Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Employee Reviews

Found 963 reviews matching the search See all 1,032 reviews
OK but has changed since I was there
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 19, 2019
I only worked there a short time. It was long hours and the pay was average. The benefits were good at the time but I'm sure the insurance has changed since then.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Worst coming in MD to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJanuary 18, 2019
This company is by far the worst and is going to continue to get worst over the years to come this company is based off growing profitably but only to the ppl up the chain will it benefit you will be wasting time with this company as only their out for themselves. This company is a joke plain an simple. No help long hours huge orders that dont need to be placed. Eveyone talks trash about one another. Plus not to mention the mileage cut. Went from 53 cents to 14 cents a mile. The person telling you " oh this will benefit you" coming from somone making 70k a year. Smh I'm glad I left when I did. More family time holidays and weekends off. So make the right move and leave or don't even bother with this company. Smh I cant believe I thought this was a good company to work for from the start but only took me 3 years to see their true colors.
Pros
Myself
Cons
Everything about this company and more
Pay sucks, salesmen, etc
Hybrid driver (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 17, 2019
It’s good to get your cdl through the company but after you get it, leave. You have your cdl and you’re paid like nothing. Warehouse workers makes more than you, and the Chinese over pay is a joke. The longer you work the less you get paid... make a lot less than any other delivery company. Salesman open all type of counts, which makes your day longer and work you like a dog. This company is a joke. All they care about is getting their numbers.
Pros
Some routes are local
Cons
pay, supervisor, salesman.
Good job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2019
This is a good place to work. The management isn’t really good in the call center, but the salary and schedule is good. There are very few variables so it’s easy to plan around your work
Going through changes
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 16, 2019
Going through a lot of transition and in process of trying to determine appropriate structure across the area. Very chaotic at this time. Great brand to work with and local team was very dedicated, but over worked.
very productive
Merchandiser Helper (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 14, 2019
summertime is very busy
offseason less hours
too many days off
very few call out days
workplace can be busy at times
managment can be strick
short breaks
Pros
goood money
Cons
not eneough hours
Horrible place to work
Bulk Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCJanuary 9, 2019
I would not recommend this job to anyone. Being a merchandiser has plenty of cons. You will be over worked and not valued enough. Management does not care how many hours you work. They only care that you complete the Work. They will never help you. When you voice a complaint they don’t do anything about it. There will be plenty of 12 hour days. They will always ask you to work on your days off. I can go on and on. But again, I would not recommend this job to anyone. The work is not worth the money.
Cons
Too many hours. Work not worth the pay.
A good job to step from
Account Developer (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 8, 2019
This job is good for people already in the sales or beverage industry. If a person had no idea of the inner workings of stores, this is not the right fit.
Good
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 8, 2019
I don't know what happens when you are ready to go and if you want to come down there and work with others you will need to attend Friday morning meeting
Order Builder/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Great job for the pay. During summer it’s very hectic but overall good. After a year of working you get your week vacation. Has great benefits vision, health, dental .
It was good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2019
They fed us a lot and it was relaxed the coolest plant managers friendly people and job wasn't to damanding it If I liked Charlotte more I definitely would have stayed
Very political environment. No teamwork. Lazy workers. Supervision is non-existant. No training set in place for anyone
Logistics Clerk 1-Dock Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2019
The people make this job a poor place to work. If you dont like to work but like to talk, they will love you. If you take pride in your work and are a mature responsible adult, then you will have a hard time working here
Pros
A lot of overtime opportunities
Cons
Management doesn't know what they are doing
Good pay, but terrible work-life balance
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 31, 2018
It pays well, but you have little to no outside life outside of the job because of the hours. The workplace culture is also lacking because of various reasons.
Cons
terrible work-life balance
Checker (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VADecember 30, 2018
A typical day includes the normal responsibilities. I've learned more inventory skills along with more team building skills. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the great work atmosphere, and the company shows how much they care about their employees.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Scheduling
Terrible Management and Cutthroat Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 28, 2018
TERRIBLE Company! POOR Management. Cutthroat. Will Fire you in a minute. Their Company Motto is: To Honor God In All We Do. I am not sure what God they are referring to but it is Not the Merciful God that I worship. Coca-Cola's God must be the Money God because they only worried about how much money they can save with laying off or firing more employees. I have worked many years for a few different Companies and by far this is the WORST Company I have ever worked at.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Great place to work If you can fly
Warehouse Worker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 25, 2018
This place was enjoyable at first. But as it went along it became nearly impossible to meet the demands of the job. Loading 80 cases of pop an hour, consisted of finding it, loading it, staging it, wrapping it and dropping it off with a pallet jack. Now that seems like not a lot but a case is 2 twelve packs. So 160 12 packs an hour. If you can barely make that it doesn't matter, they just keep increasing. Then you get that, then they increase to 90, 120, 160, 200, etc. That's not counting the 2 liters which is 8 at a time, stacked 8 to 10 high, depending on the order of course. If you are not meeting the quota you are sent to the office daily. They give you the order at 3 they expect you to be done by 7. So to do this job well, you have to be a body builder. Oh and if you don't watch out, you might get run over by a speeding forklift. So be very aware of your surroundings. Spills happen daily. So you have to mop them up at night. So great job if you can do it.
Pros
Free Pop, 30 to 40 hours a week.
Cons
Extremely fast paced.
Could better
Pricing Coordinator / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYDecember 20, 2018
Company could do better in how they hire and fire people not a friendly place very fast paced company. They’ve been around forever. Good company if you last.
Pros
Free food
Cons
To much gossiping
Wouldn't recommend
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 19, 2018
There is no life so take what you can from the job. I did not like how they handed a lot of things. Company is good on benefits but I wouldn't make this a career.
Only would recommend this job if you cant find anything else
PT Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 17, 2018
Am currently a part time Merchandiser, and I refuse to become full time employees for Coke. First and foremost you will work hard to get paid chinese pay once you go over 40 hours. The job has decent pay and benefits, however it should be a lot more for the hard work and long hours worked with little too no help. I only would recommend this job to someone that CAN'T find anything else full time with decent pay. It's a good part time job at least if you get over 40 hours they will pay you time in a half. And more mileage as well for you car which is 37 cent per mile. Once you become full time mileage drop to 14 cent per mile.
Slavery
Driver (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 17, 2018
One of the Worst Jobs I have ever worked for I have countless Horror stories when I worked there, Constant running back and forth to different cities In one day 20 plus stops. Why wasnt the route in one city that would of made life a little bit easier. For such a big Company they had the Worst Trucks\old\no ac etc etc, equipment, not enough hand trucks or Uboats there were times that i had to sleep in the parkinglot so i could b early enough to grab me a extra uboat or handtruck. They would put orders on sideloads that were meant for a back loader been number of times I got screwed at a stop that required a loading dock delivery and being in a sideloader i had to down stack pallets and put on another pallet to make the delivery was there for almost 2 hrs when it should of taken no longer then 15mins to deliver. God I hated that place Im glad i didnt not stay long to be abused like that
Pros
You Have a Job
Cons
Work You to Death