Cobb Hospital Employee Reviews

Wellstar
Registered Professional Oncology Nurse (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2018
Convenient to work as far as location. I live about 10 miles or less. Patient acuity was high but there was often a shortage in staff. The pay was low compared to other facilities. The most difficult part of the job was low patient ratio and charting
Pros
close to home
Cons
increased amount of charting and low pay
Nice place to work
Full time staff sonographer (Former Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed my years working at Wellstar Cobb Hospital. I only left because I wanted day shift, Monday-Friday hours with no call, no weekend shifts and more paid holidays.
Poor Management
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 22, 2017
I worked in the Behavioral Health facility. Leadership poorly managed policies and procedures and not people. Lacks leadership! Overall management does not have a clue on how to manage people from a day to day basis or develop staff to advance them in career. Human resources encourages poor management by being non-responsive to employee needs.

Overall, Wellstar Cobb Hospital is run like a country "Ma/Pa operation.
Pros
Great employees, Like a family
Cons
Poor management, low pay, non-responsive Human Resources
Overworked staff cut corners
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 27, 2017
Instead of getting more help, the staff were expected to work harder and even float. The spoils went to top management and staff did not reap the rewards of this giant monopoly. What happened to caring in health care?
Pros
Food cafeteria
Cons
Too many bosses and little recognition of staff.
Day shift was staffed well and was enjoyable to work with that staff.
CT SCAN TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAFebruary 3, 2017
Day shift was staffed well and were nice people. I learned a newer version of GE scanner than I had used previously. I learned to put scans on discs for the first time.
The Worst place to work at...
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Cobb County, GAJune 26, 2016
Management kept telling me that they were going to make me a supervisor, for which I never believe that they would. I was a stand up employe who performed all my task as directed. The environment around housekeeping was so DEPRESSING it was as if the world had came to an end being around them. The supervisors that one dealt with on a daily was always miscommunication as far as job assignments. Overall the job wasn't for me and I THANK GOD I'm no longer there!
Pros
I live 10mins away
Cons
The position was the bottom of the barrel
job stablility
Cook (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 7, 2016
I learned a lot being at Cobb hospital. I was there for 5 years and was able to learn every job within the kitchen. Management was the biggest issue that made my job extremely hard. No matter if you were doing your job the right way, head management always found a way to find something wrong with everything you did.
Pros
insurance, employees
Cons
management, not paid enough
Very busy..understaffed
tech (Former Employee) –  imagingJanuary 14, 2015
Was disappointed with insurance package, never enough employees, large turnover, was not paid my pto after I left..was told I am still on record as working there. Nice way not to pay people what you owe them.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
CT department
radiology (Current Employee) –  gaMay 6, 2014
I enjoy working with my co-workers however the supervisor/Management needs improvement.
Pros
promote flexiable work schedule
Cons
poor supervisor/management
I loved working for the Hospital. Great experience!!
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 1, 2014
As I worked night shift for 7 years, a typical night was long because I wasn't use it. But I grew to love it. I've learned working in a hospital setting everything is strickly confidental. I worked with two co-workers and they were really nice ladies. The hardest part of the job was when I didn't get enough sleep proir to working an 8 hour shift all night. The most enjoyable part of the job was it wasn't so Stressful but fun at the same time.
Pros
The Pros were every year we would get a Thankgiving and Christmas bonus.
Cons
There really wasn't any cons.
Fun place to work
A. Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Austell, GaSeptember 11, 2012
Typical day at work was making sandwiches for people on the front line. Cleaning and running the dishwasher. Mopping the Cafe. Serving patients in their rooms.
I learned all the above.
Management was great people to work with.
My co-workers showed me a lot since was one of my first jobs.
Hardest part of this job was leaving.
Most enjoyable part of this job was the smile on peoples faces once I had served them.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
not enough hours