Cobham Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
They have a ping pong table.
Solder Assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
Friendly people and they are all willing to teach you their job position. Trainers are very experienced and they been there and know what they are talking about.
Pros
Easy and fun job
Cons
Low salary rate
I have skill sets in installing wire harness l missiles
Installing wire harness in tow missile (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2018
Installed wire harnessing in tow missile forging metal into shapes of tow Warheads forging medical metal bass fins and Etc operating machinery working in heat environments of 20 50 degrees and up on a furnace
Pros
Working in furnace operator
Cons
Na
Good Envrionment
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
Working at Cobham was a good experience. My co-workers were very helpful and patient. I was on the fence before leaving because the work environment was relatively relaxed. But the pay was hard to equal cost of living in San Diego.
I'm not sure how well it pays in the long run but a little low on the short run.
Pros
Cool people
Cons
Pay not the best
nice buildings and location
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
Not a good place if you want to advance your career. Once the managers like you in the job you will not be able to move from the department. They have to much control over subordinates and HR is no help. Complaints don't get followed up with. Too much favoritism.
Pros
flexible hours, easy parking
Cons
no breaks-manipulation by managers, no advancement
productive and fun workplace
full-time contract Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 11, 2018
being part of the team, and working with others to collectively solve issues as a result of the project we were working on.

I enjoyed working with the people there, but unfortunately the project I was working on expired when the person leading the project left the company; then there was no work for me to do associated with this project, or any other position within the company to transfer to.
Pros
cookouts that involved the entire company to get to know them on an informal basis
Cons
the project I was working on was put on hold, and no other project available for me to stay there
diverse work environment
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2018
Pros:
many programs with own environment
potential for massive overtime
enjoyable work environment
they were willing to train me from no experience

Cons:
some programs require massive overtime
some programs have a shortage of parts
training is hit or miss, a lot of the old timers hold on to knowledge to stay relevent
Aged culture
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 4, 2018
Rarely any turn over. Individuals live and Die at this place. I found the work culture to be outdated and the growth to incredibly slow. The pay also was regularly lower than average.
i d like here
assembly 3 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 2, 2018
i can not learn anything from this company
management is not good
workplace too much problem
sometime we cant even stand in the room to long
they have to much problem
People make this company
manufacturing help (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 2, 2018
If you are a man, at this company, you will be paid well. If your a woman at this company, forget it. You are not paid or treated the same.
But the people you work with are excellent.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
To much overtime
Great place to work, fast paced but relaxing.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMarch 30, 2018
My typical day starts early at 6am with equipment setup and torque wrench calibration. I then move to the repair cell where I am responsible for fixing customer returns.

I will train new employees as technicians are added to my current department.

Work over time to help meet customer requirements.
Pros
fun activities for the employees
Cons
off shifts are sometimes left out of events
Avoid this place like the plague!
Nimrod (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2018
Horrendous company - there are a couple of workplace bullies that seem to "rule the roost" while the rest of the company has to "bow and stoop" to their demands. There is no actual management; it's all seat of pants.

Run, run away as fast as you can!
Pros
Pros: Paycheck
Cons
Cons: Horrible management that does not have your back.
Average workplace with Great Potential
Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Overall, I do enjoy working for Cobham regardless of the hard to deal with co-workers. If there is anything to improve, it would have to be an avid and consistent employee insight program. A place meant to progress and innovate is being held back by stubborn veteran employees (25 + years) who feel now that they've put the time, they no longer have an obligation to put in full effort towards success. All in all, it pays the bills, days go by quick and i get a Friday off every other week so its enough to bite my tongue and keep doing my job.
Extremely Hostile
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Hostile work environment,
passive aggressive and vindictive management.
High employee turn over
Hard work is rewarded with lies and criticism
Human Reaources isn’t familiar with the word human, and is the cancer Throughout the organization. Their open door policy is the exit door.
The Huntington Beach facility has been on a rapid decline starting he day Cobham purchased the company.
Pros
4-10 work schedule
Cons
The management
Terrible please to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cobham,January 8, 2018
Terrible company to work for. Very limited room to growth for someone who don't have a family member or a close friend in management. From supervisors to management, they all know someone or have a close relative. Employees are underpaid asked to work long hours. I worked there for two years and only got 2 cents increase. Very poor management.
poorly managed
Director of Quality (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYDecember 20, 2017
chaos dominated, autocratically managed, meetings addicted, pathetical planning, deemed to crash.
Do not attempt to work there unless you’re desperate and no other solutions are available.
My .02
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHNovember 14, 2017
Company as a whole is great. Huge divide from upper management to lower management. Great work, just a run very poorly. Company doesn't listen to the guys actually doing the production work. Makes irrational decisions. Not a good place to work.
former employee (Hauppauge Division)
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 11, 2017
The last several years the company has gone completely downhill. Most of the people that work there are great, but management sucks. They hire upper management contractors that are all friends that have no clue what they are doing and getting paid ridiculous amounts of money. If you are not in their clique you don't matter. I worked there for over 10 years and the company has gone down hill over the past 5 years. The raises are non-existent. The last raise most people received was 1% to 1.5%. Some people didn't even get a raise. I wouldn't recommend this company at all.
Very Poor Management
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2017
Unless your in the clique, forget about any advancement. Very poor performers are regularly advanced over high performers. I can say this since I worked there over 10 years. Finally got fed up and moved on.
Pros
a job
Cons
Too many to list
Stressful, challenging
NDT Level II Inspector (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 5, 2017
A cut throat business that paid well but has a poor management core. Benefits are acceptable. The place lacks moral and valves and will do just about anything to make a buck. Resent trouble with the corporate office proves this fact.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor valves, Quality is only number 1 on paper or until it slows down production
Great hours poor managment
ELECTRICAL TEST TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 24, 2017
The hours and benefits are great for this company. It is a slow paced environment but very competitive to impress management. Raises are terrible IF you get one and the managers don't care or micromanage.
Pros
Benefits and oay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobham. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight