Coborn's Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing place to work
Bookkeeper/Service Counter (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNMay 24, 2018
The staff are always willing to help and are very friendly. It is a great first time job or any time job. Everyone that works there is kind, knowledgeable and hard working.
Bad management
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, MNMay 24, 2018
Very bad and rude managers. Overworked underpayed. Managers would get into your personal business and make you work addictional hours or you were fired.
Pros
Cons
Management.
hated it
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDMay 16, 2018
I hated it. Played favorites and never truly looked at those who deserved the jobs. Never was thankful for those who came into the store to work when others called in all the time and when those who called in get a pay raise instead of others who work their butts off.
Unfair place to work
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 23, 2018
Management doesn't do anything to fix any issues therefore issues continue to get worse. Management does not care about any issues you may be having within the workplace. Poor pay for all of the hard work that everyone does.
Pros
Discounts on Coborn's brand items.
Cons
Great environment that keeps you on your toes
NSR (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNApril 22, 2018
I get to and start off with a cup of coffee and I know exactly where I am routed. I have my route down and it makes my day so much easier and faster. I go through the day without even needing any assistance and I feel like my own boss. Even though my route is the heaviest, I get done first and have time to spare before I head in to my next job. I think Coborns is a great place to work with really great benefits.
Pros
benefits, good wage
Cons
heavy loads
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNApril 21, 2018
I enjoyed going to work because my coworkers made the work experience so much better. However, I don't think my review is very reliable for anyone looking for employment there; I worked for Coborn's as a high school student and didn't receive their benefits.
School Part Time Job
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDApril 17, 2018
Flexible with your school schedule and with emergencies. Always willing to let you learn and help out or do other things if not busy. Always trying to promote good customer service. Busy a lot of the times but well worth the rushes and the crunch times.
Fun working environment
Front End Manager/Team Lead Barista (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDApril 16, 2018
During my 2 years at Coborn's I was able to advance in my job. I was initially hired as a cashier and I advanced to the customer service desk, then on to front end manager. My last advancement was from front end manager to team lead barista. Pay is fair for the job that you do and the co-workers were great to be around. Coborn's also had a great customer base, most everyone is friendly.
Pros
great coworkers and management
Cons
no full time positions
Management from the stone age
Associate (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNApril 15, 2018
Management makes spur of the moment decisions based on feelings instead of facts. Hard to imagine this business model succeeding now that Target, Hyvee, Walmart, and Lunds are all offering grocery delivery services.
Pros
Employee store for discounted groceries, Esop
Very nice co-workers at Glencoe
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNApril 1, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Pleasant work enviorment. New deli manager is lack luster. Some of the best people I know work there or have. Overall good experience.
Relaxed place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNMarch 28, 2018
The enviornment is very nice. Staff are friendly and it is very calm. Rush hours can be tough but managable with team assistance. Managers were very friendly as well as co-workers.
Pros
Easy job.
Cons
Long standing.
Great place to work.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNMarch 24, 2018
Outstanding coworkers and management. Very flexible with my schedule since I work 50+ hrs at my full time career. They really focus on employee satisfaction.
great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Princeton, MNMarch 15, 2018
Great place to work great co workers wonderful management. I have worked here for 6+ years. I have been happy with all this company has provided for me since I started working for them. Other than low pay I am happy working for Coborn's Inc.
Pros
great management
Cons
low pay
Family like
Head Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Delano, MNMarch 13, 2018
All us full time people are like family we have all worked there so long. The employees are work well together and get along. The high school kids that work in the front end are good kids.
Awful place to work
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Melrose, MNMarch 12, 2018
I would NOT recommend anyone to work at Coborn's. They don't live by anything they have in their handbook. Their management team is AWFUL! They harass the employees and tell them if they don't smile they won't get more hours at work. My home store is an awful store. Many people there are rude and never smile. Many times when you go in the store if 2 employees are talking you have to wait until they are done talking to be waited on. You definitely feel as though you are a bother to them. Even though without the customer none of the employees would be needed.
Pros
Cons
Management & Hours
Poor culture and corporate management
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMarch 2, 2018
When I joined Coborns 6 years ago it was a decent company to work for. Since then there has been a drastic decline. Upper management is so disconnected from store level management that it is almost impossible to work with them. They have overly ambitious goals that boarder on ludicrous, with the amount of labor needed to follow through versus what you’re allowed to use. The company doesn’t care about you as a human being; the whole point to your existence is to pad the bottom line. Policies changes and new initiatives come down almost constantly, and most are changed or completely scrapped before they’ve even been fully implemented. They have created a toxic culture that completely disregards any ideas, experiences, knowledge/expertise, or information that doesn’t come from the corporate office. We can be constantly seeing events unfold at store level, and it’s like they’ve created a information bubble around the corporate office and anything that’ gets passed up the chain gets stopped at the door (you usually receive no response at all from you supervisors). This culture starts from the top and filters all the way down through the ranks, making it a terrible place to work. There is currently a “culture reset initiative” coming from the office, but they refuse to acknowledge any issues where the root cause is from inside their own building.
Pros
Many locations, can find a new position throughout central Minnesota. Fairly flexible scheduling.
Cons
Difficult to work with management. Toxic work environment.
Hard but in the end Worth it.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNMarch 2, 2018
While it was hard and taxing work I would never change any of that for the experience and work I got. It has a variety of things to do and get done. All of which were detrimental to upholding our store and keeping our customers happy.
Good work place for the right person
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  St.Cloud MinnesotaFebruary 27, 2018
I feel it was a good job but at the time they were at the end of there busy part of the year. The people that work there are friendly and willing to teach people new things.
Pros
The people I worked with everyday.
Cons
To short of breaks, we only got a 15 minute break in the morning. And 20 mintues for lunch or no lunch at all.
Great first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNFebruary 26, 2018
This was my first job and I am incredibly grateful for the experience. Definitely flexible with hours and open to a wide variety of schedules and walks of life.
Very Flexible
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNFebruary 23, 2018
The company is easy to work for they are pretty flexible with your everyday life. The employees are easy to work with. Many have been there for many years.