Coastal Transport Co., Inc Management reviews

Excellent place to work
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus ChristiNovember 21, 2018
I've been a long time employee of the Company. It's Family owned and operated, and they make you feel like you're part of that family. That's not something that you see much of these days. Great benefits. Paid vacation. Open door policy with management, they will listen and address any issues brought to their attention.
Pros
Family feel
Relaxed Family Enviroment
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2018
I love working for coastal transport and look forward to it everyday. . The equipment is very modern and they continue to upgrade the fleet. I enjoy talking and helping my co-workers each day.
Pros
Great Management and Equipment
management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Management was poorly ran, favortism, horrible demeanor by terminal manager. Great benefits and salary, employees had no sense of team work due to terminal manager.
Easy job but long hours at times.
CDL-A DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Great people to work with. Management did their job and tried to get us the loads evenly and fairly. They want everyone to make money. The safety officer don't play games, however he is a very fair person and very approachable. Overall, I liked it when I worked for them. I was home every night and with good pay.
Pros
good pay, great people, friendly environment, easy work.
Cons
can't be lazy, hard work
Don't work here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 22, 2018
Benefits are mediocre at best. The terminal manager is only there for the pay check and allows the employees and dispatcher to do what ever they want. She also refuses to confront issues proactively. You'll be in a different truck everyday and all the trailers are completely different setups and capacities. Mostly longer runs and very few in town runs unless you make the "favorites" list. Zero comunication in dispatch and in management. Ok for a temporary job but wouldn't suggest staying long term
Pros
They will hire anyone. Impossible to get fired
Cons
Long hours, 6 on 2 off schedual
great place
Dispatcher office support (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 13, 2018
good place, some people didn't want to rotate as far as shift work, caught driver stelling gas, told management, didn't do anything. after that I felt I had to leave to avoid probles.
Horrible Managment
HR (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2018
The management team at Coastal Transport is horrible. They're is a lot of favoritism in the office and nothing is kept confidential. Also they do not provide any sick pay nor do they offer raises.
In every case you can learn something
Safety Compliance Department (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2018
I began at Coastal doing data entry from the calculations of each driver's ticket book. We completed payroll every two weeks, printed the checks, stuffed the envelopes and put them in each terminal bag for delivery. I was fortunate enough to have interviewed and got the position in Safety Compliance, where both of my managers were former DPS officers and taught me quite a bit about CMS (Carrier Motor Safety) I went from scanning paper logs to utilizing the electronic log system, I really did enjoy my time in this area of the company.
Pros
Enjoyed the Safety Compliance dept.
Cons
Too much in-house bickering, lax management
Steady work keep busy
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 12, 2018
No structure, manager has no control over employees, manager also reacts with an unprofessional attitude. Employees work together for a common goal and to make sure job is done to best of ability.
Coastal
Fuel Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 23, 2018
Its a good place to be employed if u stay around for awhile, insurance is high and the turn around rate is high also. management needs improvement ?????
Pros
Own Truck no slip sit
Cons
Over Booked
Friendly helpful and great people to work with.
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2018
On a daily bases I would place bids on gas, diesel or other products based on capacity in the terminals that the customer would request. I learned how to come up with different formulas and and a better understanding of how to be better self managed. Management was helpful and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part I think about the job was trying to find something that would work for me for a formula. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it was challenging and every bid was different in its own way.
good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Good people you work with, trucks are well maintain, clean and look great. Easy deliveries in San Antonio region. Management and dispatchers are well cultured.
Management from the top down is a joke
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2018
They don't take care about their employees. They expect you to bend over backwards to help the company but as soon as you do something they don't like they throw you under the bus. Lowest paid in the industry, expensive insurance, no company march 401k, look for every reason to take your safety bonus, the management from the top down is a joke.
Pros
Always have work
Cons
Lowest pay in the industry, dont care about you, no company match 401k, high priced ins, Management from top down!!!!
does not value the drivers
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2017
you are just a number and are not valued and will be under the watchful eye of the cameras that are in all trucks and you will not be able to use your cell phone while working and you will work about 60 or more hours week
On your own or Lots of Help, however you want it
Fuel Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2017
Night shift or Day shift, your choice after working nights and proving yourself.
Management is hands off unless you consider Dispatchers management.
Your complete shift is usually scheduled the night before, so you have an idea what the next day will be like.
Once you have earned an assigned rig, the job gets even easier.
Pros
An Appreciative atmosphere, cookouts, useful gifts from management, support
Cons
Some high traffic days can grind on you, especially if you have some specified delivery times for some loads
Poor management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 5, 2017
This company is cut throat you can work all the hours to help these people and they will find things to pin on people even after they know the situation is messed up on their end you are overworked and under paid with the responsibilities they give you .
Pros
overtime available
Cons
cut throat management down to HR dirty people to work for no loyalty
A competitve pay and always busy
Fuel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2017
long hours can be stressful at time but the pay was good and the work was consistant year around. Other driver were helpful adn teh management team was easy going.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours and working holidays
Fuel delivery driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hearne, TXSeptember 21, 2017
They always want you to work 12-15 hours a day. Dispatch gets in trouble for letting anyone off before they reach 12 hours a day. Pay is definitely not up to par for the hours you put in. Management is good and will let you have unpaid days off if you request it. Trucks are fairly well taken care of but most trailers are from the 1970s and 80s.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, old trailers
enjoyable job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 14, 2017
dispatching fuel trucks and estimating amt of fuel to send management was up and down, managers came and went. they did not last very long. most enjoyable part was gaining a relationship with the people driving the fuel trucks.
Ok Place To Work
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 16, 2017
Its A Ok Place To Work,But You Gotta Have Some Hustle In You If You Wanna Make Good Money. What I Didn't Like, Is That They Start You Out On The Night Shift...
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Night Shift Start

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coastal Transport Co., Inc. Our community is ready to answer.