Cobalt Mortgage Employee Reviews

great place to work
Mortgage Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2017
I enjoyed working for Cobalt Mortgage. The company was unable to fulfill the creation of an office in our area for growth. The co-workers in the headquarters where I reported to were very friendly and helpful.
Stressful
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2017
The work environment was stressful. My loan officers that I worked with were great. They were experienced and we worked as a team which is hard to find with most loan officers these days. The downside of working with this company was some people from other departments liked to meddle in our departments business and cause problems.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
Other department members meddling and causing problems within my department
acceptable
Loan Officer Assistant/Processor (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAFebruary 2, 2017
This was a very nice office. I was able to learn a lot in marketing that I still utilize today. Very nice manager. During my employment, I joined a group of individuals who put together a running team and they sponsored several racing events.
Work
Sales Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 29, 2016
I worked here and did a job that happened. There were people some nice others rude. I did stuff for this job and got paid for. Money that is. count to ten.
Family owned Company
Marketing Assistant/ Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WANovember 21, 2014
Typical mortgage company, but family run so everyone that works there is related/neighbors. Great company to work for if you are looking for that family run feel.
Road to Perdition
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WANovember 4, 2014
Before about 2 months ago, great culture, growth opportunities and what appeared to be the forthright conviction of their President and EVP. However once consumed by Caliber, it was apparent that the founders had an end-game in place for quite some time. From hiring a legal department to rival most medium sized law firms, to putting a CIO in place with no technical experience or ownership of any process that cost the company a quarter of a million dollars a year plus flying him back and forth from Dallas to Seattle every other week and paying all the expenses while others had no raises for years.

No loyalty to their employees while asking them to "hang in there" while they negotiate the pillaging of the company. New Caliber systems are a complete hack job with Producers now facing a system without their previous emails, files or contacts. Founders made out like bandits while people with families lost or will lose everything they have worked so hard for and the realization that the company culture they believed in was a complete fabrication.
Pros
Could have been the best in the business
Cons
They were not honest with their hardest working employees.
Excellent teamwork and a concerted effort to achieve and maintain the highest quality loans for our customers.
CFO (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 22, 2014
Enjoyed working with top notch professionals that are dedicated to the customers and their jobs. I truly liked the people that I worked with. Deadlines were some of the challenges that we faced in making sure that customers were always satisfied and happy with their loan experience.
Pros
Quality professional people that enjoy their work.
Cons
Can be stressful to meet all deadlines
productive fun workplace
Receptionist / Processing assistant/ Social media (Current Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZOctober 15, 2014
it was a very good learning experience. it was a fun and safe place to work with awesome people
Aggressive company in the Mortgage industry
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 13, 2014
A typical day consists of going from branch to branch within Arizona as was needed by Cobalt Mortgage employees and helping with desktop computer and telephone issues.
In the 1.8 years on the job, I've learned a lot about the IT side of the world. From infrastructure to implementation of services, This has been an opportunity of non-stop learning and welcomed.
Management has changed hands several times while I've been here and each has stepped up to the plate nicely.
I have opened several branches in several states and have found that Cobalt Mortgage has very hard working employees whom all possess a can-do attitude.
The hardest part of my job has been to go from an expert in the telephony field to a green horn on the IT side of the industry. However, I must say that I have been well received by the coworkers that I have been supporting.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job is helping and resolving issues brought up to me by the users/customers that I support.
Pros
Bonuses, free lunches at times, travel.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Great environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 30, 2014
Compensation has four stars, the rating wouldn't let me select anything but one star.

Great company, management takes care of their employees and cares about providing the best service to its customers and how to continually improve processes for faster response time, processing, and funding.
Pros
Great vendors that usually come by to give ops lunch
Cons
none...
Poor experience
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 6, 2014
I would not recommend for you to work for this company. Money is more important than ethics.
A great place to work
Funding Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WashingtonJuly 2, 2014
Great company. A fun place to work. Everyone worked hard while having a family feel.
Loved the work enviorment
Receptionist/Funding assistant (Former Employee) –  scottsdale arizonaJanuary 23, 2014
Everyone was extremely happy and helpful. All employees were team players and would go above and beyond to assist anyone.
Pros
bonus pay
Growing company
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 15, 2014
This company has been growing fast so there is a lot of work to make sure that everything goes smoothly.
Do not work for this company
Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 13, 2014
Almost all of the employees here want to get out of this company. The worst management EVER!!! Only accept a job with Cobalt if you want to dread going to work every day!
Mn
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 2, 2014
opened a Minnesota Branch and did not support growth and ended up closing the Branch
Productive , great incentive bonus plan
Sr. Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 31, 2013
Fast paced , great people.
Benefits were not great, salary and ability for incentive and bonus were awesome until the slowdown..
Great team atmosphere, and management
fun place to work, great people
Lock Desk Asst (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 23, 2013
learned a lot in my time there. Everyone treats you great, really felt welcomed.
Not the best company to work for.
Loan Officer Assistant/ Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tigard, OROctober 16, 2013
Co workers were not nice. Good training, great travel expenses. Good health benefits.
Pros
Training
Cons
Co workers, Loan Officers, Management
Fun work environment, great company culture.
Loan Officer Assistant/ Branch Marketing (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 10, 2013
Typical day includes creating marketing materials for special realtor events, creating customer flyers helpful in home purchase, monitoring rates, developing realtor and client relationships, extensive use of Publisher, Word, Excel. Lots of paperwork and compliance checks.
Cons
Stagnant breaks, lots of sitting.