Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, LLC Employee Reviews for Sales Merchandiser

Horrible
Sales merchandiser supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2019
Worst professional experience ever!!! Stressful environment, overworked and underpaid!! Communication from the higher ups in the company is not properly channeled down to the employees! Just a mess!!!
Stay away do not apply
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJuly 29, 2019
This company is the ABSOLUTE worst. Long hours, minimal pay, unorganized management and no job security. Do not I repeat DO NOT APPLY. Extremely stressful and absolutely no guidance. They require way too much for so LITTLE pay and there is NO room for advancement. Remember you’ve been warned.
Just don’t believe in the Big Name
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2019
You see the Coca Cola name in your resume and you would think that you worked for a great Company but reality is that they have a lot to fix to have their employees happy, you have the best Brand in the world you should star thinking in how to have the best workplace and happy employees so that name really means the great Product you sell.
Long hours and plenty of wrok
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2019
Start morning at your first outlet checking shelves and filling from the backstock if any and making sure the products is rotated to date. Order to fill shelves to meet customer needs and store needs.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
long hours no downtime
Terrible work place would not recommend this job to anyone
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 5, 2019
The company is very unorganized. The management sucks and doesn't communicate with you. they have a unrealistic expectation of doing your job. they do not care about the family or the home life.i thought it would be a great company to work for but boy was I wrong lol
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Immensely Unorganized
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 25, 2019
First, you must understand that as a coca cola merchandiser you will be paid less than most other merchandisers anywhere else, Pepsi especially. Second, the communication and organization is muddled constantly. Dont expect management to care until something has gone off the rails in a big way. They are happy to just not forsee or absolve issues beforehand and it's up to you to make decisions to try and fix routes, displays, and customer complaints on your own. Also, 90% of customers already experienced the misconduct so you will be treated like a fool no matter how good you are
Pros
Benefits of a large company
Cons
No support from management, large company does not care about if product will sell, only that they push more and more product into stores leading to frustration
Will definitely keep you busy.
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Metrowest orlandoJune 19, 2019
40-50 hr work weeks. Pay is about 14.57 starting out. And managers are great. I would definitely reccomend this job to others. There is always something to do and not that much down time
Viewer beware
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2019
If you're looking for a company that will show you respect and go to bat for you, this is not the place. No matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, no matter how skilled you are, you are always wrong in everything you do. Hands down the most unorganized company I've ever worked for. Everything changes at random and you're usually the last to find out and it is usually after you've already done it wrong. They stock pile you with work and complain when you are going over the 40 hour mark while at the same time wanting you to complete your weekly tasks that would take roughly 50 hours to do.

Pros:
Stay busy
Prestigious company to put on your resume

Cons:
Unorganized from the top down
Overworked/Underpaid
No appreciation for work
No loyalty towards their own
Stay away of this company don’t apply
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 3, 2019
Poor company stay away don’t waste your time and live in this company is a horrible company they don’t respect the employees they only call you to give you a complaint every thing they care is about make the number they never send you a extra hands to help u salary is a joke they want you to sell sell and sell you have to do 3 people jobs and they paid you for 1 people and also hiring new employees with a high salary so new people get more money that is incredible
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
A lot of work for not enough money
Hardwork
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 21, 2019
work constant you need to have common sense and pay attention to detail Package orders for delivery to customers
∙ Load materials on truck for delivery Deliver orders to customers
Pros
meeting people
Cons
breaks and pay twice a week
Company needs to be investigated
Sales merchandiser (Current Employee) –  LakelandFebruary 23, 2019
During orientation I was told I would ride along for 2 weeks with a current merchandiser however it ended up being a 4 weeks and not because i needed the extra 2 weeks it’s cause the guy training me needed the help. After starting on my own I can truly say I understand why my trainer didn’t want to let me go.You are worked like a dog.you will have 3 to 4 stores on your route usually starting at a Walmart.the amount of work you do at Walmart is almost enough for an entires days worth of work.However as tired as you are after puting 6 pallets of product on carts and pushing out on floor then filling coolers working as fast and hard as you can your lucky to be out of your first store after 5 hours. However your next store is already calling you or your manager asking why you haven’t made it to there store yet.Finally arriving at your second store which is usually a Publix takes another 5 hours so here we are 10 hours into your day exhausted and hungry as heck you don’t have time to take a break or lunch cause your third store is already getting impatient.third store usually being a windixe her goes another 3 hours of working your tail off. So after your 13 hour day tired hungry your finally headed home just for your whip cracking Supervisor to call you and talk to you like your 10 years old asking why one of the coolers at your first Walmart is empty ...oh that’s right it’s cause after your done they expect you to always return to Walmart after you finish your route P.s. also don’t for get to fill the liquor store at Walmart.Its always something management will find and complain  more... about at one of your stores it’s never a good job or I’m sorry we’re working like a mule hound.

