Coborn's Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 3, 2018
Employees were treated well in certain departments.
Low competitive payrate.
Too many weekend and holiday hours
Best part of my job was my boss and a few of my team members
Good place for high school students
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDSeptember 13, 2018
The produce department was an okay job, but the management was very poor and I felt like we were under payed for all the job requires to do. Anyways, the coworkers were fun to be around and the benefits were good.
Pros
Benefits, and coworkers
Cons
Management, low pay
Great place to work while still in school
Bagger/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mora, MNSeptember 7, 2018
In a typical day at work, I would meet a variety of people, help them, and serve. I learned to have patience, but also have sternness. The management was wonderful and they always helped when you needed it. The hardest part was when I first started working. For me, it was learning to do everything. But now, it's simple. The most enjoyable part is working with coworkers I love to be around and the friendly work environment I get to be in. They are super flexible with hours, which is why I loved working there in the school year. They are lenient on starting after school as well, and will make sure you don't overwork during the year. My coworkers are very nice and always helpful.
Pros
Occasionally food, discounts, flexible hours, great environment.
Cons
Short breaks
Good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNSeptember 4, 2018
This is a good high school and college job, as the hours are extremely flexible. I currently work in the Natural Foods department, where I assist guests with their inquiries and stock and order product.
Good job.
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, MNAugust 29, 2018
Staff worked 7-4 or possibly 8-5
as produce manager at my location.
Part time staff worked 10-6 or 11-7, was also dependent upon the season.
Many things were left up to me to figure out on my own. Training was not good.
Loved this job, but did not have much corporate or upper management support.
Challenging opportunity
Vice President Information Systems and Technology (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 28, 2018
The organization has opportunities to improve and has challenges ahead with competitive pressures coming from other grocers and retailers jumping into the delivery and store pick up model
I liked the job but I didn’t fit in.
Everything. (Former Employee) –  Delano, MNAugust 24, 2018
At one point I wanted to really advance ahead, but I didn’t fit in with the people in charge. It’s not a good entry level job since I’d sooner recommend young people to go into the manufacturing jobs around Minnesota or go to school. Unless you really fit in, the culture there is all about the community it’s in. The hours were long and I never got ahead even though I was the hardest worker they had ever employed, I wasn’t an outdoorsman and wasn’t related to anyone so I was always overlooked. Waste of time and money for years.
Pros
Cons
Expect favoritism.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers as well.
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, MNAugust 9, 2018
I feel the job I had worked well for me, however, there other positions in the store that were much more challenging than mine, and there was a lot turmoil though out the store which created a very negative working environment.
Pros
Loved the people.
Cons
The company was not that great to work for.
Lack of communication and training
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sauk Centre, MNAugust 9, 2018
Thrown into a line of work with little training, poor communication, and poor scheduling. Learned most things the hard way. Management plays favorites. Most co-workers get along well. Others seem to have management wrapped around their fingers. Hardest part about job is not being able to stick up for yourself and being thrown under the bus. Most enjoyable part of job is working with people that take pride in their job and get along well with others.
Cons
pay
Good experience
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, MNAugust 8, 2018
I had never had a real job until Coborn's, it was a great first job to have. It was easy job most of the time full friendly atmosphere, I had an amazing manager and I learned how to make sure to be sanitary one hundred percent of the time. I love learning all the daily tasks of a bakery clerk, and take pride in everything I do, I suggested the job to my cousin in St. Cloud because it seemed like such an easy going job. I feel my manager made sure I knew how to take care of every situation and how to work well with customers, which I hope I reached her expectations.
Pros
Great manager, decent amount of breaks, mainly friendly staff, and decent pay.
Cons
Not as many benefits as I wanted, not many hours, difficulty in transportation, fluctuation in hours, and customers are pretty unthoughtful.
Productive work environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNAugust 6, 2018
Striving to provide excellent customer service
A company that is loyal to its employees
Distributing quality products
Friendly atmosphere
Meeting the needs of the customers comes first
Great People
NSR (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNJuly 31, 2018
Great people work here but there is no real room to advance or make yourself an asset to the company. There are a wide variety of people you will meet on the job.
Great work environment and helpful management team
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, MNJuly 30, 2018
I worked 6 am to noon- receiving merchandise from vendors delivering to Coborns. Teamwork was a great part of the store from the management team to my co-workers.
Pros
Excellent management staff
Cons
none I enjoyed my co-workers and the work I did.
Good first job
Front-End Manager (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNJuly 29, 2018
This job is great in teaching teenagers how to properly deal with various workplace aspects, especially customer service. They also teach professionalism well.
Pros
Good first job
Cons
Low pay
Fun work as a Bakery Department Associate
Bakery Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed baking breads, making desserts and talking with customers. I learned how to base ice and write on cakes, make various types of desserts such as peanut bars, dream bars and walking sundaes. Organizing stock in the freezers was a bit of a challenge, but I was allowed to sample anything out to customers that I wanted to try for myself. Coborn's was a good place to work and I enjoyed my experience there.
Awesome experience
Food Prep and cleaning crew (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNJuly 12, 2018
Good environment great place to eat and shop. Great customer service. Very fast paced. Needs to be more accurate on what to do in a situations that could escalate
Pros
Extra time
Cons
Short breaks
It was a good learning expierance
Assistant deli manager (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDJuly 7, 2018
I enjoyed it just was stressful and not well organized in my dept it was unfair on a few things and wouldnt work there again.i enjoyed my co workers..
Terrible place
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNJuly 3, 2018
Terrible place too work management cares more about the customers than the drivers. Also, they make you do routs 40+min. away from the shop. also you have to work every Sunday
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Managers suck, bunch of old guys work there, the routes you are assigned
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, MNJune 27, 2018
A typical day is busy But can be quit stressful. I learned a lot more about decorating and dealing with people when stressed out. Management is great they are supportive and do their best to help when needed. It is a fun place to work friendly and family oriented. hardest part was balancing guest assistance and my decorating work load. I really enjoy decorating the cakes
Fast paced rude co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Prairie, MNJune 13, 2018
People I worked with were rude bossy and lazy and just not the greatest environment. My supervisor was rude and crabby stuck up. Day shift was worse with attitude
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Unpleasant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coborn's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight