Coborn's Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lack of communication and training
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sauk Centre, MNAugust 9, 2018
Thrown into a line of work with little training, poor communication, and poor scheduling. Learned most things the hard way. Management plays favorites. Most co-workers get along well. Others seem to have management wrapped around their fingers. Hardest part about job is not being able to stick up for yourself and being thrown under the bus. Most enjoyable part of job is working with people that take pride in their job and get along well with others.
Cons
pay
Good experience
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, MNAugust 8, 2018
I had never had a real job until Coborn's, it was a great first job to have. It was easy job most of the time full friendly atmosphere, I had an amazing manager and I learned how to make sure to be sanitary one hundred percent of the time. I love learning all the daily tasks of a bakery clerk, and take pride in everything I do, I suggested the job to my cousin in St. Cloud because it seemed like such an easy going job. I feel my manager made sure I knew how to take care of every situation and how to work well with customers, which I hope I reached her expectations.
Pros
Great manager, decent amount of breaks, mainly friendly staff, and decent pay.
Cons
Not as many benefits as I wanted, not many hours, difficulty in transportation, fluctuation in hours, and customers are pretty unthoughtful.
Productive work environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, MNAugust 6, 2018
Striving to provide excellent customer service
A company that is loyal to its employees
Distributing quality products
Friendly atmosphere
Meeting the needs of the customers comes first
Great People
NSR (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNJuly 31, 2018
Great people work here but there is no real room to advance or make yourself an asset to the company. There are a wide variety of people you will meet on the job.
Great work environment and helpful management team
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, MNJuly 30, 2018
I worked 6 am to noon- receiving merchandise from vendors delivering to Coborns. Teamwork was a great part of the store from the management team to my co-workers.
Pros
Excellent management staff
Cons
none I enjoyed my co-workers and the work I did.
Good first job
Front-End Manager (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNJuly 29, 2018
This job is great in teaching teenagers how to properly deal with various workplace aspects, especially customer service. They also teach professionalism well.
Pros
Good first job
Cons
Low pay
Fun work as a Bakery Department Associate
Bakery Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed baking breads, making desserts and talking with customers. I learned how to base ice and write on cakes, make various types of desserts such as peanut bars, dream bars and walking sundaes. Organizing stock in the freezers was a bit of a challenge, but I was allowed to sample anything out to customers that I wanted to try for myself. Coborn's was a good place to work and I enjoyed my experience there.
Awesome experience
Food Prep and cleaning crew (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNJuly 12, 2018
Good environment great place to eat and shop. Great customer service. Very fast paced. Needs to be more accurate on what to do in a situations that could escalate
Pros
Extra time
Cons
Short breaks
It was a good learning expierance
Assistant deli manager (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDJuly 7, 2018
I enjoyed it just was stressful and not well organized in my dept it was unfair on a few things and wouldnt work there again.i enjoyed my co workers..
Terrible place
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNJuly 3, 2018
Terrible place too work management cares more about the customers than the drivers. Also, they make you do routs 40+min. away from the shop. also you have to work every Sunday
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Managers suck, bunch of old guys work there, the routes you are assigned
Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, MNJune 27, 2018
A typical day is busy But can be quit stressful. I learned a lot more about decorating and dealing with people when stressed out. Management is great they are supportive and do their best to help when needed. It is a fun place to work friendly and family oriented. hardest part was balancing guest assistance and my decorating work load. I really enjoy decorating the cakes
Fast paced rude co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Long Prairie, MNJune 13, 2018
People I worked with were rude bossy and lazy and just not the greatest environment. My supervisor was rude and crabby stuck up. Day shift was worse with attitude
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Unpleasant
Not enough staff
Deli clerk/cook (Current Employee) –  Hastings, MNJune 7, 2018
Not enough staff to get tasks done on time. Corporate sets impossible time management goals. They don't hire enough full time employees. Pay is to low .
It was a good employer.
Meat Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, MNJune 3, 2018
I enjoyed working for Coborn's. I felt the pay was fair for the work that I did and they offered plenty of work advancement opportunities. Unfortunately my life did not allow me to continue working there.
It was a starter job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, MNMay 30, 2018
This was the first job I ever got, they were very flexible with school and when I had other jobs during the summer and such, I really don't have much bad to say. There aren't many chances to advance unless you know someone higher up. The new front desk manager isn't the nicest in my experience, but I never worked with him so I don't know much.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
no andvancement
Fun workplace. Family and employee owned
Certified Float Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  MNMay 29, 2018
I like coborns I do not stay here full time because it is too far from my house otherwise I would work here as my primary job! I like the kudos we receive and employees being part owners.
Amazing place to work
Bookkeeper/Service Counter (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNMay 24, 2018
The staff are always willing to help and are very friendly. It is a great first time job or any time job. Everyone that works there is kind, knowledgeable and hard working.
Bad management
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, MNMay 24, 2018
Very bad and rude managers. Overworked underpayed. Managers would get into your personal business and make you work addictional hours or you were fired.
Pros
Cons
Management.
hated it
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDMay 16, 2018
I hated it. Played favorites and never truly looked at those who deserved the jobs. Never was thankful for those who came into the store to work when others called in all the time and when those who called in get a pay raise instead of others who work their butts off.
Senior Guest Services Representative Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, MNApril 23, 2018
A typical work day varies, I have learned a lot at Coborns, I have worked my way up from a guest service Representative to Sr. Front end manager. the culture is fast and friendly, the hardest part of my job is working weekends. The most enjoyable are the people I work with.
Pros
flexible
Cons
weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coborn's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight