Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Employee Reviews

great place to work
delivery helper (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 12, 2018
I loved working for coca cola bottling consolidated n would like to again if i can have that chance. i love working with different people n learning how to handle the product n be very conductive when it came to working n inteeracting with others.
it's who you know
senior salesman (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35217November 11, 2018
I was a senior salesman for Cocal Cola Classic. That is a route supervisor but I noticed most of the higher paying positions and new memebers of management were somehow connected to the people doing the hirring. Too many people were moved up to higher paying positions that were not good workers. They were friends, family members of friends and or running buddies with the people hiring.

A lot of good workers left the company due to being looked over and jobs being given to the ones that did not pull their own weight.
Pros
insurance
Cons
nepotism
Terrible
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHNovember 8, 2018
An awful place to work! You get yelled at for taking lunch breaks and for taking more than 20 minutes per stock with hundreds of cases that need placed. Not worth the money and management is terrible.
Cons
Fast paced work environment,very competitive market, attention to details and service
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 8, 2018
A typical work day for me was, checking your work phone to see where your deliveries were for your merchandisers, and customers. Also making sure you have the proper coverage for all accounts, including on late deliveries.What I've learned about this job, you have to be a big role model to your team. Lead by example, work side to side with them. Find solutions to problems, but most of all,praise your employees on the great job they've accomplished. The culture in Coca Cola is great. We always recognize employees hard work, hand out Service Awards for there time served with the company. Turn managers into leaders, work with the community, and make sure that every employee does there best. The hardest part of the job, is to make sure that everyone in your team reports to work,and to hope that you don't have late deliveries logistically. My most enjoyable part of my job is working with my team, and interacting with clients, and customers.
Pros
Good work environment, good benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
No room for advancment
You are just a number
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 7, 2018
Business strategy when things are tough they will eliminate jobs quickly versus reinvesting in their people. Great place to start your sales career, but I recommend looking to grow professionally elsewhere. Whatever you do, do not drink the Kool Aid.
Pros
Co-workers were fantastic
Cons
Management, career growth, communication
Productive and good place to work
Senior Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2018
Typical day at work for me would be getting their to start up machine and getting all the orders pull and ready to be fill.
I learn a lot working at Coca and how to perform well do get to the next level of work.
Management is very well maintain and do the job to get the work done.
The hardest part of my job nothing at all.
The most enjoyable part is getting to know different culture to f people and making friends.
Pros
Having lunch bring in every once in awhile
Fun place to work
Account Developer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH 44306November 5, 2018
I have had a great career here. I need to move on to something else but I have nothing but great thinks to say about this company and besides, who doesn't love Coke?!
Its hard work and for the amount of work i do the pay is not enough and they do not give raises
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2018
wouldn't recommend to anyone its way to much work and the management isn't all the great I have worked any a lot of environments with bad management but this one is a little to much they are never on the same page which causes confusion on the lower level
Overworked and underpaid
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 4, 2018
If you work for ccbcc, you are not working for the Coke company. You're working for one of the country's bottlers. So technically while you're a Coke representative you're not employed by them. Pay is a day rate however overtime is trash. It's not time and a half but rather half time. It seems the more hours you work the less you're paid. But there are ways around this. If your account developer actually has a good relationship with the stores you work and actually pays attention to your backstock it might not be too bad. It's to your advantage to get your work finished in 8 or less hours. Be ready to be disliked/hated by back room receivers and other vendors as your store will probably have way more product than it really needs and you and your product are in the way of others. I do have to say my supervisor was the best boss I've had in all my working experience. Unfortunately they do not/cannot control what is ordered. But they would usually send help on heavier deliveries, even if they had to come out themselves. If ccbcc were smart they would have the merchandisers order the product or at least have the a.d. help with the everything they order. Be prepared to see what you do and work with and then see what competitors do and work with, and you'll be wishing you worked with them. There is opportunity to advance but you have to be in your position for 6 months before moving to another position.
Pros
Benefit packages, employee discounts/sales through warehouse
Cons
Pay, hours, somebody else in control of your product
does not respect opinions from workers with years of experience in the market.
Full Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 2, 2018
typical day started at 5:00 AM and ended 5:00 pm or later

Learned that the" good ole boy" network is still prevalent

Culture was to look good when visitors arrived on scheduled visits working to "clean up" before they arrived.
good
Coca Cola Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2018
best company ever good friendly work Force Good enployers good drivers good bosses Good work place got the best staff and trucks No drama steady pace work
Best Group of co Workers
Electrical Maintenance Technician,Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2018
Specially after they move from Miami a regular working day become two days, for example to start waking up at two in the morning and comeback home after nine o'clock living to narrow space to rest
Pros
Usually good pay after all OT
Cons
Demanding to many hours
good company decent pay
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2018
long hard days with no help and i had the downtown denver area skyscrapers to fill. I learned to manage time well.
Management was helpful and supportive.
Workplace was comfortable and i met a lot of people of all different kinds on my routes.
The hours were super long and too early.
The best part of the job was all the people i was able to meet and the ever hanging environment.
Pros
Good company good benefits great staff
Cons
long hours and dangerous work environment at times
great
Office Coordinator and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVOctober 29, 2018
great company to work for. friendly people, great staff, amazing people to work with! Everyone is always eager to help and show you the way. One of the best places I've ever worked!
Cons
hours
Worst company I ever worked for.
Truck Driver /Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 25, 2018
Management was all about management and the people they supervised were there to ensure Management got promoted, not the employee's. Having just re-upped my CDL after a 26 year hiatus, they were the only one's to hire me. I had lot's of previous experience, but by today's rules it was considered too old to count, Truth be told, your CDL didn't matter much, as you were nothing more than a glorified shelf stocker. Unless you got into an accident or had an incident. Then the CDL was all about you and the company did little to nothing to back you up. When the company changed hands in Billings, the entire driver group bailed within one month as the people taking over were even worse. All I can say, is it was a job, definitely not a career!
Cons
See above!
Greay company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 24, 2018
I worked hard and made all my deliveries and performed great customer service e and worked well with management and other staff. I learned a lot from working with this company
Pros
Great company
Cons
Never know how long your work day is.
Part Time Order Builder (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 23, 2018
Not enough equipment for the staff and no way to get more equipment aside from "asking for it", there is no formal way of requesting new / more equipment (this is what the managers told me why they couldn't get more jacks so we didn't have to walk around).

Could never plan anything personal, never knew what time you'd be getting done, "completion" indicates whenever they decided to let you leave.

They consider Full Time / Part Time based on annual hours, not weekly.

I was told if I got close on hours to hit full time they would cut hours near the end of the year.
Great Coworkers
On Premise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 23, 2018
Enjoyed the coworkers and fringe benefits that came with the accounts I dealt with on a weekly basis. Good balance between work and home life and pay was good too
Great
Consultant, Management Leadership (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 23, 2018
This was by far the best position and great company to work for. they upper management is a true support team that you can count on. They give you all the tools to make it in this business.
Fast pace
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasOctober 22, 2018
Great crew, but hours were long. The managers were amazing to work for. The hours at time were toong to bare at times especially on Sunday's; which is their highest volume day.