Cobham Employee Reviews for Assembly Technician

2.7Job Security & Advancement
Good co workers
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 8, 2015
feast or famine either hunting for to fill 40hr work week or lost of OT if they don't get the OT hrs voluntarily they go to scheduled OT
Pros
benefits co workers
Cons
management not that great
Productive and fun place to work.
Certified Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day consisted of working together as a team. And when I say team I mean from the top management all the way to the production floor. We worked together to get the job done.
What I learned about was the different types off valves and releases that go into and onto naval and space products
What can I say, just some of the best.
Supervisor lacked good communication skills
The comradery and the humor.
Pros
Get together for lunches and parties in the break room
Cons
Insurance was to high for the assembler.
Cobham Life Support provides innovation and technologies products to the military and commercial entities.
Cryogenic Cooler Assembler/Technician (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 19, 2014
Cobham Life Support provides innovation and technologies products to the military and commercial entities in which I served as a Proud Marine. A typical work day for me is an early start before clocking in. I manage the production and support of the pistons and screen punching equipment. Setup, adjust, run machines. Self-initiate decision to determine the needs of the production lines with minimum or no supervision daily. Inspect the production lines to access the need for the days ahead. I have learned that management has strived to develop a teaming atmosphere and to give employees an opportunity to discuss operations issues and complains. For the most part my co-workers are loyal to their jobs but most are afraid to speak up in fear of losing their jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am alone in the room producing the precise item for the production line and access the need before the supervisor request me to. Being proactive in my job has been beneficial to learn new techniques and a team player to get the job done right and with quality.
No customer service
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 26, 2013
I worked there for over a decade and the new company philosophy is the bottom line and not customer service. Bean counters are now in charge and they don't care if the work is done correctly and to the customers satisfaction. They only care if its done fast and within the time they allow.
The company has gotten to the point that if you don't sit down, head down, and shut up then you are a trouble maker and they will make an example of you. Even if you point out how the process they are changing do not make sense and are making it more difficult to complete the job correctly. With the work we did there is no second chance to get the job done correctly. It has to work everytime the first time. No exceptions.
Pros
paid well for the area i worked in.
Cons
management doesn't care about the customer or employee relations.