Cobham Employee Reviews in Concord, CA

Good place to work.
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 26, 2016
I would like to work back there. Doing many productions. They managed very poor management. Mismanagement with budget.
Limited communications in teams. Too much time with computer work- BOM, Designs, Blueprints, Database.Waste time with computers.
Pros
Many perks. Every month employee meetings provided with free lunch.
Cons
Productions are unstable.Sometimes very stressfull. Then been fast down.
Contently Changing day by day work load.
PRODUCTION ASSEMBLER LEVEL 3 (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 21, 2016
Timed and monitored to ensure Quility and Quantity. Im Flexible To work from one cell to another cell. Small to large recieve systems are produced daily.
Good Direct Manager, Poor Upper Management
Manufacturing Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 7, 2014
A typical day at work consists of supporting the production floor in various aspects. Troubleshooting, redesigning parts for manufacturability, designing and building tools or fixtures to streamline the assembly flow. I also complete the drafting and workflow requirements for my department which requires knowledge of various CAD software and Enterprise Resource Planning tools.

I've learned a lot about DFM, LEAN initiatives, setting up a production facility, and serving as a middle man between the design team and assemblers.

The hardest part of the job is the amount of hoops one has to jump through in order to initiate change. There is unfortunately too much, "that's how we've always done it" going around.

My team consists of good people that genuinely want to help and improve the product. Upper management and production supervision has lost sight of what we are trying to accomplish making a lot of people very frustrated, and with poor morale.

The most enjoyable part for me is designing and implementing tools and fixtures that changes how we run the production floor. Getting it right for the assemblers is a very rewarding experience.
Target Rich Working Environment
Materials Control Section Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 31, 2013
Target Rich Working Environment with plenty of opportunity.
Productive and good company to work and work with friendly people
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 10, 2013
Had good place for work and gained lot of experience and hands on in Electical testing.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly environment
Cons
work under pressure
A busy place to work, mentally and physically demanding, mandatory overtime
Maintenance Tech iv (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 6, 2013
Eight hours is not enough time. I learned to drive 3 types of fork lifts and was certified in all three. Management a bit difficult. Co-workers are great. Hard to work almost every Saturday. Enjoyed taking turns doing shuttle driving.
Pros
Shuttle driving, got to know all the employees.
Cons
No time for breaks or lunches