Coborn's Employee Reviews

Overall great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, MNMarch 12, 2019
Flexible schedule
Room for growth and advancements
Management is supportive and understanding
Family and Education are important
Focuses on employee and customer satisfaction.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 11, 2019
An enjoyable workplace if you can find your niche. Managers are willing to work around your schedule to accommodate. Excellent health foods section. Employee discount. Gas station on the side as well. If you work and shop here, it's a good one stop shop.
Pros
Free lunch once a week. Birthday cake once a month for all the employees
Cons
High cashier turnover rate, but the long time employees stuck around.
Great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sartell, MNMarch 7, 2019
Sometimes the customers can be very overwhelming but having great coworkers help a lot in difficult situations. Everyone here is very caring for another and go out of there way to help others that are in need.
Flexible with school schedule
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, MNMarch 2, 2019
They have a good work environment and are very flexible with any schedule you have, weather its school, a second job, or just not wanting tons of hours they are always willing to be flexible. The location I work at has great management they are always happy and willing to help out others.
Bad Management
Meat Clerk/Cutter (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 27, 2019
The hours are ver inconsistent, the management is lackluster, Items were pulled from shelves and upsold for over a dollar more and claming it was "fresh". This company is a joke and a lie
Pros
longer, more frequent breaks
Cons
Scam, bad management
Sous Chef Apprentice
Sous Chef Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Albertville, MNFebruary 2, 2019
As a sous chef apprentice, I learned a lot about cooking. I learned how to manage my time wisely with the variety of meals I had to make and became better at using the grill. I served up many customers ranging from breakfast to lunch to dinner with whatever they asked for. The job was very difficult and was very time consuming but managed to handle my time for the most part wisely. The job required my full attention to maintain focus and challenge myself everyday. Overall, the job was a very difficult task to accomplish, and was very proud to do what I did everyday to make sure everything was in order to the best of my abilities.
Pros
The pay was good, and also very rewarding
Cons
Stressful, and hard on the body with the time allotted to complete my tasks..
have not worked here in ten years
Evening Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albertville, MNJanuary 29, 2019
have not worked here in ten years. Started working there with assumption of a company based on family values. When I left the company their focus was no longer on family but on the almighty dollar.
Amazing Company to work for!
Natural Foods Manager (Former Employee) –  Delano, MNJanuary 24, 2019
I have been with Coborn's for 10+ years off and on between high school, college, and after I had children. By far ONE of the best companies I have ever worked for and would highly recommend them to any potential employee young or old.
Beware of cliques
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Hope, MNJanuary 15, 2019
The woman on day shifts were friends with the team lead. BIG BIG mistake. It made th woman rude and feeling like they run the show. I was hired for certain days and times and one of the woman deemed it unfair and set out to make life horrible. Who wants to go to work knowing someone is going to be awful and you pretty much cannot say anything because she is friends with the team leader
I liked Coborns.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNJanuary 14, 2019
Good
place to work. Convenient, in our small town. I went to work at Co
burns, because I was in between working at a horse farm and training dogs, at Rio Grand, Hastings, Minnesota.
Lack of communication from management and poor leadership
Bookkeeper/Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Princeton, MNJanuary 7, 2019
The particular store I worked at was at one time, a pretty solid store. Good management, good communication between all managers and departments, but over time there was a noticeable breakdown in all of that and the store took a turn for the worse.

Coborn's is a company that boasts "Family Values" and "Customer Focused Service" but the problem there is that the only real focus is making money.
Awesome corporate vision, mission and values, hard to get buy in at locations.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 29, 2018
I have great admiration for my coworkers, but feel because we are so remote from the corporate office we are overlooked even though we are a profitable part of the entire organization. I also fear they are growing faster than our resources can accommodate.
Great work place, bad management.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Isanti, MNDecember 29, 2018
I enjoyed working there. There was a great atmosphere, but very poor management. I enjoyed the semi-flexible scheduling, although the schedules came out later than I would have liked.
poor management in the deli
Deli merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 23, 2018
The entire time I worked there the deli manager did nothing that was required of her. She didn't give time off when you were sick, she wouldn't check the internet for times you requested off, instead you had to put it on the internet, talk to her, and write it down for her. The people are friendly, but only does minimal work. Overall, not a good place to work.
It's a good place to work at, even as a starter job.
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 13, 2018
Coborn's is a great place to start work at, even for a first job during high school. It would give new recruits experience to work their way up the job latter and try new tasks.
Pros
Have lunch on long hour shifts
Cons
not enough hours a week
Not a bad high school job
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNDecember 13, 2018
As a high school or college student it isn't bad. The bakery at pine cone had a lousy manager who was rude to her employees and would talk behind everyone's backs.
Flexible schedule/no training or management
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MNDecember 7, 2018
In your interview they tell you that you will be doing a specific station. Not true!! You will be running all day! There is no training or help from management. There is barely enough time to wait on the customers , let alone get all of the other things that are expected daily.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No breaks, bad management
Fast pace as a cashier and a pharmacy tech.
Cashier and Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sartell, MNNovember 26, 2018
Steadily busy most days and exceptionally busy from 3-7 p.m. and around holidays as a cashier. Pharmacy clerk/cashier extremely busy during my hours of 2-6 p.m.
The days were short, and they were flexible with hours.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albertville, MNNovember 26, 2018
The management in my time at two different locations was poor, despite time stamped reports of verbal abuse, it takes years for action to be taken. Other than that, the departments typically help one another, and the employees are generally hard working and very friendly. Most of the customers are friendly at the locations I worked in which made it easier and less stressful on everyone. The had pretty nice benefits, 401K matching could be better, but it's not the end of the world.
Coborns
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 22, 2018
It is a great place to work. The people that work there are nice people to work with. It has flexible hours so you can really work whenever. You have to work weekends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coborn's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight