Coborn's Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Awesome experience
Food Prep and cleaning crew (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNJuly 12, 2018
Good environment great place to eat and shop. Great customer service. Very fast paced. Needs to be more accurate on what to do in a situations that could escalate
Pros
Extra time
Cons
Short breaks
It was a good learning expierance
Assistant deli manager (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDJuly 7, 2018
I enjoyed it just was stressful and not well organized in my dept it was unfair on a few things and wouldnt work there again.i enjoyed my co workers..
Terrible place
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNJuly 3, 2018
Terrible place too work management cares more about the customers than the drivers. Also, they make you do routs 40+min. away from the shop. also you have to work every Sunday
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Managers suck, bunch of old guys work there, the routes you are assigned
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, MNJune 27, 2018
A typical day is busy But can be quit stressful. I learned a lot more about decorating and dealing with people when stressed out. Management is great they are supportive and do their best to help when needed. It is a fun place to work friendly and family oriented. hardest part was balancing guest assistance and my decorating work load. I really enjoy decorating the cakes
Fast paced rude co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Prairie, MNJune 13, 2018
People I worked with were rude bossy and lazy and just not the greatest environment. My supervisor was rude and crabby stuck up. Day shift was worse with attitude
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Unpleasant
Not enough staff
Deli clerk/cook (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNJune 7, 2018
Not enough staff to get tasks done on time. Corporate sets impossible time management goals. They don't hire enough full time employees. Pay is to low .
It was a good employer.
Meat Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, MNJune 3, 2018
I enjoyed working for Coborn's. I felt the pay was fair for the work that I did and they offered plenty of work advancement opportunities. Unfortunately my life did not allow me to continue working there.
It was a starter job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, MNMay 30, 2018
This was the first job I ever got, they were very flexible with school and when I had other jobs during the summer and such, I really don't have much bad to say. There aren't many chances to advance unless you know someone higher up. The new front desk manager isn't the nicest in my experience, but I never worked with him so I don't know much.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
no andvancement
Fun workplace. Family and employee owned
Certified Float Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  MNMay 29, 2018
I like coborns I do not stay here full time because it is too far from my house otherwise I would work here as my primary job! I like the kudos we receive and employees being part owners.
Amazing place to work
Bookkeeper/Service Counter (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNMay 24, 2018
The staff are always willing to help and are very friendly. It is a great first time job or any time job. Everyone that works there is kind, knowledgeable and hard working.
Bad management
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, MNMay 24, 2018
Very bad and rude managers. Overworked underpayed. Managers would get into your personal business and make you work addictional hours or you were fired.
Pros
Cons
Management.
hated it
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDMay 16, 2018
I hated it. Played favorites and never truly looked at those who deserved the jobs. Never was thankful for those who came into the store to work when others called in all the time and when those who called in get a pay raise instead of others who work their butts off.
Senior Guest Services Representative Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, MNApril 23, 2018
A typical work day varies, I have learned a lot at Coborns, I have worked my way up from a guest service Representative to Sr. Front end manager. the culture is fast and friendly, the hardest part of my job is working weekends. The most enjoyable are the people I work with.
Pros
flexible
Cons
weekends
Unfair place to work
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 23, 2018
Management doesn't do anything to fix any issues therefore issues continue to get worse. Management does not care about any issues you may be having within the workplace. Poor pay for all of the hard work that everyone does.
Pros
Discounts on Coborn's brand items.
Cons
Great environment that keeps you on your toes
NSR (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNApril 22, 2018
I get to and start off with a cup of coffee and I know exactly where I am routed. I have my route down and it makes my day so much easier and faster. I go through the day without even needing any assistance and I feel like my own boss. Even though my route is the heaviest, I get done first and have time to spare before I head in to my next job. I think Coborns is a great place to work with really great benefits.
Pros
benefits, good wage
Cons
heavy loads
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNApril 21, 2018
I enjoyed going to work because my coworkers made the work experience so much better. However, I don't think my review is very reliable for anyone looking for employment there; I worked for Coborn's as a high school student and didn't receive their benefits.
School Part Time Job
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDApril 17, 2018
Flexible with your school schedule and with emergencies. Always willing to let you learn and help out or do other things if not busy. Always trying to promote good customer service. Busy a lot of the times but well worth the rushes and the crunch times.
Fun working environment
Front End Manager/Team Lead Barista (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDApril 16, 2018
During my 2 years at Coborn's I was able to advance in my job. I was initially hired as a cashier and I advanced to the customer service desk, then on to front end manager. My last advancement was from front end manager to team lead barista. Pay is fair for the job that you do and the co-workers were great to be around. Coborn's also had a great customer base, most everyone is friendly.
Pros
great coworkers and management
Cons
no full time positions
Management from the stone age
Associate (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNApril 15, 2018
Management makes spur of the moment decisions based on feelings instead of facts. Hard to imagine this business model succeeding now that Target, Hyvee, Walmart, and Lunds are all offering grocery delivery services.
Pros
Employee store for discounted groceries, Esop
Very nice co-workers at Glencoe
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNApril 1, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Pleasant work enviorment. New deli manager is lack luster. Some of the best people I know work there or have. Overall good experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coborn's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight