Cobalt Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

Management is Disorganized
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 3, 2018
The Fargo Hospital has yet to open yet the management team seems VERY disorganized. There were delays with construction; however, they are now in the building yet they can't seem to figure out when they are hiring. They tell everyone they are hiring at a particular time and yet nothing happens. I think they had a upper management person start and quit within a month. They have ads out for both management and line staff. Most places would have the upper staff in place before hiring the lower staff. IF they are this disorganized BEFORE having patients heavens protect the patients once they have real people to take care of. A BIG CONCERN.
Pros
Cons
management
Professional and Team Driven to Achieve Exceptional Patient Outcomes
Clinical Marketing Liaison (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 7, 2018
Being one of the faces of Cobalt in the Community is something to be proud of! As a Clinical Liaison & part of the Marketing team for Cobalt New Orleans, we are responsible for building relationships within the community and responding to Patient Consults for admission to our Rehab Hospital and educating all on what Cobalt has to offer in order to achieve & exceed therapy goals! Management and CEO are very professional and knowledgeable as they have vast knowledge and experience in a multitude of areas within the Nursing field and Hospital Management. Cobalt is a great company to work for as they have excellent benefits and provide a healthy work-life balance and you're always supported by your team in order to get the job done! Most importantly, support and involvement is extended beyond the Administration of Cobalt in New Orleans as we have the full backing of our Corporate Leaders who care to hear our input as a team and celebrate in our successes! I am Cobalt Proud!
Pros
Team driven work environment, Support from Management and CEO, Outstanding Patient Outcomes
Cons
Cobalt is a hidden Gem of Midcity
Hostile work enviroment
Chief Clinical Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 14, 2018
Too many clicks. The CEO would form a circle of HR and Dietary. Taught to intimidate. All of the employees who were part of staff when I arrived were all fired.
Pros
Cons
Everything associated with Cobalt
Great Staff and Fun Place to Work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 22, 2018
This is a great team to work with. Admin cares and gets in to help nurses anytime needd. They are improving things all the time. Benefits are great and better than a lot around Phoenix
Great place to work!
Executive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 4, 2018
Loved working at Cobalt, great staff, some learning curve as this is a new hospital, you have to be flexible in helping others and be open to creating new processes to be put into place.
Pros
Great people
Great Place to Work
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZOctober 22, 2017
I love it here.... they are strictly rehab.
Staff work as a team... friendly and caring
Ratios are great!
Top of the line equipment
First place i have ever worked where the patients are constantly praising staff and hospital
poor management, great staff and patients, great facility
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 29, 2017
Busy, fast paced, great patients, great therapy team
Awesome doctors
management is poor and inconsistant
HR is not visible enough and does not drive a positive culture
Constant turn over
The hardest part of the job is not having supportive leadership
The most enjoyable is co-workers, patients, and the beautiful facility
Pros
Great therapy team and nurses
Cons
poor management. people do not stay because of it
Worst place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 26, 2017
This company needs all new leadership. Management is horrible and that's why they are using registry nurses and CNA's. They have lost many great nurses due to their unprofessional practices, there will continue to be a high turn over rate within this company until they replace a few upper management members.
Pros
Cons
Poor employee treatment
Great Staff
Therapy (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 26, 2017
Cobalt has been a great place to work. The staff does a great job working as a team to maximize patient care and the administration has been extremely accommodating.
LOVE Coablt
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 22, 2017
I LOVE working for Cobalt because I can see the company values displayed every day in the patients that we care for. Seeing patients come admitting unable to walk and then walking out unassisted with huge smiles of getting back to their lives. I stay really excited at Cobalt's growth opening 4 hospitals within 2 years. I feel a real sense of job security in a company lead by Richard Fiske, who helped launch Tenet Healthcare and HealthSouth, knowing that it will be successful like those companies as well. The team at Cobalt is fabulous putting patients first. But, overall, just the facility and patient amenities provide a great environment to work within. Cobalt has done a great job at expanding employee benefits without increasing costs to employees and worked hard to continue bringing in values to employees such as travel and ticket discounts, Grand Canyon University tuition scholarships for all employees, recognition programs and even Veterinary Discount Programs for employees.
Pros
Great Team, Benefits, Environment
Cons
Still new and developing
Poor Management and Leadership
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Poor management, unethical practices and lack of leadership skills at the upper management level. Employees are not treated well or fairly. High turn over rate.
Pros
Helping patients and families
Cons
Stress, stress and more stress.
Worst Administration
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 21, 2017
Executive Leadership do not care at all about staff or patient care but only themselves and bottom line. Patient/staff ratios are unrealistic and unsafe
Poor work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 7, 2017
Corporate management has no idea how to treat employees or patients. The nurses are overloaded which results in poor patient care. If your looking to have 7-9 patients then you'll enjoy working here.
Pros
New Facility
Cons
Poor management
Great experience!
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZMay 30, 2017
I am so excited to be working here at Cobalt. The staff are amazing and I love watching our patients thrive from how they came in. I am finally happy I found peers that come together as a team. It can be super busy sometimes, but that is the life of nursing. I would not trade this experience for anything!
Pros
Teamwork, caring managers, pay, and a place to really see how you make a difference with your patients.
Cons
no matching 401K, no life insurance, my commute from downtown
Staff review
RN (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZNovember 21, 2016
This hospital looks pretty, but is behind the times. No EMR to chart in, it's paper charting, which is pretty much obsolete at other hospitals. They have had high turnover since opening. Some of the reviews written seem to have been written by management team to offset the negative comments. They want everyone to look uniformed to the point that it's not functional for nursing.
Pros
Beautiful building
Cons
Benefits expensive, no EMR
Registry RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZOctober 16, 2016
I am.a registry nurse and have been coming here for over a month. I have felt at home at this facility from day one. I will not go anywhere else. Yes it is new and there are still kinks to work out. The management is great and are always opened to new suggestions to do things differently and effectively. The patients I have had seem to love it here.
Pros
Teamwork, new facility, great management
Cons
Nurse to pt ratios some days, need Cerner or Epic
Highest quality ever, patient-centered
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 26, 2016
Cobalt has become a leading force in the West Valley by providing super high quality. The patients I took care of never wanted to leave and all loved it there. The management team works hard to provide a great place to work so that patients will benefit from happy employees. Its a very nice culture.
Pros
Great staff, super nice patients, and high quality
Do your due diligence in research before placing family here.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 24, 2016
This could be such a wonderful place to work if upper management was replaced with qualified individuals who knew how to recruit appropriate patients, as well as appreciate and motivate staff in a positive way. Unfortunately, you are just a number here and it all comes down to the mighty dollar. Team members are put in unsafe situations because they refuse to staff appropriately on all levels. Not worth risking patient care. Uniforms are unrealistic and not conducive to a nursing or rehab environment.
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Inexperienced staff, poor staff to patient ratio, unrealistic uniforms
Very good place to work and the best rehab I've worked at so far!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  SupriseSeptember 3, 2016
I'm a Cna and I absolutely love comming to work ! Love my patients and coworkers, everyone is friendly and kind.poeple genuinely care for there patients and care for the crew on staff
Pros
Fun work environment, good pay, great staff, great teamwork!
Dream job, professional and caring employees
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 31, 2016
I findly found my dream job with a great schedule and employees that i enjoy working with evey day. I love every member on the team. I watch people go above and beyond day to day. The hardest part of the job is when people leave. Its like losing a family member.
Pros
Schedule, employees, pay, covered parking in this arizona heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobalt Rehabilitation Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Cobalt Rehabilitation Hospital Reviews by Location