Cobham Employee Reviews

Beware look elsewhere.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2019
There is a reason they have huge turnover.
Poor management, poor benefits, lack of training, 9/80 schedule doesn’t work. Half the people should be there every Friday yet on Friday the buildings are empty.
Company doesn’t pay bills so constant line shut downs. Credit holds are out of control. Emails are out of control everyone cc’s everyone on emails and they don’t think twice about sending them. You take a day off and it takes a week to catch up on emails. Please look elsewhere and save yourself some grief. Life is better when you move on.
Pros
Plenty of raffles to win prizes, managers are always in meeting so you don’t see your boss to often.
Cons
Disorganized, Benefits, unequal treatment, parking, too many meetings, old technology.
Nice place to work
Precision Mechanical Inspector (Former Employee) –  lansdale, paJanuary 15, 2019
contract position - At the time there was not enough work to keep me employed there. I would go back if there was a position that fit my skill set. Nice people and a nice environment
Pros
nice environment
Cons
lack of work
too many family and friends here
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123December 28, 2018
the department I was in the manager was wrapped around these girls finger. they were all from the same city so they all got bye passes when it came to work. this group would play around while the rest of us had to pick up a lot of slack. and the leads were/are too afraid to say anything because they feel like they will be targeted. Very sad work place.
Great people...
Customer Quality Assurance Tech/Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 18, 2018
I truly enjoyed my experience having to be a part of manufacturing advance electronics solutions for Semiconductors and Space Solutions. I'm going to miss everyone there and hope to see them again in the future, should I ever go back to Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite, fitness room onsite, etc...
Cons
Career advancement is extremely slow; almost discouraging.
A Great Company with great benefits
Processor I (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2018
The one thing I liked about Cobham is that on my first day I'm already regular entitled to benefits. This company is well secured. Some people here work for more than 20 years. Which means there must be something good about this company. Every week there are positions open and everyone is encouraged to apply internally. The culture is wonderful as well.
Cobham celebrates holidays & success & provides fun event on company site
MRSI Operator IV /Process Owner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2018
This company is great to celebrate successes. Such as Diversity Day, Ice cream on summer, & many holidays ex: 4th July, Halloween contests, Thanksgiving, & X-mas.
Pros
Great in scheduling OT
Cons
Harder to request to leave due to performance rating if you're a temp.
A place to get a good startExample: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2018
Very stressful environment. Lack of leadership within the company and management is non existant. Was promised a certain pay but since it wasn't in my contract I never received it. Nor did the rest of my coworkers. I was pretty much swindled into taking a lower salary
Pros
close to home
Ok for the time was there
Supply Chain Manager/Sr (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 3, 2018
Over all not a bad place to work. At time there was lack of direction and guidance. management was some what hands off. The only reason I left it that they where were going through tough time and I was laid off.
Pros
not to bad of a work enviroment
Cons
poor managemant in waht direction to take the company
productive and fun place to work
Maitenance Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2018
My job capacity at Cobham gave me the ability to work and learn at a relatively fast to moderate pace. The culture at the company is really good, they reward there employees that come up with ideas that increase production. Family oriented and friendly supervisors and managers, I would recommend this job to anyone.
Negative culture
Senior Cost & Pricing Analyst - Staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2018
Mgmt was only focused on how quick you could get work out, no discussion of potential impact to the morale and health of the workforce. Training was never offered, had to reverse engineer all processes.

Want to know more about Cobham?

Ask a question
very interesting field to work
Test area leader (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 15, 2018
It is a good place to work, I had learned a lot in the testing area. I had the opportunity to learning many others process, most of the coworkers always are ready to help you
They have a ping pong table.
Solder Assembler 2 (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
Friendly people and they are all willing to teach you their job position. Trainers are very experienced and they been there and know what they are talking about.
Pros
Easy and fun job
Cons
Low salary rate
I have skill sets in installing wire harness l missiles
Installing wire harness in tow missile (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2018
Installed wire harnessing in tow missile forging metal into shapes of tow Warheads forging medical metal bass fins and Etc operating machinery working in heat environments of 20 50 degrees and up on a furnace
Pros
Working in furnace operator
Cons
Na
Great fun yet challenging place to work
Equipment Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2018
This company is wonderful to work in. I loved the atmosphere, the work that continuously challenged be to do better and accomplish. The morale makes you wake up in the morning and want to go to work.
Pros
Pay incentives for doing a good job
Cons
A really good place to work
ENGINEERING AIDE (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 22, 2018
A really good place to work.
Work culture is professional everybody does their part to do there bast. Really grew and learned a lot opportunities to work on different projects in promoting within.
Good Envrionment
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
Working at Cobham was a good experience. My co-workers were very helpful and patient. I was on the fence before leaving because the work environment was relatively relaxed. But the pay was hard to equal cost of living in San Diego.
I'm not sure how well it pays in the long run but a little low on the short run.
Pros
Cool people
Cons
Pay not the best
nice buildings and location
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
Not a good place if you want to advance your career. Once the managers like you in the job you will not be able to move from the department. They have to much control over subordinates and HR is no help. Complaints don't get followed up with. Too much favoritism.
Pros
flexible hours, easy parking
Cons
no breaks-manipulation by managers, no advancement
productive and fun workplace
full-time contract Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 11, 2018
being part of the team, and working with others to collectively solve issues as a result of the project we were working on.

I enjoyed working with the people there, but unfortunately the project I was working on expired when the person leading the project left the company; then there was no work for me to do associated with this project, or any other position within the company to transfer to.
Pros
cookouts that involved the entire company to get to know them on an informal basis
Cons
the project I was working on was put on hold, and no other project available for me to stay there
diverse work environment
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2018
Pros:
many programs with own environment
potential for massive overtime
enjoyable work environment
they were willing to train me from no experience

Cons:
some programs require massive overtime
some programs have a shortage of parts
training is hit or miss, a lot of the old timers hold on to knowledge to stay relevent
Aged culture
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 4, 2018
Rarely any turn over. Individuals live and Die at this place. I found the work culture to be outdated and the growth to incredibly slow. The pay also was regularly lower than average.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobham. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight