transport Co., Inc Employee Reviews

Bad place to work and management does not care
Driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 8, 2018
The only thing i can say is this is a good place for entry leval gas hauling after 6 months leave and get a real you look at the job dont waste your time and if reviews most are bad that should tell the job seeker something so move on find a better job.
Pros
Training for a novis
Cons
Everthing else
Sucks
Diver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 26, 2018
Dont work here no money in it and cindy the corpus manager is a joke inc. Suxs and you pay for ur own work clothes everything about this place is garbage
Steady work keep busy
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 12, 2018
No structure, manager has no control over employees, manager also reacts with an unprofessional attitude. Employees work together for a common goal and to make sure job is done to best of ability.
Happy to be there
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 30, 2018
been there many years, stable work, manager is very helpful and cares. Always hear grass is greener for other drivers, but it green enough here. Good dispatch.
Pros
Good dispatch, stable enviorment
Cons
no matching 401 K
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2018
They have consistent work, and the dispatch is fair. Manager is there to listen and is very helpful. Will do things to help you that other companies won't. If you do your job right, you get a bonus and you also receive a retention bonus after 3 years.
Pros
good atmosphere, consistent work, fair dispatch
Cons
no 401 k match
outstanding
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2018
I love working for coastal transport and look forward to it everyday, theirs never ending work to be done and like the ability that the more loads i do the more pay i get. The bonus programs are top notch and the equipment is very modern and they continue to upgrade the fleet.
Pros
everything
Cons
This place is the bottom of the barrel for fuel hauling
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 27, 2018
I work at the Fort Worth yard this place is trash she will sit there and lie to your face about the money you make which is cramp we pull more enthanol then fuel loads..The proof is the yard just ride by there. You work more hours with very low load pay.. You have to wait a year for your the sign on bonus which is crazy.. You deliver to Valero’s and AllSups tell me where are they located around hear trust me go to the racks and every other fuel driver will tell you the same story it’s no money here everyone can’t tell the same story with the same ending
Pros
Cons
Everything and I mean everything
Management from the top down is a joke
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2018
They don't take care about their employees. They expect you to bend over backwards to help the company but as soon as you do something they don't like they throw you under the bus. Lowest paid in the industry, expensive insurance, no company march 401k, look for every reason to take your safety bonus, the management from the top down is a joke.
Pros
Always have work
Cons
Lowest pay in the industry, dont care about you, no company match 401k, high priced ins, Management from top down!!!!
does not value the drivers
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2017
you are just a number and are not valued and will be under the watchful eye of the cameras that are in all trucks and you will not be able to use your cell phone while working and you will work about 60 or more hours week
A great Team to work with!
Driver Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2017
Coastal Transport is a great company to work for. Everyday I feel I am part of team and work with team members who enjoy coming to work everyday! If you are considering a new job, I would consider Coastal Transport.
Pros
New Tractors Great benefits
Cons
Non I love my job!
Working for Coastal Transport Co Inc
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2017
Best career company I have ever worked for. Regrettably, It was a mistake to move on from here. I still have friends here that are great fellow workers and I wish them all well.
Pros
Great people and safe place to work
Cons
Some negitive and condisending people
Poorly Managed
SHOP FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2015
Poorly managed company. No consistency company wide. It has lots of potential......if middle management did the right things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coastal Transport Co., Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9