Cobb County Government Employee Reviews

Average
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Each department differs so it's hard to give review for entire organization. Most departments will train you well but don't always provide the opportunity to move ahead. Pay needs to improve across the board but specifically for entry and mid-level positions. Can provide job security as they seldom lay-off but it can be difficult to be hired due to number of applicants. Very good place to start for entry level positions.
Pros
Free employee clinic and two fitness centers
Cons
Compensation
Management plays favorites
Deputy Sheriff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 27, 2018
If your a yes man, you'll be fine. No free thinkers allowed unless you're in the IN crowd. If you have an idea for improving operations, save it, if it's not THEIR idea, it's a bad idea.
Pros
Probably won't be laid off.
Cons
Promote only favorites.
Great Job, Great Benifits, Low pay
Water Technician Ii (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 5, 2018
I loved my jobs working for them. The hours were great, the time I spent there I loved. The benifits were amazing. The only thing I didn’t like was their pay. I have a class A cdl and they wanted to start me at 14.00 a hour.
Pros
Nice overtime and benifits
Cons
Low pay
Productive but stressful workplace
Judicial Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 5, 2018
Cobb county probate court is a fun but very stressful environment. You will encounter a very diverse group of customers and co workers. It was a good job but it was long temporary for me.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 31, 2018
Very challenging and rewarding. The supervision supports its staff and there are clear cut goals and a mission statement. The training is top notch and resources are available to assist employees.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Environmental stresses
Leadership
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 5, 2018
As a experienced custodian I can deal with a lot , by working at Sewell mill was not easy. The library has a tiny budget for such a huge place (trying to keep it clean) leadership is non existent !!!! And parks will never hire they’re own custodian so YOU will have an entire building to self....oh by the way good luck on supplies ✊🏾
Pros
Next to zaxby’s
Cons
Leadership
Family Oriented
Judicial Administrative Technician II (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 27, 2018
Always greeting people on a day to day . Creating case file to present in court. Answer phone call from any defendant that call with question concerning there cases. Filing or faxing document . im a people person .Im never meet a stranger.
Productive and efficient
Certified Election Poll Official (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 25, 2018
We did poll working on election day so it was hard, busy, but rewarding to see voters go out of the door with the peach stickers. It meant we did our job
Pros
free food
Cons
on feet for 12+ hours
not what it used to be
911 Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 12, 2018
when I started things were a lot different it was fun coming to work everyday helping the citizens of cobb county. over the years it was always more about what you were doing wrong than doing right
A great way to be a part of the elections process
Poll Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 3, 2018
Working at election polls, in any capacity, is an honor. To see the process from inside really lets you know how the process works and the lengths taken to make sure it stays safe, anonymous, and accurate. Poll workers are the unsung heroes of our republic .
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA 30144January 24, 2018
It was a temporary job, but it was a great environment to work in, I think that if it was not temporary based on the elections it would be a great place to have a career
Decent Place
Public Service Technician III (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 30, 2017
It's a fairly decent place to work at however room for advancement is limited to none. It's a steady schedule and you meet various people from all walks of life.
Poor pay
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 2, 2017
Heavy workload, lots of people quit all the time, especially law enforcement. You get your paycheck and half of it is taken back for benefits. Lots and lots of people who work for Cobb County have part-time jobs due to not being able to live off what they make.
good place to work
Utility crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 14, 2017
great benfits great plaace to work have 3 day weekend and great friends and family at a work place and some time have overtime and work call on the weekend
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 15, 2017
Good Company to work for, always being a team player to help each other. Processing information for employees in a spread sheet format, Answering phone calls, researching other government related benefit plans to try and get an ideal of what our employees are looking for and to have a cos effective budget for each person.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
fun place to work
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 2, 2017
Cobb county is a fun place to work, I work parks department, work with umpires players , have to know bi-laws. Very good place to work, supervisor is great
Pros
relaxed job
Cons
parttime no healthcare
Fine
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 7, 2017
This is a fine company that has work life balance and allows holiday off. There are lots of opportunities for growth in this establishment. I enjoy working here.
Wastewater
Class III Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  Cobb County, GAApril 30, 2017
You can be hired with little to no experience in wastewater.The pay is painfully low at first but increases through the years as you obtain different wastewater licenses. Although the pay is not very good, the benefits are wonderful. Management is good.
Pros
Paid training, Aquired licenses can be used in almost any other state, benefits
Okay
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 21, 2016
I would rather not discuss the county I would like for individuals to determine for themselves if the like or dislike working here. Not my place to influence.
Great people and a great place to work.
Buyer Technician I (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 2, 2016
Purchasing MRO items for other Cobb departments. Occasionally worked on special projects that didn't fall under the Sealed Bid standards. Worked with a variety of people through out the entire county. Great people, fantastic managers supervisors and co-workers.

The hardest part was during the slow months when there wasn't much going on, but I hated being not busy. Two best parts, first was watching long time county workers catch the 'save the county some money' bug when everyone's budgets were slashed. Secondly was being able to amaze my internal customers with my ability to find what they were looking for. They always were so appreciative.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
sometimes a little too slow placed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobb County Government. Our community is ready to answer.

Cobb County Government Reviews by Location