Cobb Theatres Employee Reviews for Usher

New to Work Field
Usher (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 12, 2019
I would not recommend this place for anyone older than 18 because the pay is not worth it if you have bills to pay. You do not get tips unless you work at the bar. Some of the supervisors are rude and abuse their role. You do get $2 discounts off of the food you buy and you get to get in the movies for free with your friends. The only reason I was working there is because it was my first job and I needed to get some experience in the work field. Some of the coworkers are very friendly and most of the time they will have your back.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Bad Pay
Fun but lots of work for low money.
popcorn maker, usher, podium attendant. (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 25, 2019
It was a fun place to work good staff but lots of work for minimum wage. Cobb was fun to work at the benefits sucked though. Most of the management is fun and cool people.
Pros
free movies
Cons
low pay
Good job but no benfits
Usher (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 27, 2019
its over all a good place work, good team work but the pay is barely minimum wage and I been there for six years and I barely make more than a new employed
Pros
free movies and good people
Cons
no health care no vacation not great pay hard to move up
Good first job
Usher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 26, 2018
Well it’s honest a good first job. You get the hang of working in a customer service industry. But overall with my year being here I’ve noticed the lack of management they have and a lot of favoritism. Then your forced to do something a manager should be doing. Minimum wage is going to result to minimum effort. They have a tendency of cutting hours. Then putting workers to work on days you know they have things to do such as good to school. They have no respect when it comes to school I’m student at a university I’m not gonna not go to class for me to go work on inconvenient hours. They expect employers to go above and beyond for them yet they can’t even do it for them. They have this thing where people work in teams.. yeah that’s not the case they just talk amongst themself and make one person do it. Very unfair.
Pros
Costumer service experience
Cons
Hours
It's a good work environment most employees are very nice most managers are nice
Usher (Former Employee) –  Foley alSeptember 24, 2018
However working with school schedule is a big thing for me because I'm in my senior year and I have to finish school and then I can further on through my career But I believe that if I ask off for something and gets approved us should be allowed to miss something that I'm supposed to be I expresly if I has given notice I had of time asked off ahead of time for set event
Pros
Positive environment great Employees and mostly great managers
Cons
Can't work with school schedules
fun
Usher/Concessions (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 28, 2018
i had a fun time working at the cobb 12. made many friends and met many people . the management how ever treated the employees like children at school .
Pros
free and discount movies
Cons
low pay long hours
i loved it
Usher/Concession (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2018
the manager was okay but i loved working at the movies. Got free movies once a day and discounts. The only bad thing is little pay for a lot of hard work.
A relaxed workplace
Usher at Movie Theater (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 1, 2018
Cobb is fun to work at if you love film. I wouldn't like it as much if I wasn't into any type of film. The management is okay but luckily it doesn't effect too much for me. I enjoy talking to people and learning their opinions on the new films. Overall it is a good starting job.
Pros
Discounted lunches and free movies
Cons
Short lunch breaks no paid time off
Great just for the work experience
Usher/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJanuary 10, 2018
I had blast working there first couple of years, but after awhile you get burnt out and become sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over again.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
poor management
It was alright
Concession, Usher, Ticket Booth (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 16, 2017
I mean for my first job it was an ok experience. Me being an hard worker I made the best of it. The managers had poor communication skills they didn’t to much work fairly with the others. Only thing that was okay it was a lot of young high school students working there so you were able to be social with people your age.
A good starter
Usher (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Fun place to work at and gain experiences. You'll like your co workers and very easily will find things to bond over. Diverse workplace with different jobs and shifts to work with.
Pros
Free movie + popcorn privilages
Cons
Short breaks. No benefits. No overtime.
I loved this job.
Usher (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 22, 2017
I loved this job, but it simply did not pay the bills. If your a retiree, or looking for a high School Job this is a fantastic choice to start looking.
Pros
discounts, free movies
Cons
terrible pay, not a lot of hours
Pretty good way to exercise
Cashier/Usher/Door (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 22, 2016
All of the workers were very energetic and enthusiastic.
The hardest part of the job were weekends and holidays.
The most enjoyable part of the job was holidays.
employees treated like trash
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLNovember 25, 2015
You pretty much do nothing most of the year till summer then youre treated like a dog. It was always about employees. they dont care if you have a disablity they dont give you extra breaks if needed. managers are a bunch of a-holes.
Productive workplace and friendly environment
Usher/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 27, 2014
On a typical day at work it's enjoyable to be working with co-workers you get along with. From this job i learned the importance of customer service.
Pros
Free popcorn and movies
Cons
healthcare
great
Usher (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 17, 2014
good hours and good people. I like the job I was in the fast track to team leader after just being there a month
Pros
hour, people
Cons
Fun job and great environment
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Work hours were demanding but doable. The atmosphere was lively and the coworkers were very nice. In general it was a great place to be.
Pros
free popcorn, free movies, good hours, great workers
Cons
late hours
Overwork their employees
Usher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMay 17, 2013
The worst minimum wage job. The best part was just the free movies you would watch but they even complained about giving those out. Made employees clean corners that no body even steps into and that are just absolutely disgustion. Overwork employees for a bare $7.15 an hour. Not even a teenager can suffice with that salary
fun fast paced enviorment
usher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 9, 2012
a typical work day would include cleaning the theaters and the hall ways to keep a clean and wonderful place for people to come and enjoy a movie at their own times i learned a lot a supervisors job is hard when people dont respect you and think of you as a joke. managment was ok didnt listen to well i told him i want to put in my twi weeks he didnt believe me and so i had to just leave. co-workers were fun especilly at the end of the day when it was time to go we would all fool around but still do our jobs. hardest part about the job was that we had 10 mins to clean a 100 person seat theater and i mean clean no popcorn no nothing on the floor but we did it best part about the job was the free movies and drinks and the fun atmosphere it gives out