Let me put it this way:

The route I cover takes my 18 year old son and Myself working together hard as we can go at least 9 hours To finish. However Coca Cola Florida expects one person to do it in 9 hours. After doing it by your self 5 days a week straight week after week your ready to walk off the job each and every day cause your so exhausted and stressed.
Incompetent Recruiters and and Management
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2019
After responding to the online job posting I was contacted several times by a very persistent recruiter who seemed to paint a picture of a very promising position with the company. I was initially offered a position as a Merchandiser at the Daytona Beach location. After submitting my background and UA which both were clear, I attempted to contact the recruiter whom would not return my calls or emails for well over two weeks. Probably not just me as her voicemail was "full" for the entire time and office # would forward all calls to yet another full voicemail. Finally I attempted to contact the location directly and once again took another week to recieve a call back. When I asked for an anticipated start date, which I was originally told February 1st, I was told it would be at least another month. This is all after being offered a job which I accepted and put in notice with my current employer. After explaining this to the Manager, very professionally and trying to understand their intentions I was told "due diligence"...please wait and we will contact you soon. I said ok and thank you and proceeded to wait another week before being contacted this morning only to be told that my background/driving record was not up to par, which is a flat out lie. I was told she could not tell me the exact reason that my background/driving check was rejected but I can say with 100% truth that there is nothing on either. Also the initial hourly salary that was posted on the job listing was $19.40/hr and when I was at the actual interview, I was offered only $14/hr. When I inquired why that was,  more... they put all responsibility back on the recruiters. After reading other reviews I came to realize this to be a recurring theme with this DC. To say the least I am very disappointed to know that their recruiting staff (another side note, was very young and quite unprofessional in how she spoke to me. In the first phone call she asked me "What's the 'dealio'" which I can't imagine is part of Coca Cola's preferred lingo.). All in all I would say it was a blessing in disguise as I feel it would have been a waste of energy and time to invest 1 day with this company. With all that being said, if you like to be lied to and falsely led into an almost guaranteed dead end job (based on many reviews from former employees and after watching several videos from people like myself) then I think you would fit right in. If you value honesty and integrity like I do, I would suggest looking elsewhere. Thanks for reading.  less
Redundancy. Merchandising in Publix is a nightmare!
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 19, 2018
Part of doing this job well and getting it done quickly is knowing your stores. Not all stores are the same. The isles where the soda, water, and energy drinks are located are different in every store. The side and end display areas are different as well as cooler placement in each store. I walked the same store for two weeks and never noticed the 2 liter display in the deli.

I did train with someone for four weeks on their route. We were doing Wal-Mart and two grocery stores but when it came time to get my own route I was given a Publix, Winn Dixie and a list of Dollar Generals and convenient stores. I had worked the Winn Dixie in training but never any of these other stores. I was not given an opportunity to train in the stores on my route. I was just thrown into the route on my own and told "You will figure it out." I was doing things at Publix that I was shown to do at the locations I trained in only to have the grocery manager come to me and say "This is all wrong. It all needs redone." The way Publix did things was different than the way Winn Dixie did things and that is fine but no one at Coke ever told me that.

The allotted merchandising time for a bulk store, such as Publix, is three hours. It was taking me double that. At one point I was told by upper management "You can't be spending that much time in one store."

You start your day off showing up to your bulk stores (5 to 6 am). Those are high volume locations such as Wal-Mart or Publix. You are expected to, alone, pull and unload five to seven pallets (or more) of product, stock the shelves in the store
  more... and organize the back room area you are assigned by the location.A big part of the job that I disliked was the constant down stack and re stack of pallets. Often what you needed for the floor was at the bottom of a pallet so you would have to work that pallet down to get what you needed. Then often times the next thing you needed was buried by all the products you just moved (caused by working in a limited space). It just seemed like a lot of unnecessary double work to me. At Publix you are also supposed to make time to confer over the next delivery order. To me, it seemed like a lot of work for one person. Most mornings you have to search for a pallet jack to move your delivery and if you are merchandising a Publix you cannot pull pallets onto the floor past 7 am. Your product is supposed to be loaded onto a cart (U-boat) to be moved out to the floor. Good luck finding one! The Publix employees have them all and you end up working out of a grocery cart. No dolly or cart is provided by Coke.

Working in the back room at Publix is a nightmare! They have their shipments coming in early in the morning. This is the same time your delivery truck comes from Coke. There is no room to work on the loading dock outside nor in your assigned area inside. The pathway that runs the length of the store in the back room is only wide enough to let one person pulling a pallet or cart pass at a time. Many times while working my stock area I had to stop and move out of the way (with my cart) so that a pallet or cart could be pulled through by a Publix employee. You are kind of looked at as an outsider. Like you are in the way of them getting their job done.

Part of the job is keeping your area in the back room clean and organized. Stacking and sorting to utilize all the available space. I and agree with this do not have a problem with it but if the grocery manager looks at your area and decides its not up to his standards he will make you redo the whole area. This can be an hour of work in itself. The problem is on your days off, you have someone coming in who might not bother with cleaning and organizing the back area or even merchandising the store properly. So, you are left cleaning up someone else's mess. This is the big problem I see with this job and with Coke. They want people who can come in and unload pallets quickly and move on to the next store but that isn't what they teach. They tell you they want you to clean, stock, keep the back area organized, have relationships with managers and order product but in reality its a daily race to get the pallets unloaded and get out before the store manager comes along and gets you for all the stuff they want done. Its a game of "What can I get away with not doing today?"

It's a game I chose not to play. Others seem to do well with it but the job just wasn't for me.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Work load, corporate mentality (get it done at all costs to make the mighty dollar for Coke), unorganized management